Harry Maguire (Out): Chelsea eyeing a shock swoop for Harry Maguire | Utd say not for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominos

I've always said this the two wider centre halfs cater to his deficiency and immobility. This is why his performances for England are a massive improvement compared to domestically.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he play in the left of a back 3 for England most of the time? Stones usually gets the central spot.

Southgate plays a very conservative game, defence is well protected.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Has he ever even played on the right side of a back 3?

spiriticon

Come on Murtough. 2 pages of muppetry and still no movement! We need to learn from Madrid and know when to let great players go at the right time, no matter how difficult it is.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I don’t see it happening, but I genuinely think he’d do well in their back 3 if he went there

OleGunnar20

Sweet, let's do it.

Not a terrible player but hasn't worked out. There are quite a few younger centre backs around at the moment who'd be upgrades, and I'm sure wouldn't cost the earth.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Hasn't he looked mentally shattered everywhere but the NT? It's not like he was playing all that great before he came to United
No not like how he is now. The pressure, demands and spotlight have broken him. He’s lost a lot of what had big clubs looking for him these past two seasons.

Red00012

On the day Fofana is left out of the Leicester squad , a BS story about Maguire appears a few hours later.
Fofana and Chelsea going in strong at Leicester :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm sure it's nonsense but if it happened we'd then need to sign another CB, unless you want Lindelof stepping in very regularly. And that need to sign another CB is a large part of why I'm sure it's nonsense.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If you get rid of him and de Gea, you can automatically move the defensive line a good few yards further up and make the team far more compact.

Chief123

Please for the love of cheese, take him chelsea!

£10m will do. We don’t need anything else.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not keen on Pulisic in the slightest, but please take Maguire. We'll have Gallagher, thanks.

Chief123

Has he ever even played on the right side of a back 3?
He’s started this season on the right of 2 centre backs after spending his career at Utd on the left so far.

He’ll be just fine, he’s a world class generational talent. It’ll be sad to see him go, but please take him.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't believe this is happening at all. However, I can see him doing well at another club, Chelsea or wherever because there won't be the pressure there that is ever present at United. He doesn't thrive under pressure and for his sake and ours, it's best he goes. However, I can't see him leaving before Sept 1st

Norris Cole

Wouldn't surprise me if he went there and looked top-class in a functioning back 3.

That being said I don't think he'll be going anywhere.

Orange Tree

I don‘t want Pulisic on a permanent deal, he is a crook. A loan deal would mitigate the risk.

Maguire for cash please.

galwayfa

dont think its true but if it did happen, it would be up there with them buying Veron of us

Josh 76

On the day Fofana is left out of the Leicester squad , a BS story about Maguire appears a few hours later.
Fofana and Chelsea going in strong at Leicester :lol:
Maybe Utd have hijacked the Fofana deal!

Grande

Tabloid bait luring out the children in our fan base. Thinking we would sell the CB with the most minutes in pre season, whom Ten Hag has kept on as captain and who stayed on the pitch while Martinez was pulled of at half time v Brentford.

Evidence so far shows he’s Ten Hag’s first or second choice among seven options, like he was for Rangnik and Solskjær, like he is for Southgate and would have been for Mourinho. I’m not claiming he’s been marvelous, but everyone with a memory knows he was our best defender in 20/21. wanking over his mistakes like meme jerks is just childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.