Has political correctness actually gone mad?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
As someone who works along side a couple of diehard Liverpool fans, this sounds like a fantastic idea.
Shame that. In my team we have:

Man United: 1
Man City: 4
Liverpool: 2
Everton: 1
Chelsea: 2
Spurs: 1
Blackburn: 2
Bolton:2
Rochdale: 1
Wimbledon: 1
Southend: 1
Preston: 1

Surprising for a workplace in Manchester to have so few United. Good thing is there's always someone to take the piss out of for getting a hammering.

Art Vandelay

Couple of women in our office took that BBC nonsense serious and tried to actually tell us we aren't allowed to talk about football. This then turned to them blaming one guy in particular and became an attack on him. I had to change the subject by talking about the upcoming transfer deadline.

They talk about Love Island all the time and we don't tell them to shut up.

Don't Kill Bill

It's a bs article, which is why it's odd people are getting incensed by it. The argument could probably more accurately be boiled down to 'talk about football all day and you'll bore your female colleagues rigid' shocker.
Its not a bs article, its a bs statement accurately described by the article.

If the statement was as you described no one would give a shit but it isn't. Its a call by a female business leader to prescribe the non business related talk of men in the work place. For spurious and sexist stereotypical reasons and I don't see any need to down play the error of that statement and obfuscate in the way you are.

Does it matter in the long run? maybe not. but it's complete bullshit and pointing that out doesn't equate to being incensed by it. Its just making a fairly easy critique. She has gone on the record with the BBC and made a terrible mistake with god knows what agenda and advice. If she really believes this crap its worrying given her CV.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Depends on the team to a large degree- my old deputy would have told the team to shut up if she got bored of footie chat. I was flagging that the article is really trying to squeeze every last ounce out of what she said, which wasn't really controversial at all.
As is often the case with "Its PC gone mad" complaints. Most of this stuff is based in kindness and/or consideration for others and not an overt mind police manoeuver.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Couple of women in our office took that BBC nonsense serious and tried to actually tell us we aren't allowed to talk about football. This then turned to them blaming one guy in particular and became an attack on him. I had to change the subject by talking about the upcoming transfer deadline.

They talk about Love Island all the time and we don't tell them to shut up.
Doesn't sound like they took it that seriously from your account.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Wrong thread possibly but anyway.
NME awards; Slowthai apology

A weird one at 1st glance for me. It looks like she (Ryan) thought nothing of it but some viewers were disturbed by his actions & words. Looked like harmless flirting that some took offence to.
I imagine Katherine Ryan's sympathetic as she has also when drunk creepily hit on disinterested people in front of an audience.

It was pretty grim stuff from him. He seems to know that and seems pretty ashamed now he's sobered up.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not sure if this is the thread, but Dutch trainer Ron Jans, who is currently working for Cincinatty in the US of A is under fire for using the N-word. The incident that happened was that he came in to the dressing room after a win and the players were listening to some music and silly old Ron Jans decided to sing along in a sentence including the word. The captain pulled him aside and said dude, that's not cool, Ron Jans apologized to some of the players and said he didn't mean it like that and 2 weeks later he gets a call from the board that someone filed a racism complaint.

Now, first of all, he shouldn't say the word full stop. But, if he really apologized sincerely right after. Surely that should be the end of it? It's just ignorance on his part, it's completely like Ron Jans to want to be one of the guys and do something dumb like that. But also completely like Ron Jans to apologize right after.

thoughts? (and prayers?)

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Not sure if this is the thread, but Dutch trainer Ron Jans, who is currently working for Cincinatty in the US of A is under fire for using the N-word. The incident that happened was that he came in to the dressing room after a win and the players were listening to some music and silly old Ron Jans decided to sing along in a sentence including the word. The captain pulled him aside and said dude, that's not cool, Ron Jans apologized to some of the players and said he didn't mean it like that and 2 weeks later he gets a call from the board that someone filed a racism complaint.

Now, first of all, he shouldn't say the word full stop. But, if he really apologized sincerely right after. Surely that should be the end of it? It's just ignorance on his part, it's completely like Ron Jans to want to be one of the guys and do something dumb like that. But also completely like Ron Jans to apologize right after.

thoughts? (and prayers?)
No idea who Ron Jan's is, but I guess that's potentially one of the minefields people can unthinking blunder into. Sympathy limited by the fact using the n word as a white guy is such a known bad judgement.
Kinda reminds me of this.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/newsbeat-44209141

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Are you really not allowed to sing along to rap now?

Love me a bit of Cube but self-bleeping is going to be tough.

Sweet Square

This isn't racism because it's reverse, right? It's fine! :houllier:
My brain is going to regret this but what did the student say that was so wrong ? It's a multi cultural centre in a university that within 4 days had a ton of white people (Who I'm guessing were most likely all american nationals)taken up all the space. No white person was banned from entering or removed by forced but asked to maybe be more thoughtful to the people of colour in the room and in the university.

The more worrying thing for me although maybe I'm just a ''crazy lefty'' was in the longer video it looks like this student is being secretly recorded.

Still the most offensive part of the video was the office reference which made no sense! The joke isn't Michael being stupid for kicking someone out of a welcoming envioment but us(the audience) collectively laughing at toby because he fecking sucks.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

thoughts? (and prayers?)
It’s about context surely? He’s not using the word to racially abuse anyone, it’s a song lyric.

Sweet Square

Apparently Kaitlin Bennett is a conservative ''PC gone mad'' talking head(Who again apparently shat herself at some point) and well

:lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Christ, is there no end to these Twitter morons in the states? That nazi barby shtick is really popular isn't it?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
It did tank his career. There is a stark difference in the amount of income you get by simply going theatre shows and the one from having multiple TV Shows, movies and Netflix specials. Given his behavior the quantum of suffering he went through seems apt to me. This notion of folks completely losing their careers due to sexual misconduct (that does not rise to the level of assault) is too much.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I'm sure multi-millionaire comedian Louis CK is doing just fine.
On the other hand, Johnny Depp lost his role in Pirates of the Caribbean because Amber Heard made false allegations about him, and he was the actual victim of domestic abuse.

It depends on the case.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
On March 8th, thousands of feminists in Spain took part in the Women’s March, just one day before Spain went into total lockdown. This is despite the fact that health authorities begged them not to. At the time, Spain had 674 active cases and the 17 deaths from COVID-19.

Feminists are seen holding up signs like the one above, which says: “Masculinity kills more than coronavirus”

Since then, the death toll in Spain has gone up from 17 to 12,000 people. The number of cases is now at 126,000 in total.

Social justice in action...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wow all women are stupid and evil

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
On March 8th, thousands of feminists in Spain took part in the Women’s March, just one day before Spain went into total lockdown. This is despite the fact that health authorities begged them not to. At the time, Spain had 674 active cases and the 17 deaths from COVID-19.

Feminists are seen holding up signs like the one above, which says: “Masculinity kills more than coronavirus”

Since then, the death toll in Spain has gone up from 17 to 12,000 people. The number of cases is now at 126,000 in total.

Social justice in action...
And Betis played Real Madrid the following day in front of a 50,000 crowd.

More news from hindsight-genius.com later

Cloud7

How dare those women leave the kitchen? Only manly gatherings like football should have been allowed. Damn SJW's causing the destruction of society yet again.

In case you're not immediately aware, this is probably the stupidest post I've seen on here for the year. This is actually worse than the serious posts in the Coronaspiracy thread.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
How dare those women leave the kitchen? Only manly gatherings like football should have been allowed. Damn SJW's causing the destruction of society yet again.

In case you're not immediately aware, this is probably the stupidest post I've seen on here for the year. This is actually worse than the serious posts in the Coronaspiracy thread.
That’s not the point. The point is that public health should always take priority over activism, or sports.

Silva

i called the spanish health minister and she told me it's 100% their fault, they would have locked down earlier if it wasn't for social activists who they always listen to