Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Great so we should believe everyone on twitter if they're in the region that player plays? He might be right, just seems strange to put stock into his tweet.

Your first paragraph is very wrong but I won't derail the thread.
It's not a guarantee, but half the forum got moist at some teens claiming to be ITK who aren't even in the UK. How would they have a link?!
At least someone local might have a pal close to the running of the club. Certainly happens at my local team.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sean's Twitter bio...

"Global Voice of The Fans & gymsmasher with 1.3% body fat makin the sluts go nuts!"

Screams reliability to me.
I don't see where the problem is, don't they go nuts?

Fridge chutney

It's not a guarantee, but half the forum got moist at some teens claiming to be ITK who aren't even in the UK. How would they have a link?!
At least someone local might have a pal close to the running of the club. Certainly happens at my local team.
Fair enough. RedCafe had its heart broken from the De Ligt saga already so Maguire might ease that pain. Hopefully Sean from Leicester is correct.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fair enough. RedCafe had its heart broken from the De Ligt saga already so Maguire might ease that pain. Hopefully Sean from Leicester is correct.
If one of these punks calls it every day, hopefully eventually it'll be right!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't know about making sluts go nuts but he can certainly play transfer muppets like puppets.

Is 1.3% bodyfat possible? I need one of the Protein Powder weirdos to confirm. Sounds wrong.
I'd imagine most "sluts" wouldn't be impressed by 1.3% bodyfat, as that's sheer emaciation. Not attractive.

Sterling Archer

It’s insane, but that’s the market and they need a very good CB to go with Lindelöf. Happy with this!
I would say the market as a whole is insane, not so much the player valuations. Looking at all the big CB transfers we can compare
VVD was what 75 mil last season? In this transfer window it would have been closer to 100

19 year old de Ligt for 75 mil

Koulibaly asking price of 100 mil

If we think of Maguire as a bit below KK and VVD, 80 seems about right given the leverage Leicester has here

George The Best

It seems amazing there's such a thing as an "embargo", as when someone is really signing, it breaks all over the place at whatever time.

How can you postpone the news in this age?!
Happens all the time pal, in big business as well as football. If a journo spilled an embargoed story they would never get a press release or invite to conferences ever again. The press treat embargo’s with respect generally. Only one to break one, that I can think of off the top of my head, is Piers Morgan.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It’s a logical transfer and makes sense on a number of levels. Don’t care about the price really, the current market is OTT and it ain’t my money so..

Would be very happy with him in a back 5 with DDG, AWB, Lindelöf and Shaw.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't know about making sluts go nuts but he can certainly play transfer muppets like puppets.

Is 1.3% bodyfat possible? I need one of the Protein Powder weirdos to confirm. Sounds wrong.
1.3 is an embellishment.

Yagami

Good post resistant
There are going to be grumbles about the price, but when all is said and done, our defence is going to be fecking solid this season.
Hopefully, yeah.

I'm a big fan of both Maguire and AWB, and while I'm sure we'll see a definite improvement at the back, I still have 2 concerns. 1. de Gea's form. Hopefully last year was just a bad patch for him and isn't on the decline. & 2. The midfield in front of them. As good defensively as that back 5 looks, it'll still need some help, and I don't think we have a CM who's exceptional defensively.

Still, if we get Maguire, I'll be chuffed. I've wanted him here for years. I'm not really good/into judging CBs, but, alongside Van Dijk at Southampton, he's the only CB I've seen in recent years that I'm confident of being able to make the step up.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
For all those saying he's 2 years younger than Koulibaly (sp?), he isn't.

I don't think you will find anyone in World football who would say the price is reasonable in any way.

It's a shit load of money for a marginal improvement in our defence. Koulibaly really would have made the difference, although, he, too, is way over priced.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City

I don't think you will find anyone in World football who would say the price is reasonable in any way.

It's a shit load of money for a marginal improvement in our defence. Koulibaly really would have made the difference, although, he, too, is way over priced.
of course the price isn't reasonable its been set to make you lot go elsewhere

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

You know, it is possible that Maguire gets better when he joins us and steps up a level or two.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Its near enough 2 years that it doesn't matter.

And its not a marginal improvement, our defense is a joke, he would be the single proven competent central defender at the club if we sign him.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Once someone paid £50M for Stones, the defender market went mad. VVD is going to look like a bargain.
same with £50m for full backs in Walker, Mendy and then Wan Bissaka.

Personally I would have taken £60m plus a couple of your best younger players and been done with it weeks ago, but the Chairman has taken a hard line stance

Last edited:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We don’t throw this sort of crazy money on a player if he wasn’t good. He will complete our back four and make top four almost guaranteed for United.

He also doesn’t look like a player that will be phased by becoming the world most expensive defender. So, I can only expect positive things to come from this signing. Van Dijk set the bar high and Maguire should have almost a similar impact to our team.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I’m warming to the idea of slabhead.

Pricey? Of course. The market is ridiculous right now, but needs must.

Will he be useful? I think so. The step up to United might spur him on to perform even better. Not that Leicester are a bad team, but...you know...

NoMidfielders

Just waiting for the Simon Stone "I understand reports United have agreed a deal for Maguire are wide of the mark, both clubs remain some way apart in their valuation" tweet

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't bodybuilders usually go into contents around 4% and off season they'll maintain around 8-10%? 1.3% seems too extreme
1.3 is physically impossible. You’d be fecking dead.

jesperjaap

Really is simple, pay the money or move on to another target. Two top young European defenders have already moved this summer for less than £30m. As a Leicester fan said earlier on, it is ridiculous this haggling fairly late on in the window considering we actually need an overhaul that apparently isnt even happening.

FFS sell Pogba for £120-130m, sell Lukaku for £60-65m, get whatever we can for Rojo, Darmian and Bailly and do what it takes to get SAnchez off of the books....we are talking £250M odd and a shed loads of wages saved then go out and sign a centre back if not two, an anchor man, central midfielder and right winger that we so obviously could do with, hell even the expensive options Koulibailly, Maguire, Rice, Fernandes, Pepe...not that I want these especially as my first choices, think there are better cheaper ones in most positions but thats £400m, a net spend of £150m.....why are we still dithering about

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

No it's not. At 1.3% bodyfat you are near death.

The lowest reliable body% recorded in a professional bodybuilder is 3%. And he died from complications from his lifestyle.

WireMUFC

Based on what?

Or are you agreeing with me?

Smalling back to his best is every bit as good at pure defending.
What’s your point? That’s like saying James is every bit as good as Mbappe when it comes to pure pace.. pointless thing to say.

Maguire at his best is a far better defender than Smalling at his best anyway, there’s no comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.