Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Other than that one mistake, I thought he was good.
Sadly that's the problem, it gifted them an absolutely golden opportunity. He was fantastic in the air and was pretty proactive in his defending, but you just can't play a high line with him.

Alemar

One brain fart moment could have costed us a goal. Rather than that a solid composed game

Ludens the Red

I actually think at the minute he’s better suited to playing than Varane. Due to our uselessness at winning the ball back in that middle of the pitch area I think we need centre backs a bit more aggressive and confrontational. Him and Martinez seem more willing to confront.

Lentwood

Good game apart from one bad mistake. I think the (supposed) 2nd is people looking to be over-critical as usual, it was a fantastic pass and run and sometimes that will happen.

Those desperate to get rid should be careful what they wish for. He's not world class but there are not a tonne of CBs available who are a definite upgrade. I'd keep him as backup RCB next season.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Two big mistakes and another amateurishly preemptive move (where he was facing 2 West Ham players and decided to attack the one with the ball, leaving a glaring gap of space for him to pass into — thankfully the shot that followed was weak)... and people are saying that he had an overall good game?

And now we're stuck with him again.
He is prone to following the ball like a golden retriever. One of the few PL CBs who never scans.

Thought he made some good tackles first half but I wouldn't go too over the top with the praise considering his second half performance.

Not looking forward to seeing his name on the team sheet for the next few weeks whilst Martinez is out.

Teja

I think the new role as the middle of the 3 defenders suits him well. He's not really expected to step up and win the ball anymore, nor his he expected to carry. He's more of a sweeper and it allows his passing ability to shine while not exposing him to pacy attackers.

He's still not what Ten Hag wants. He needs a guy with the passing / sweeping ability of a Martinez to play that role. Maguire doesn't have that.

IRN-BRUno

His retrial which was supposed to be today has been postponed to 12th March 2025 because of a lawyers' strike in Greece.

Bobski

Another player who became a popular scapegoat and has ended up having a pretty strong season.

predator

Youth NITK
It's mad how quiet the world is when certain players do well and how loud they are when they are playing bad. We're all guilty of it but fair play to Harry he's just been solid lately and on a human level it's extra nice to see after all the shite that he received on social media, which I can only imagine is brutal, no matter how much money he is paid.

Ludens the Red

Fair play to him he’s turned it around. You’d argue he’s more important than Varane atm. I think the biggest thing that’s changed is he’s no longer defending safe. He’s no longer defending likes he’s trying to avoid making a mistake.

Lentwood

I repeat what I have been saying since we signed him...

He might not be world class but there are very few CBs in the PL who are better.

Shows how clueless most fans are and how strong mob mentality is when people were genuinely saying Lewis Dunk and Tomori should be starting ahead of him for England.

NickJ

Really solid performance , vital in both box’s. If only we had someone that can take a decent corner he might get a few more chances to score.

massey

Was class today, occasionally slowed the play down a bit but I think he suffers without Shaw and Martinez next to him who are very mobile and easier to pass to other than that his strengths are what we needed in this game dealing with crosses etc for all the shit people including myself have said about him as a player in the past he's slapped it back in my face and I'm glad :lol:

Red & White

Very good today. Literally won everything in the air, including for his assist. Well done!

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Excellent today. Fair play to him, when we've needed him, hes been very good.

Irwin99

MotM. All credit to him. His passing was very good as well as the defensive work.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’d love him to get player of the season. Don’t think it’ll happen but it’d be due reward for coming through the absolute hammering he had over summer and playing so well

mintyred

He was ok today, he wasn't excellent like people are saying, Villa cut through all our defenders multiple times but we were resilient. I feel like people are overexaggerating his performances now because he got slated for so long.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Well done Harry, he's got his limitations but he's really done well the last few games he's played.
Fair play to him, you can see he really wants to win

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Keeps going from strength to strength. Takes a lot for someone to take all the criticism and come back stronger. Was viral in the win. Won a lot of headers in both boxes

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Taking away captaincy and making him a rotational player has helped him very much, he looks like a player who was rated highly and not the poor one we had over last 1-2 seasons.

Stadjer

He was ok today, he wasn't excellent like people are saying, Villa cut through all our defenders multiple times but we were resilient. I feel like people are overexaggerating his performances now because he got slated for so long.
I would usually agree with this. Maguire his average games are rated as good, excellent or collosal here but today he was actually good. When Villa cut through the defense it was because the Villa midfielders could run past our midfielders. Maguire cant really be blamed for those moments. He ended up in the middle of nowhere when Onana had to rush out to make an excellent save in the first half, but that was because Maguire had to defend against two man since Casemiro wasnt back in time.

Maguire was dominant in the air, his tackles were good and he assisted a goal. Most important part, he didnt have his usual Maguire moment where he just gifts the opponent a chance. Maguire really had a good game today.

SAFMUTD

If not for Onana MOTM, gotta give it to him he seemed done at the club after the captaincy was stripped out but he's been really solid. I think it actually helped him to be out of focus a little bit.

Sylar

Taking away captaincy and making him a rotational player has helped him very much, he looks like a player who was rated highly and not the poor one we had over last 1-2 seasons.
Think the captaincy being taken away defo was good for him. It's less pressure on him and he can just focus on defending.
He was solid both ends of the pitch especially for set pieces.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Think the captaincy being taken away defo was good for him. It's less pressure on him and he can just focus on defending.
He was solid both ends of the pitch especially for set pieces.
Yeah, he is playing more freely now and also less mistakes. Had a good season and arguably better season than varane.

Speako

Exactly this.