View full 2023-24 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Credit where it's due he has been very good recently
Proven everyone wrong by turning down West Ham last Summer. Important player again & improving in confidence by the week.

His availability likely means we’ll still want a very decent fee to part ways as he’s a much better option as a 3rd CB than Lindelöf, and more reliable fitness wise than any of the rest.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Proven everyone wrong by turning down West Ham last Summer. Important player again & improving in confidence by the week.

His availability likely means we’ll still want a very decent fee to part ways as he’s a much better option as a 3rd CB than Lindelöf, and more reliable fitness wise than any of the rest.
Not everyone.

Alemar

Second goal in two games, long may it continue. Very classy goal as well

Andersonson

He and Bruno has carried the team for quite some time now. Maybe two of the most underappreciated players as well. They got the right mentality and deserve credit

klayton88

Seems to have stopped standing over the ball for an age whilst nudging it forward before playing square. It must be instruction from coaching. Far more direct moving the ball out and played some lovely balls through the lines to get out. Always got an error in him but he's stood up the last few weeks when others have gone missing. Props to him.

RuudTom83

Best of a mediocre bunch isn’t much of a shout!

But this season Slabhead has done okay.

I’m happy for him.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
He should be telling Wan Bissaka off for that second goal, guess he can't do that because he's been shit for a very long time.

Good player but not good enough if we want to win titles again, the likes of him should be sold in the summer.

Nickelodeon

Played well and showed intent. Still had a couple of shifty moments. Not sure if he’s improved or we’ve regressed that he’s not our worst problem anymore.

Sylar

Played well and showed intent. Still had a couple of shifty moments. Not sure if he’s improved or we’ve regressed that he’s not our worst problem anymore.
He's improved. He had defo regressed himself especially towards the end of Oles final season and then the times he played under eth last season.
This season has been more like when he joined us.

Think having the captaincy of him helps too.

Mike Smalling

Scored a goal, won a penalty and defended quite well.

He's had a good season. I must say, I've changed my opinion on Maguire a fair bit. I thought he was a bit of a donkey, and a while back he did and said some questionable things. But now he's really hunkered down, improved his performances and been a model pro.

El Zoido

Has shown great mentality this season to bide his time, and work to get back in the team.
Stark contrast to Sancho.
Exactly my thought re Sancho. Harry Maguire received far more abuse than Sancho ever did, and he hasn’t let it break him. Can’t ask much more as a fan to be honest.

spiriticon

He's had good form yet we've conceded an unbelievable amount of goals.

His ceiling is low, but we all knew that...

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'd probably keep him at this point - unless we can get over £30m for him.

He's probably got the best injury record of any of our CB's, and you probably won't find a better 3rd choice centre back around.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
With how flimsy all of our other centre backs are, and him still arguably being the best aerial defender in the league, there's probably no point in selling him for 20m or so now.

It's probably more about who plays alongside him.
Varane surely goes, Lindelof was only ever back up level anyway/ Martinez is massively injury prone now, and Shaw misses 20 games a season.
Evans surely released on top.

Romez

Because of his lack of pace he cannot play high line. I have mad respect for the lad but he needs to go.
There are at least 10 players in the squad who should go before Maguire.

That would be a monumentally stupid decision to get rid of our most consistent CB.

Evans old as feck, Lindelof shit, Martinez injury prone, Varane injury prone and overrated.

You getting rid of all these and replacing them in one window?

Also Maguire can play a high line, IF you control possession (which we don't, at least yet).

erikcred

There are at least 10 players in the squad who should go before Maguire.

That would be a monumentally stupid decision to get rid of our most consistent CB.

Evans old as feck, Lindelof shit, Martinez injury prone, Varane injury prone and overrated.

You getting rid of all these and replacing them in one window?

Also Maguire can play a high line, IF you control possession (which we don't, at least yet).
Agree, agree, agree, agree, haha what?!

yamo123x

Up there with Dalot for our player of the year for me.

Just got on with his job and been consistently good and carried us at times. Kudos to him

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His strength in the air is a big plus for us, overall as a team we're not great with that. Chipping in with a few goals at the moment.
Has his weaknesses as we know, but has been putting in some decent performances recently.

OldSchoolManc

Fair play to Harry. He has had awful (deserved) criticism but he’s had a lot of MOTM performances this season.
Not his fault that this shouldn’t be the case

the hea

He's been one our best players this season, that doesn't mean a lot in a season like this but still quite a turnaround compared to his earlier years.

Oranges038

Maguire marauding down the left wing is a sight to behold.

Credit where it is due, he has been decent lately,

KranjskaKlobasa

Good game, but for f**cks sake I don't understand why wrestles (the quite obvious push in today's case) with strikers within our penalty in VAR era.

NoPace

I'm surprised at the comments today. Thought it was a classic "Maguire struggles with a high-line (and huge gaps behind the midfield which isn't his fault)" game from him.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm surprised at the comments today. Thought it was a classic "Maguire struggles with a high-line (and huge gaps behind the midfield which isn't his fault)" game from him.
He was good in the episodes where he actively engaged in the play which is the first thing that people look at but he often visibly struggled to make up his mind (as he usually does) in transitional moments, trying to decide whenever to push forward aggressively in order to quickly win the ball or to drop back, usually ending up doing the latter a little to late. It's why he can't and never will be able to play in a high line. It's not his lack of pace that's the main reason (although it's also an issue), it's the complete inability to quickly react to the changes in passages of play.

We really miss Licha, he is our only defender who knows when to step out of the defensive line to cut out the potential attack. Maguire does it sometimes but he often mistimes it. The rest barely even attempt it.

Juicy Juiced

Thenk feck we didnt sell him.
Probably our best player this season. Yeah, I know we are shite but credit were is due.

MrBest

Probably been our best CB this season, I like it. Has been solid but in reality, u can clearly see we need another type of CB. Can get caught easily, too slow, not great at bringing the ball up, probably should score more headers.

Credit where due though, given the rubbish we have, one of first names on team sheet for me. We miss his leadership.

NoPace

He was good in the episodes where he actively engaged in the play which is the first thing that people look at but he often visibly struggled to make up his mind (as he usually does) in transitional moments, trying to decide whenever to push forward aggressively in order to quickly win the ball or to drop back, usually ending up doing the latter a little to late. It's why he can't and never will be able to play in a high line. It's not his lack of pace that's the main reason (although it's also an issue), it's the complete inability to quickly react to the changes in passages of play.

We really miss Licha, he is our only defender who knows when to step out of the defensive line to cut out the potential attack. Maguire does it sometimes but he often mistimes it. The rest barely even attempt it.
d

Dead on. When strikers drop off and receive a pass on the counter he doesn’t know whether to go with them or not and I don’t blame him really, he just isn’t good at it and never will be.

The annoying thing with him is that he hasn’t forced a move to West Ham or Serie A but very few people take a pay cut when their job isn’t intolerable.

He should probably be dropped by Southgate unless they play 3 at the back, and first option to come on if they need/want to defend deeper to close out games.

If we hire Tuchel he should probably stay. Otherwise I’d look to move on if I was him. He won’t start for England by the 2026 World Cup, he’s made money, take a pay cut and try to win at Inter or Atletico like slow, useful defenders in De Vrij and Savic have done.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Probably our best player this season. Yeah, I know we are shite but credit were is due.
The sad situation is that Maguire and McTom have been 2 of the best players this season. Yet they're two we very obviously tried to ship off.
And without any doubt shown the most spirit.

AndySmith1990

He's one of our best players, but that's relative to our current level, which is around midtable to Europa conference. That's why he'd have been a great signing for West Ham.

manutddjw

Ive cursed his name many times but he has my respect. He has taken tons of abuse and he shows up and does his best. Unlike a few of our players who cry on twitter.

Juicy Juiced

The sad situation is that Maguire and McTom have been 2 of the best players this season. Yet they're two we very obviously tried to ship off.
And without any doubt shown the most spirit.
I was on "sell train" because I believed in EtH. But looking back, without some McT goals and Harry good form we would be middle table team.
He's one of our best players, but that's relative to our current level, which is around midtable to Europa conference. That's why he'd have been a great signing for West Ham.
I already wrote that I know that we are bad, but we would be even worse without him. And I always will respect people who fight and come back even stronger from bad period. I was first one who wanted him out, but fair feck to him. INEOS should try negotiate new deal, but on lower wages, because IMHO he loves to be part of "big team". On some reasonable wages he could be usefull.