Harry Maguire - Manchester United Player

Angelinho

Excellent news. Big price, but he improves us, which is all that matters.

Flytan

Why is it making me download the fecking app to watch his interview? Happy about the signing though.

Morpheus 7

We'll be way stronger with Maguire and AWB, rivals can laugh but it's a fact. We will be harder to break down and keep way more clean sheets.

AshRK

Extremely happy. Great signing. We have our future captain.

Whiteside '85

An actual back four would you Adam and Eve it?

:D Welcome addition 'arry

Can get cautiously optimisticly excited about the new season now :D

el3mel

Great player. Our defensive issues with him and AWB are pretty much sealed. Glad we got him finally.

Godfather

Decent signing. Hope his lack of pace and immobility won't be exposed too often

Mr Smith

AWB - Lindelof - McQuire - Shaw

Best back 4 in the league?
It's good, but Liverpool's of TAA - Van Dijk - Gomez - Robertson is clearly on a different level.

Also, what's with everyone seemingly deliberately misspelling Maguire's name :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Liverpool's is better in every position imo but after theirs it's certainly up for debate. City have 2 very good players in theirs with Walker & Laporte but I'm not sure about their other CB's nor their LB (though the way they play they don't really need prime Maldini at LB). I certainly take ours over Spurs', Chelsea and Arsenal's that's for sure

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Our back 5 is looking pretty solid now. One of the best in the league on paper. Hopefully that translates into practical terms as the season unfolds.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Awesome, hopefully he will step up next level.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Liverpool's is better in every position imo but after theirs it's certainly up for debate. City have 2 very good players in theirs with Walker & Laporte but I'm not sure about their other CB's nor their LB (though the way they play they don't really need prime Maldini at LB). I certainly take ours over Spurs', Chelsea and Arsenal's that's for sure
Agreed.

Devil may care

We've massively overpaid and he's not a world beater, but I do think he's an improvement over what we have and seems solid in terms of fitness and mentality, not sure we have the right partner to compliment him but we'll see. Decent signing.

Tiber

Encouraging that Henry Winter and other reliable journalists see him not only as a long term starter, but as a future captain.

GreatDane

Stoked by this signing.
Love me a big unit as CB, think he will do really great.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
Really good signing. Some people may claim he's expensive but he's english, national team regular and stll fairly young. You get 6 or 7 years of him at his prime. United have now all the pieces to be very solid from the back.

R'hllor

Welcome.

Didnt want to see him in our colors so wont pretend otherwise now.

Litch

It should be up there amongst the best. It's amazing how Smalling and Jones now look better as cover.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I reckon he’ll start against Chelsea next to Lindelof.

He’s had a full pre-season, Bailly injured in pre-season, Jones didn’t play some games, Rojo had the last game.

RedDevilRoshi

Got a good feeling that he’s going to silence a lot of his critics and be a very good signing for us.

Just wish we could add a midfielder or two as well but that’s a discussion for another thread.

Welcome Slabhead!

Welbeckham

Thrilled. Big fan of Maguire and AWB.

Our back four is actually good now, but not the best in the league. It’s pretty much on par with Leicester’s last season.

Shaw < Chillwell
Maguire = Maguire
Lindelöf = Evans
AWB > Pereira

Renegade

Shades of the Rio signing back in 02 for me. Overpriced but a England international with room for growth for the better part of 6-10 seasons.

People suggesting us having the best back line, not until our FB’s become more involved in attacking play.