Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I genuinely laughed out loud when after voting for MotM (Onana) I saw that more than half of the forum (at that point at least) has voted for him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was easily our best player for the first 35 minutes. Defended well, won the ball back aggressively, and his long passes set up most of our most dangerous attacks. Dropped off a bit after that when he got the yellow, but popped back up to get the late equaliser. Perhaps should have done better for the even latter Fulham winner though.

Parma Dewol

Even when he has a half decent game, I always feel as though he’s detrimental to our build up. Takes far too many touches and slows the game down significantly.

Such a difference to when Martinez or Shaw are in there.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Not good enough
Agree. However, if some of our skilled but gutless players had his attitude to being benched and then regaining his spot, then they could learn a thing or two.

E-mal

Agree. However, if some of our skilled but gutless players had his attitude to being benched and then regaining his spot, then they could learn a thing or two.
Trust me, you don't want to know what I think of those guys. At least with him effort is not a concern

redshaw

I admire his resilience, strong character, he's got the right attitude and took an incredible amount of stick. Sadly he's not good enough or fast enough and past a very average peak. He can of course play well at times when the pace of the game suits him and for England that is more often the case.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is shit. Just too slow to play for any bigger club. He is good for club who will play defensive style. For any bigger side he is complete liability.

theatreofdreams777

Watching him trying to catch Traore was painful. If we're serious about next season, then players like him, Lindelöf etc. should be nowhere near the squad after the summer.

Unam333

I admire his resilience, strong character, he's got the right attitude and took an incredible amount of stick. Sadly he's not good enough or fast enough and past a very average peak. He can of course play well at times when the pace of the game suits him and for England that is more often the case.
Gotta agree. Him trying to catch that Fulham player was painful.

AshRK

His whole redemption arc was overrated and irritating. He is giving 6 or 7/10 performances and that has been celebrated because he was diabolical for 2 seasons. I admire his professionalism but that's it. He has to leave.

TheLittleOne

His whole redemption arc was overrated and irritating. He is giving 6 or 7/10 performances and that has been celebrated because he was diabolical for 2 seasons. I admire his professionalism but that's it. He has to leave.
sounds mean, but its true:
if he wasnt english
a.) we would have never even considered buying him
b.) the english media would rip him apart

Dominos

Very few defenders would catch Traore once he gets going, to be fair.
His stupid yellow card in the first half indirectly resulted in us conceding in the last minute.

People think yellow cards are no big deal as long as the player behaves themselves for the rest of the game. We don't want players behaving themselves for the rest of the game, we want players who are able to commit a tactical foul when it is needed.

When a player picks up a stupid needless booking early in the game, they have taken away their ability to commit a tactical foul and massively increase our likelihood of conceding.

Maguire has to foul Traore on the half way line for the winner, but he can't because of his own stupidity in the first half. Eriksen is also an idiot for not fouling him, as he's not even on a booking.

Ludens the Red

His stupid yellow card in the first half indirectly resulted in us conceding in the last minute.

People think yellow cards are no big deal as long as the player behaves themselves for the rest of the game. We don't want players behaving themselves for the rest of the game, we want players who are able to commit a tactical foul when it is needed.

When a player picks up a stupid needless booking early in the game, they have taken away their ability to commit a tactical foul and massively increase our likelihood of conceding.

Maguire has to foul Traore on the half way line for the winner, but he can't because of his own stupidity in the first half. Eriksen is also an idiot for not fouling him, as he's not even on a booking.
Yup. Can’t actually believe he didn’t. Think on that occasion he put himself before the team. Didn’t want to miss any upcoming games and was happy to sacrifice us potentially conceding.

Pughnichi

we all know he ain’t the answer…but he has heart and was trying to make things happen. He effectively set up his own goal yday, shielding the ball well from a couple of players, sending in a reasonable cross before putting in the rebound.

can’t believe he ran away celebrating briefly. Shows me the mentality of the squad. for a split second he was happy with a late equaliser. His first thought should have been. Goal. Get the ball.

Alpha 1

One of his biggest weakness; being poor in one on one's was quite evident in the build up to their winner. He just lacks ability, not effort. Obvious.

Also Obvious, is that he is good when he doesn't have to run I.e we are in the penalty area and crosses are coming in.

Danny

Watching him trying to catch Traore was painful. If we're serious about next season, then players like him, Lindelöf etc. should be nowhere near the squad after the summer.
Not many would catch or keep up with Traore to be fair.

As soon as Traore came on there was a feeling he could expose us on a counter, and he did. Our manager didn't make any adjustments.

Kostov

Even when he has a half decent game, I always feel as though he’s detrimental to our build up. Takes far too many touches and slows the game down significantly.

Such a difference to when Martinez or Shaw are in there.
Yes we played like prime Pep Barcelona with Martinez and Shaw in the last 5 games. :houllier:

Kostov

Catching up with Traore was very easily avoidable if Eriksen had an ounce of sense snd took the yellow for the team before that bulldozer even took off. Maguire being on a yellow had very little options left.

Parma Dewol

Yes we played like prime Pep Barcelona with Martinez and Shaw in the last 5 games. :houllier:
Okay, performances weren't exactly scintillating, but to be fair we did at least win those 5 games, scoring 15 goals along the way.

GazTheLegend

Shouldve been sent off
Yeah that was a horrendous tackle. He does something like this every single game at the minute, he's gotten lucky a few times in the last few weeks but you really can't keep making red card fouls and literally giving away goalscoring opportunities for free every match.

How our club persists with some of these absolute pretenders is beyond me, we've rewarded some absolute fecking duds with massive contracts for reasons that I'll never understand. Nobody in world football would pay what we do.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Needs to be forced out by INEOS. Credit to him, he has a strong personality and has done okay this season - but he has no future here and needs to be told that.

Stadjer

The same build up play was there to see, slow, ponderous and uninspiring.
Having Martinez in the build up or having Maguire is a huge difference. Martinez is by far the most important player for our build up and Shaw likely the second most important. Having both out and replacing them with Maguire and Lindelof is hugely affecting the build up. That is clear to see.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
The same build up play was there to see, slow, ponderous and uninspiring.
I am surprised that Evans didn't start yesterday after he did so well coming on for Maguire the last game. He made such a difference in the last game with our build-up and control of the game due to his crisp passing and smart defense.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
sounds mean, but its true:
if he wasnt english
a.) we would have never even considered buying him
b.) the english media would rip him apart
And the refs wouldn't be so nice to him. He's probably gotten away with 5 red cards at least because he's English.

Offsideagain

Ole bought Maguire under constant pressure in the Media. He was OK in the beginning. I can't believe the tales that Guadiola wanted to buy him. He's more of an 'old fashioned' centre half not really suited to tippy tappy pressing football. He went downhill after that incident in Greece on holiday, which still hangs over him. He could end up in Jail for allegedly trying to bribe a police officer. Not the best situation to have in your life. Paid way too much for him, and others. He'll be 31 in March so we'll get buttons for him if we manage to find a buyer. His book value will have been written down over the years so not such a catastrophic loss.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Catching up with Traore was very easily avoidable if Eriksen had an ounce of sense snd took the yellow for the team before that bulldozer even took off. Maguire being on a yellow had very little options left.
So you applauded everytime Fernandinho did the same at City?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
His biggest "quality" so far in United was that he was fit always. This year even Varane is more injury free than Maguire. Something is fishy this year with our injuries.