Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

I wish he had more urgency and conviction in his passing. Most of the time hes just ambling along and is way to lazy on the ball. He should be fizzing It into the feet of the midfielder and attackers. No way hes a 80m defender. A solid game from him today though.
Who decides what he's worth?

Without Maguire, we would have finished about 6th last season.

The difference in playing in the CL compared to the Europa League, is approx £40m - £50m.

Bargain.

YAMS49

Yeah I thought he was good today. Goldbridge only gave him a 5 on the United Stand ratings, and I can't really see why. Neither goal was his fault, and he made some great clearances, and seemed (to me at least) to be a bit quicker with his passing.
Goldbridge has an agenda, ignore him.

Dve

Goldbridge has an agenda, ignore him.
He absolutely has, when he´s blaming Maguire for every goal United concede. I can´t recall Maguire having one single bad involvement yesterday. Not one. His agenda is to make Fernandes the captain (which Goldbridge believes United signed because of him..haha), so Maguire gets the blame every time, simply because he is the captain.

Goldbridge´s success clearly has got to his head, and don´t you dare disagreeing with his (ever changing) opinion; he´ll go on a 5 minutes rant, calling you an idiot and ask you to leave the channel. Yeah, who is the idiot.

tjb

He faces the Harry Kane problem. It's almost like people waited for a slight drop on form in him to label him as a typical average british defender, in the same way people find it difficult to see Harry Kane as one of the top strikers in the world ( and top in the league).

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Amazing how people just disappear for the consistently good performances he puts in.

Another solid display, does very little wrong and lots right.
I'm sure they will still find something to b*tch about. Funny thing is, I usually hear them saying the exact same things the Mark "I have an agenda" Goldbridge says. Nothing but a bunch of muppets repeating whatever he says...

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It would be nice when protesting to the ref, as a Captain, he doesn't like he's gonna cry all the time.

Sylar

Think he, like many had a very bad start to the season. Think hes getting better and better, and playing the games is helping him

We are conceding daft goals from set pieces now which needs to be worked on. But in play goals are being cut out (stupid Istanbul opener aside)

TrustInOle

Absolutely delighted in his upturn of form but never in doubt. I feel his mental strength is one of the main reasons we brought him and it has showed through. Yes he may not be perfect, but in my opinion he is our best defender since the Rio and Vidic days.

romufc

Yeah I thought he was good today. Goldbridge only gave him a 5 on the United Stand ratings, and I can't really see why. Neither goal was his fault, and he made some great clearances, and seemed (to me at least) to be a bit quicker with his passing.
He has an issue with Maguire. Its clearly an agenda. He does not like Maguire and McTominay but sucks of Bruno. Keeps going on about how Bruno should be captain, in the same sentence will say "how can you give a player been here 6 months the captaincy"

Bruno's mistake led to the Southampton corner... if that was Maguire, he would be calling him all sorts of names.

Does really annoy me when fans cant credit / discredit players on game by game performances.

jem

He has an issue with Maguire. Its clearly an agenda. He does not like Maguire and McTominay but sucks of Bruno. Keeps going on about how Bruno should be captain, in the same sentence will say "how can you give a player been here 6 months the captaincy"

Bruno's mistake led to the Southampton corner... if that was Maguire, he would be calling him all sorts of names.

Does really annoy me when fans cant credit / discredit players on game by game performances.
Well I agree with his exasperation about anti- Bruno posters. I mean Ricky on United Stand has honestly claimed that you could just have replaced Bruno with Van De Beek and the results would have been the same. I like Donny but that's just ridiculous! But Goldbridge's stand on the likes of McTominay and Mata can get very tiring after a while.

romufc

Well I agree with his exasperation about anti- Bruno posters. I mean Ricky on United Stand has honestly claimed that you could just have replaced Bruno with Van De Beek and the results would have been the same. I like Donny but that's just ridiculous! But Goldbridge's stand on the likes of McTominay and Mata can get very tiring after a while.
Its exactly the same with other fans, want to get their best players in the team rather than looking at what the team needs.

I like Greenwood, but I was happy he got taken off for Cavani, it should be all about who is performing in the period. We know players will lose form and others will hit form.

Unfortunately, Maguire has been tainted with a few mistakes and because everyone says he is crap, people believe it. If certain fans keep reading he is crap, seing posts about his missed header.

The prime example is when Rants the United fan came out with a video of Bruno being a stat padler and now everyone has jumped on it. In truth none of them actually know what a stat padler is.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

He also b*tches about people having agendas and claims to call it how he sees it. Then he goes on to give Martial high scores when Martial has been stinking up the joint. But then claims it's an agenda against Martial when Cavani has a good game but doesn't score. I like Martial, but in most games this year, he hasn't been very good. His hold up play is good but he is constantly looking for ball to feet and back to goal. He says Martial doesn't get the service. The service is there. He just doesn't make the runs. and is constantly checking in rather than making runs into space like Canvani does. Personally, I hope to see more of Martial, Cavani and Rashford playing as our front 3...

As for Maguire, by far our best defender. Goldbridge has no idea what he's talking about...

ReallyUSA

No way my guy Ricky said that bullshit

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Maguire be our Kyle Walker, close to world class dependable homegrown player who came for big money and proved himself over time. Many players will be judged based on how we do as a team though. In the current climate it will be very difficult to win the league so some will not be appreciated as much. Every mistake will be highlighted for the not so fashionable and big transfer players like Harry, Fred or Pogba, unfortunately the ultimate success is still pretty far and those mistakes won´t be covered by trophies.

The United

"No Premier League defender has won as many aerial duels as Harry Maguire so far this season. (41). "

I am happy with it. After a few months since he joined, I had some doubt regarding with his aerial ability. It is good to have someone who can dominate it at the back now.

Would be gold if we have two since we are still a bit weak at defending set pieces.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
"No Premier League defender has won as many aerial duels as Harry Maguire so far this season. (41). "

I am happy with it. After a few months since he joined, I had some doubt regarding with his aerial ability. It is good to have someone who can dominate it at the back now.

Would be gold if we have two since we are still a bit weak at defending set pieces.
Surely his aerial game is something even his biggest agenda soaked critic couldn't criticise!

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's been good since he came here, maybe not breathtaking but good. Yes, he did make some mistakes but who doesn't. Is a presence in both boxes, good attitude and consistency.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
He's been good since he came here, maybe not breathtaking but good. Yes, he did make some mistakes but who doesn't. Is a presence in both boxes, good attitude and consistency.
He has. It’s puzzled me why people have thought he’s been so bad. He slotted in almost straight away. Really solid and steady for the most part ever since.

R77

He has. It’s puzzled me why people have thought he’s been so bad. He slotted in almost straight away. Really solid and steady for the most part ever since.
Nah, he hadn't just made your usual kind of mistakes. The bizarre back and forth dribble v Chelsea, throwing Shaw out the way, that Spurs game and period in general. All time blooper reel, meme worthy stuff. Was really worried he'd completey lost his head for a while.

However, he's done really well pulling it back, and confidence is restored. No worries at all seeing his name on the team sheet, it's good to have him. You can't make out that stuff didn't happen though, or like it was run of the mill, out of form goings on. Not seen it's like before and unlikely will again at this level.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Nah, he hadn't just made your usual kind of mistakes. The bizarre back and forth dribble v Chelsea, throwing Shaw out the way, that Spurs game and period in general. All time blooper reel, meme worthy stuff. Was really worried he'd completey lost his head for a while.

However, he's done really well pulling it back, and confidence is restored. No worries at all seeing his name on the team sheet, it's good to have him. You can't make out that stuff didn't happen though, or like it was run of the mill, out of form goings on. Not seen it's like before and unlikely will again at this level.
You can cherry pick any defender and say 'look, this is not JUST your usual mistake...' then portray it as something truly horrendous. I maybe remember 2 total clangers in his time here. In an erratic team, I don't think it's that bad.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

I’m going to ignore the first few games of this season, not just with Maguire, but the whole team.

But there’s one thing I’m becoming certain of ... Harry Maguire, while not the very best CB in the world is a top player and will rarely let us down while he has the Utd shirt on.

romufc

He also b*tches about people having agendas and claims to call it how he sees it. Then he goes on to give Martial high scores when Martial has been stinking up the joint. But then claims it's an agenda against Martial when Cavani has a good game but doesn't score. I like Martial, but in most games this year, he hasn't been very good. His hold up play is good but he is constantly looking for ball to feet and back to goal. He says Martial doesn't get the service. The service is there. He just doesn't make the runs. and is constantly checking in rather than making runs into space like Canvani does. Personally, I hope to see more of Martial, Cavani and Rashford playing as our front 3...

As for Maguire, by far our best defender. Goldbridge has no idea what he's talking about...
I totally agree. I really like Martial but I am not deluded, he is not playing how he should be and for the team at the moment. Every time Martial gets the ball, he wants to turn and run at people, you cannot do that as a ST. Stop dribbling where there is 2 CDM's and 2 CB's, you will get through 1/20. A ST needs to give the defence rest, he keeps losing it or slowing down play, whereas Cavani has come in and shown how it should be played. ball to feet, lay off to the CAM. make a run. Ball out wide instead of dribbling into the box, put the ball in the box.

Unfortunately, people only see Maguire as this mistakes captain, it is people like him who should be careful because on a platform where you have thousands watching you, you shouldn't have such agendas.

Him and others have blamed Maguire for the 1st Southampton goal, has he played football before? How is a CB in the centre marking space going to go head the ball at the front post? The delivery was quality, if you want to have a go at people, look at the corner again, we had 4 players on the front post, none of them was Maguire.

Man Utd 1:3 PSG

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I totally agree. I really like Martial but I am not deluded, he is not playing how he should be and for the team at the moment. Every time Martial gets the ball, he wants to turn and run at people, you cannot do that as a ST. Stop dribbling where there is 2 CDM's and 2 CB's, you will get through 1/20. A ST needs to give the defence rest, he keeps losing it or slowing down play, whereas Cavani has come in and shown how it should be played. ball to feet, lay off to the CAM. make a run. Ball out wide instead of dribbling into the box, put the ball in the box.

Unfortunately, people only see Maguire as this mistakes captain, it is people like him who should be careful because on a platform where you have thousands watching you, you shouldn't have such agendas.

Him and others have blamed Maguire for the 1st Southampton goal, has he played football before? How is a CB in the centre marking space going to go head the ball at the front post? The delivery was quality, if you want to have a go at people, look at the corner again, we had 4 players on the front post, none of them was Maguire.
And he's blaming Maguire and Lindelof for the second goal tonight while they stepped forward (as they should) yet two others stayed back and kept them onside (barely). Those players should have stepped up and then they are offside yet he blames our two central defenders. Not to mention Telles turning his back on the first goal but doesn't get blasted for taking an eye off Neymar...

DON’T PANIC ™

Laughable that Maguire was put on his ass not once but twice by Neymar for their last goal.
Otherwise, I thought he was decent.

A-man

Think he was good. Won most duels and wasn’t beaten for speed.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Played very well today, unlucky to be on the losing side.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He was immense against PSG. Top class performances, finally.

arthurka

Laughable that Maguire was put on his ass not once but twice by Neymar for their last goal.
Otherwise, I thought he was decent.
To be fair to him that was a 100% chance for Neymar he won't miss those even though Martial probably would've. Arry was good tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.