Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Dunno about solid performance. He was awful in the first half. Do people only remember the last 45?

Tapori

Best game of the season.
Improving in ironing out many issues raised.
Better decisions, better passing better reading
Still plenty to do to reach Rio/Vidic tier. Well done.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Outstanding today both of them. I’d go as far as to say that was world class from both of them.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I only got to watch the second half which was a MOTM performace for me.

Zoo

He was excellent and played a fantastic pass forward for Shaw to start the move that led to Bruno’s chance.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He was decent but didn't look as confident as he has recently with Bailly as that safety net.
You’re talking out of your backside here didn’t look as confident :lol: He’s just put in probably the best performance I’ve seen from him this season at least!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Dunno about solid performance. He was awful in the first half. Do people only remember the last 45?
We kept a clean sheet away at Anfield in a game where we could hardly keep the ball. I think all our defence deserves their plaudits.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He was brilliant, only one poor moment which the pass that was blocked by Firmino. Other than that, very solid.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good performance, cleared everything. Had one poor moment but apart from that he was very good.

united for life

Massive performance. He needs to step up in defensive games like this and he did. A rock at the back today

Devil may care

You’re talking out of your backside here didn’t look as confident :lol: He’s just put in probably the best performance I’ve seen from him this season at least!
Shouldn't you be watching videos of Koopmeiners instead of trying to be a wiseass? He was ok but nervy at times, don't be so ludicrously hyperbolic.

McTerminator

Disagree, thought his performance in the first half was solid. It's hard to look comfortable as a CB when half the team are sh***ing themselves at the occasion. Our back five saw us through that first half and did well to do so imo.

Agree that he had a strong second half display, as did most of the defence and midfield.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Disagree, thought his performance in the first half was solid. It's hard to look comfortable as a CB when half the team are sh***ing themselves at the occasion. Our back five saw us through that first half and did well to do so imo.

Agree that he had a strong second half display, as did most of the defence and midfield.
I dunno, I expect the supposed leader at CB to bring some stability in those moments. He rarely does. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but he never seems to calm it down.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I dunno, I expect the supposed leader at CB to bring some stability in those moments. He rarely does. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but he never seems to calm it down.
I mean what is he supposed to do if the players in front of him keep giving the ball away every time they get it. The more possession the other team has the more it is difficult for the defenders to play well.

feck me, he gets slated all the time here for doing exactly that, being calm on the ball and chilling out a team that fecking loves to give the ball away from the midfield onwards.
Apparently when he does it, he’s too slow, yet now it’s the opposite, he never calms us down?

McTerminator

I can appreciate that. I think the occasion got on top of all of our players though and I'm willing to give them a pass on it since most of them have never been in such an important game before.

On to the next one!

dogwithabone

Bit like Fred, suddenly he is looking worth his fee. No complaint, him and VVD are the best two central defenders in the PL.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
feck me, he gets slated all the time here for doing exactly that, being calm on the ball and chilling out a team that fecking loves to give the ball away from the midfield onwards.
Apparently when he does it, he’s too slow, yet now it’s the opposite, he never calms us down?
You're conflating points here. Him giving the ball away and flapping under pressure early in games has nothing to do with him being slow. He doesn't get slated for being calm.

cj_sparky

Thought he did well overall.

Him drawing a foul from Salah early in the second half was immensely amusing.

ash_86

Didn't put one foot wrong. Liverpool for wards didn't get a sniff of our goal today

Status
Not open for further replies.