Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I don't know about making sluts go nuts but he can certainly play transfer muppets like puppets.

Is 1.3% bodyfat possible? I need one of the Protein Powder weirdos to confirm. Sounds wrong.
I cannot think of a person I’d rather put my faith in

BlabyFox

Supports
Leicester
And apparently this is the guy who started today’s Maguire to United stories and if some are to be believed, this guy is a tier 1 source on Liecester news. I guess we will know soon enough.[/QUOTE]
If it's tiered source from 1 to 100 then I'd put him about 99 with 1 being reliable.

Alemar

What is the problem with 80m? If it goes through, we are more or less forced to sell Darmian and Rojo/Bailly/Jones - as some of them will simply never even make the bench. As such, if we sell two of those we recoup 20-25m of Maguire fee and get rid of their salary. Effectively, it will be a 55-60m transfer

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't bodybuilders usually go into contents around 4% and off season they'll maintain around 8-10%? 1.3% seems too extreme
IIRC it easily get higher than 10%, if you are around 5 when in shape, you are already doing well.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Ronaldo is around 5-6% and that's elite. Like others have stated if one is in the 1-2% body fat ratio they're practically dead/dying. Even that social media skinny dude, long neck think he's called, probably has like 10% body fat.

Andersons Dietician

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't bodybuilders usually go into contents around 4% and off season they'll maintain around 8-10%? 1.3% seems too extreme
Very few individuals will regularly stay at that level and will aim to peak for a show. Being that lean wouldn’t even be healthy and would cause multiple organ issues if you tried to maintain it. Anything below 3% is bad. If you’re between 3-10% you’re probably already going to be shredded.

kirk buttercup

Welcome Slabhead! hope you prove all the doubters wrong . Be warned Youll never get pass Slabhead and the Spider...

Wait a Darn minute is it Done Dealio or not?

Brophs

The One and Only
Dropped in to see what the latest on Harry Maguire is, only to find a load of lads from the internet discussing other men's bodies.

Standard.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Yeah I would agree with that, I think there is still definitely room for him to grow though. He'll be playing at a higher level under higher expectations here.
So basically, you are saying he's not that good and has to get better, to justify his price?

I can't get on board with this. I reckon if this whole thing was, from the start, about paying £50M for him, plenty, including me, would be saying he was overpriced.

AWB is a little over the top, price wise, but he was a major part of keeping Palace up, and he is several years from his peak.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
So basically, you are saying he's not that good and has to get better, to justify his price?

I can't get on board with this. I reckon if this whole thing was, from the start, about paying £50M for him, plenty, including me, would be saying he was overpriced.

AWB is a little over the top, price wise, but he was a major part of keeping Palace up, and he is several years from his peak.
No what I'm saying is that he's consistently improved his level when making a move. He became a better player after making him move to Hull from Sheff Utd and then once again stepped up after he got his move to Leicester and became a mainstay in the England side. The point is he still has room to grow and too many people are looking at him as a finished article, when in reality he still has growth potential.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Seems a bit of a strange signing to me timing wise.

AWB made a lot of sense because he's unbelievably good defensively and would instantly improve your backline whereas Maguire i'm not to sure about. He's the type of defender you add to an already solid defense (for example he'd have fitted Liverpool or especially Conte's Chelsea like a glove) but not as one of the first rebuilding blocks.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
No what I'm saying is that he's consistently improved his level when making a move. He became a better player after making him move to Hull from Sheff Utd and then once again stepped up after he got his move to Leicester and became a mainstay in the England side. The point is he still has room to grow and too many people are looking at him as a finished article, when in reality he still has growth potential.
We'll see, but it's still a shitload of money. I'd be more comfortable with the 60+20 rumours which were going around though.

Although, these deals with add ons, what's the incentive for the player? He's already getting a shitload of money.

Andersons Dietician

AWB made a lot of sense because he's unbelievably good defensively and would instantly improve your backline whereas Maguire i'm not to sure about. He's the type of defender you add to an already solid defense (for example he'd have fitted Liverpool or especially Conte's Chelsea like a glove) but not as one of the first rebuilding blocks.
To be fair with Bissaka, Lindelof and Shaw we really only need 1 really good CB to make that pretty impressive. I’m not convinced Maguire is that man but if it is and we have Axel, Smalling and we’ll say Jones as back up that’s pretty decent options even if Jones is a calamity case he seems worth while just keeping around for the laughter he provides us fans.

Nick7

I think a lot of our defensive problems came from right back and midfield. If we persist with a high press that would alleviate some pressure on the defensive midfielder. Add in AWB and it would make sense to me.

Infestissumam

Didn't someone say there would be a CB exodus if we signed Maguire?

Rojo, Bailly and Jones to go then?
good luck selling one or even two of them.

in an ideal world, you sell two and keep Maguire, Lindelöf, Smalling, Tuanzebe and one of those other 3 (probably Jones). Looks good to me.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Goalie,LB,RB are all firmly in place.

So most of the defense is in place now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Dropped in to see what the latest on Harry Maguire is, only to find a load of lads from the internet discussing other men's bodies.

Standard.
Hey! We are trying to determine how big a liar the source is.:nono:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't know about making sluts go nuts but he can certainly play transfer muppets like puppets.

Is 1.3% bodyfat possible? I need one of the Protein Powder weirdos to confirm. Sounds wrong.
I think 3% is about the lowest you can get. Anything lower and your organs are in serious issue because you need some fat around your body.

Rooney1987

good luck selling one or even two of them.

in an ideal world, you sell two and keep Maguire, Lindelöf, Smalling, Tuanzebe and one of those other 3 (probably Jones). Looks good to me.
I think Smalling will be one going because he has most value. He also hasn't been used as much as the others in pre season. Jones seems to be Ole’s back up CB. One of Rojo or Bailly won’t be sold but they be loaned out to get value to then be sold.

fps

Great, get it done and get that top-drawer midfielder in.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
How limiting is Maguire's slow movement if our defence plays deep and force teams to take long shots at De Gea? We'd probably end up with pockets of space between the midfield and defense if we had to rely on Matic slowly wandering about in that area.

nainaisson

That video has me convinced. Himself and AWB will bring us to unknown heights - has any side ever gone a whole season without conceding?
With our new, improved high press, no team will ever make it past the halfway line. They'll have to rely on long-range shots like the one Harry Kane scored against Juventus today.

Status
Not open for further replies.