Harry Maguire (Out): Chelsea eyeing a shock swoop for Harry Maguire | Utd say not for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogba's Barber

Supports
Droylsden FC
Ronaldo is the last person who should be having a conversation with anyone about such matters.
Why does it matter who raises the alarm? If there's a growing feeling of no confidence in the leader then I'd expect a few of the more courageous players to raise it with the manager. Either nobody has said anything or the managers have chosen to ignore the concerns and do nothing.

davidmichael

Idxomer

https://www.skysports.com/ipad/liveArticle/12676126?postid=4335275#liveblog-body

https://www.skysports.com/ipad/liveArticle/12676126?postid=4334913#liveblog-body

https://www.skysports.com/ipad/liveArticle/12676126?postid=4334696#liveblog-body

I’ve seen the reports saying we’ve said he’s not for sale but dropping Maguire for the biggest game of the season is massive, if we sold him to Chelsea then paid what Leicester want for Fofana would people be happy ?
I would be happy if they paid anything more than 40m but I've yet to see a Chelsea journalist confirming they have a real interest in him.

RopersReturn

I know a few Chelsea supporters and after mentioning Maguire might be joining, they seemed surprised and not overly impressed.

TheGame

Why does it matter who raises the alarm? If there's a growing feeling of no confidence in the leader then I'd expect a few of the more courageous players to raise it with the manager. Either nobody has said anything or the managers have chosen to ignore the concerns and do nothing.
Or the manager still wants him to be captain and therefore hasn’t changed it.

TheGame

https://www.skysports.com/ipad/liveArticle/12676126?postid=4335275#liveblog-body

https://www.skysports.com/ipad/liveArticle/12676126?postid=4334913#liveblog-body

https://www.skysports.com/ipad/liveArticle/12676126?postid=4334696#liveblog-body

I’ve seen the reports saying we’ve said he’s not for sale but dropping Maguire for the biggest game of the season is massive, if we sold him to Chelsea then paid what Leicester want for Fofana would people be happy ?
Another defender for £90m, no thanks.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
I would be happy if they paid anything more than 40m but I've yet to see a Chelsea journalist confirming they have a real interest in him.
Like I wrote here over the weekend, I would guess the interest is 'real' as in Maguire's name likely exists in a list of a dozen other players who the club might target as an alternative to Fofana. He probably won't be the first name in any such list and I would guess him to not even be in the top 3 but he's in there somewhere. Only thing that's for sure is if Wesley Fofana signs for Chelsea, there's zero chance the club will go for Maguire.

It's funny how transfer rumors work. The player just needs to be linked to a club in a vague news article and from there the rumor will start living it's own life. Only thing that's actually been said about it so far (and bear in mind even then it's only the Daily Mail) is that Chelsea asked about Maguire's potential availability when your club expressed an interest in Pulisic. With limited time left in the window Chelsea probably want to keep tabs on all players in the 'shortlist' and if they already happen to talk to the other club regarding some other player they might as well ask what's going on with Maguire as well and get a general idea on how easy or difficult such move would be to pull off if it comes down to it. By itself it doesn't really mean anything unless the clubs actually start negotiating for it and as of right now that seems very unlikely to happen, especially as your club said he's not for sale which probably made him drop down a few places on the list of targets.

As things stand I'd say this transfer is about 100/1 to happen, but you can still keep dreaming. :angel:

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Mobility and agility? Maguire will never play for us again if that’s what he wants :lol:

Member 101269

With ETHs comment on the back four HM must be considering Chelsea

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Assuming Chelsea match Utd's wages and he doesn't mind living in London, I really don't see why I wouldn't leave if I was Maguire. I move to a better team and move away from a fan base who hates me.

Devil81

45 minutes without him is clear enough for me, we've moved the ball so well without him.

Get rid.

binary bot
Even with his form back, he’s just not compatible with this type of football. Varane had people run in behind him this half but he’s able to recover.

r0663664

Worships Man City
60 million, we get reinvent in a CB and RB. Good deal, Chelsea has many many young players maybe we can get 1 or 2 at the same time.

slored1

Get him out. No need to get any money even, just ship him there.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Maguire, thinking of his own career, really should be looking to leave.

No more of the grief and headaches he has been mired in at United; a system that suits his game, and on top of that, no pressure of being captain, and, CL football this season, to boot.

Unless he prefers the north, it’s a no-brainer if indeed the option is there for him.

Oddboy

Think this game could be the nail in his Utd coffin if Martinez and Varane can get a consistent run going.

theatreofdreams777

Please for the love of god, keep Bailly instead of him and send him to Chelsea if their interest is genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.