View full 2023-24 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Golden Nugget

I can't stand watching him on the ball, every second he's in possession screams lower table defender from 10 years ago.
Defensive wise he’s done well recently and had a decent game today. My goodness when we need a goal and need some urgency he’s too slow on it, or just keeps passing back to Onana.

lsd

The Oracle
Not sure if it's a sign how much we have fallen the season and a half but Maguire is one of the few we have who can hold his head high.

klayton88

I don't get all the praise around him today. He was the senior defender and he was as calamitous as the others in terms of positioning and leading the line.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Credit to him for a solid season.

But he had so much of the ball in the 2nd half. Martinez makes at least 3-4 line splitters there.

Slowly carrying the ball and rolling it to AWB or Casemiro will never work. I'd rather boot it up field and hope for a second ball. Jesus that's grim.

RuudTom83

Regardless of his own personal performance…no defence is ever going to play the high line with him at the centre of it!

So he is badly limiting the tactics the team can play.

Coventry 3:3 Man Utd New

Golden Nugget

Really happy he’s turned things around. One of the few that really shows he cares. Looked bad for their first goal, but that was due to AWB being horrendously out of position. My motm

Stadjer

At times he looked like he was trying to rebrand himself as an attacker. Actually made some good runs today. One of the better players today.

TempusFugit

Has the heart of a lion. To come back from all the abuse and ridicule and still play like this for the club, I'm genuinely impressed. I hope he wins the FA cup with us, would be a fitting senf off.

Red-17

At times he looked like he was trying to rebrand himself as an attacker. Actually made some good runs today. One of the better players today.
Probably fed up of watching Rashford and Wan Bissaka dribble down the wing and cut back into traffic for the 100th time and decided he' just do things himself.

Strachan8

Fair dinkum player. Some years back away to Palace, Rashford could be heard on TV calling Harry a ‘knobhead‘ after he didn’t chase a pass from Harry and was told off. Only one of them belongs at the club.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think he's proved himself. Lots of problems in defense but he isn't one of them. Seemingly also one of the few players who has the mentality to play in a top team. Ole specifially mentioned him as one of the few strong characters in the group.

BigBebe

I think he deserves a lot of credit. He has taken so much stick but he was a leader out there today.

Also, at the end, he did not celebrate, he went straight over to shake the Coventry players hands (unlike Antony who is just a git)

Idxomer

Well, he's definitely not a championship level which you can't say about some of the other players based on their showing today.

Good performance.

GazTheLegend

Well, he's definitely not a championship level which you can't say about some of the other players based on their showing today.

Good performance.
My feeling too. Maguire is assuredly a Premier League player and absolutely dominated today.

Compared with the (now completely finished, surely) Casemiro, I know which one I'd take.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He did well today. And hes always available. Probably makes him our best center back.

E-mal

He is still a problem if we want to play a higher line of defence. Unfortunately we have too many things to change this summer but we dare not offer him a new contract

The Purley King

Motm today for us.
Didn’t see the turnaround coming but he’s done very well by and large this season despite his limitations

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I genuinely feel that under a good manager he will still have a decent career outside United. The current system is unplayable for a CB. Even Rio & Nesta would struggle playing for this manager

Oranges038

Decent game.

Still too slow to play line breaking passes, time and time again he just ignored it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Maguire's distribution is maddening. There will be times when there is nobody around him, he can take the ball to chest and start playing, and he just heads it. Bizarre. The amount of touches he takes on the deck shows he doesn't trust himself with the ball. Rightly so. Maguire will never be a core part of a team that really wants to play out from deep.

Telsim

A professional. Takes some massive grit to turn things around. Well, relatively.

Could be a good squad option, if there's someone next to him to move the ball up the pitch.

Alemar

He scored, and he was much better than Casemiro at the back. A good game from Harry

lsd

The Oracle
Noticed him going straight to the Coventry players after the last penalty.

Whatever else can be said about him he's a class act

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The irony is we took the captaincy away from him, yet he's one of the few with the desire to do all he can do to help the team.
He was making better runs with the ball than the wingers.

Lyng

Maguire's distribution is maddening. There will be times when there is nobody around him, he can take the ball to chest and start playing, and he just heads it. Bizarre. The amount of touches he takes on the deck shows he doesn't trust himself with the ball. Rightly so. Maguire will never be a core part of a team that really wants to play out from deep.
Spot on. Defensively he is very sound but boy is he slow on the ball.