Has political correctness actually gone mad?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
It seems like literally one person contacted Always, who then said they had listened to the feedback. The only people appearing offended are the women on the other "side".

These are feminists getting annoyed at the change, so I highly doubt they're the kind of people who talk about other people getting offended easily.
Well that first one sure likes using the word snowflake

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Leading feminist campaigner Julie Bindel told The Mail on Sunday: ‘Removing the female symbol from sanitary towel packaging is basically denying the existence of women.
So it's only the Venus symbol on the product of a sanitary towel that suggests women exist? Because funnily enough I'd have thought the pad itself should suffice in suggesting that. I can't say I've ever noticed a Mars symbol on a packet of condoms, does this mean Durex are denying the existence of men?

Sweet Square

But many of Always’s female customers have responded angrily to the move and are vowing to switch to other sanitary products.

Leading feminist campaigner Julie Bindel told The Mail on Sunday: ‘Removing the female symbol from sanitary towel packaging is basically denying the existence of women.

‘We’re now moving towards the total elimination of women’s biology. The women’s symbol has been used by feminists for decades. This is pure cowardice and virtue signalling from these big corporate brands who are capitulating to the trans agenda.’

Women on social media sites also aired their fury at the decision by P&G.

Maya Forstater, a women’s rights advocate who lost her job as a think tank tax expert for saying transgender women are not women, tweeted: ‘The venus sign in biology is used to represent the female sex (you know, the ONLY people who will ever need these products). It does not represent gender identity.’

Another objector, Lizzi Watson, said: ‘Biological women should just boycott the brand, then they might realise real women have feelings too, which they have somehow ignored.’

A third woman tweeted: ‘Guess I will also be boycotting @always for throwing females, the ONLY sex that menstruates regardless of clothes or other superficial gender expressions, under the bus.’

:lol:

These are the kind of people that call others snowflakes.
I think I'm right in saying Julie Bindel has been one of Britain most important feminists of recent times but nowadays she spends most of her time slagging off trans women and sex workers.

The things bigotry does to people minds. Its pretty sad.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Imagine having so few issues in life that writing to Always to complain about their logo becomes a top priority.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Imagine having so few issues in life that writing to Always to complain about their logo becomes a top priority.
It's like that lawsuit against the makers of The NeverEnding Story.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Some instagram whatsit has been accused of, something?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...ral-appropriation-cleopatra-halloween-outfit/

The comments these people make are actually hilarious. "Take that off, now." :lol:
Read the article, browsed the Instagram comments, and all I can make out is you falling victim to a Sun article.

95% of outrage culture is really people being outraged about outrage culture. Sure, the other 5% can be talked about, but my god are these tabloid-fabricated pseudo scandals tedious.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Something a girl say on Jeremy kyle show before her ex comes out on stage, admitting 'yupp definitely a racist'.

Read the article, browsed the Instagram comments, and all I can make out is you falling victim to a Sun article.

95% of outrage culture is really people being outraged about outrage culture. Sure, the other 5% can be talked about, but my god are these tabloid-fabricated pseudo scandals tedious.
:lol: What is wrong with people. In the middle of the scandal report, there is pictures and news about a new boyfriend. I never click on this sort of stuff, but it is spectacular to actually see how they manage to write a report with the intention of intertwining cultural appropriation scandal and the new relationship of random blonde girl in question. Media forms how people think, not the other way around. You get articles like these and pretty soon you have all these cluttered up opinions on important subjects spouted at you from every angle, forcing you into choosing some extreme measure of opinion to combat it. Sucking life out of their readers for money. Should be illegal. 'Cooking crack in the basement and selling to the high school kid' type of journalism right here.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I like the feature on my Google News feed that allows me to block certain news feeds, like the Daily Express, etc. because it’s always sensational headlines from them.
My life has enough drama without me clicking on those sites looking for more.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Yeah it’s a small minority of people, I didn’t say it wasn’t. But they’re still ridiculous opinions, and deserve ridicule.

Whether or not they’re newsworthy is another matter.

Vitro

My wife lectures at a University and just got called racist by one of the baristas for ordering a black earl grey (meaning without milk).

Perhaps the wrong terminology but racist...... :lol:

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Yeah it’s a small minority of people, I didn’t say it wasn’t. But they’re still ridiculous opinions, and deserve ridicule.

Whether or not they’re newsworthy is another matter.
Is it like a hobby, hunting out ridiculous opinions to ridicule? They will always exist.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Just so long as your lolling at it and not getting enraged and thinking it's PC gone mad I guess it's all gravy.
Either way it wouldn’t make their opinions any less hilarious. However people want to point it out is fine by me.

RedTiger

Half mast
My wife lectures at a University and just got called racist by one of the baristas for ordering a black earl grey (meaning without milk).

I can't think of any other terminology that could have been used, I mean black tea has always been called black tea, you might be able to say milk less tea but that sounds weird.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

jfc :lol:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

1:08

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I’m struggling to think what the logical progression could be let alone let alone the finale.
Yeah, I got nothing either. I guess you roll all of the DM's folk demons of gays, immigrants, muslims, benefit cheats and the like into one person and replace Britannia with him or her.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
The Grantham Journal after the clicks.

Iron lung and Herman Goering:confused:

Snowflakes are sucking the life out of everything' says Grantham reader

Whatever has happened to the people of this country?
A few years ago you would never have believed it possible to get so many tulips into one small country.
There is a saying – sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me.

Well that one’s gone well out of the window as we seem now to be ruled by minority groups like the Hermann Goring division of the feminist movement, the PC brigade or even the ‘Remainers’.
Just as long as you can make enough noise and disruption, everyone else will be ignored or overruled.

It is, or soon will be, against the law to mention anyone’s colour, creed, sexual persuasion, religion and probably even hat size.
After the millions of lives lost in two World Wars by what was the youth of the time to keep this country free for all of us, and which would also include freedom of speech, it now seems that you cannot utterthe word male or female without someone throwing a hissy fit and having a nervous breakdown.

And do not even consider whistling after anyone of the opposite sex, or come to think of it the same sex, unless you are completely sure you have access to an iron lung, a tin bucket and at least one roll of toilet tissue, and, just to be on the safe side, a tin hat.

If in my young days you approached a young lady with a proposition, depending on the proposition and depending on the young lady, it usually ended in one of three ways – acceptance of the proposition, a rejection of the proposition or a knee in the nuts, and that was it sorted and forgotten, but not now.

This country is full of snowflakes sucking the life out of absolutely everything.

Everyone seems insulted to hear their own name.

D. Drury

https://www.granthamjournal.co.uk/n...MVB2mC_wCHVSNrBjZPnM8BbXYsWF9RkWm4QBTe7vPt5pc

MrPooni

The Grantham Journal after the clicks.

Iron lung and Herman Goering:confused:

Snowflakes are sucking the life out of everything' says Grantham reader

Whatever has happened to the people of this country?
A few years ago you would never have believed it possible to get so many tulips into one small country.
There is a saying – sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me.

Well that one’s gone well out of the window as we seem now to be ruled by minority groups like the Hermann Goring division of the feminist movement, the PC brigade or even the ‘Remainers’.
Just as long as you can make enough noise and disruption, everyone else will be ignored or overruled.

It is, or soon will be, against the law to mention anyone’s colour, creed, sexual persuasion, religion and probably even hat size.
After the millions of lives lost in two World Wars by what was the youth of the time to keep this country free for all of us, and which would also include freedom of speech, it now seems that you cannot utterthe word male or female without someone throwing a hissy fit and having a nervous breakdown.

And do not even consider whistling after anyone of the opposite sex, or come to think of it the same sex, unless you are completely sure you have access to an iron lung, a tin bucket and at least one roll of toilet tissue, and, just to be on the safe side, a tin hat.

If in my young days you approached a young lady with a proposition, depending on the proposition and depending on the young lady, it usually ended in one of three ways – acceptance of the proposition, a rejection of the proposition or a knee in the nuts, and that was it sorted and forgotten, but not now.

This country is full of snowflakes sucking the life out of absolutely everything.

Everyone seems insulted to hear their own name.

D. Drury

https://www.granthamjournal.co.uk/n...MVB2mC_wCHVSNrBjZPnM8BbXYsWF9RkWm4QBTe7vPt5pc
ok boomer

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Hermann Goring division of the feminist movement is a delightful phrase.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
President Xi, sir, you have the nukes just point them at us and get it over with.

I want to single out Saira Rao as both a Wall Street exec and one o the biggest grifters ever. Just awful in every way.