Hating Lingard

Can't really hate him as it's not his fault he gets picked albeit being complete and utter crap.

Can't really hate him as it's not his fault he gets picked albeit being complete and utter crap.
If he gets picked he should contribute something. All he does is hide behind defenders. And no matter how much of a squad player you are for Manchester United, not having a single goal or assist in the league is unacceptable and purely down to him.

When the manager puts you in he expects you do a job, even if it is just the basics for an attacking player. This guy does absolutely nothing for even the basics - can't control a football, can't pass. Of course it is his fault.

I hate to be blunt. But having to take care of 2 siblings and a sick mum isnt anything to be anything about.

Most people are taking care of someone on minimum wages. That's not an excuse. If you need the money then it's even should be a stronger motivation to perform at work.

This guy has the cheek to say 0.02 percent, time to own up

If he gets picked he should contribute something. All he does is hide behind defenders. And no matter how much of a squad player you are for Manchester United, not having a single goal or assist in the league is unacceptable and purely down to him.

When the manager puts you in he expects you do a job, even if it is just the basics for an attacking player. This guy does absolutely nothing for even the basics - can't control a football, can't pass. Of course it is his fault.

Well of course it is his fault that he is crap. It's not his fault he gets played though. He has been shit for most of his carreer for us but especially under Ole. So why does he constantly play him?

I hate to be blunt. But having to take care of 2 siblings and a sick mum isnt anything to be anything about.

Most people are taking care of someone on minimum wages. That's not an excuse. If you need the money then it's even should be a stronger motivation to perform at work.

This guy has the cheek to say 0.02 percent, time to own up
To be fair, I think everyone sympathises with him on that front and understands the personal issues he has been dealing with.

However, it is no excuse not to do the simple basics of your job though - things like controlling a football, making a simple pass etc.

That's a question I'm struggling with as well. Especially when Pereira and Mata are better (albeit not good) options.

I mean the only logical answer would be that he either is amazing in training which I doubt or that Pereira was still tired. Shows just how shit our options are.

How come Ed Woodward doesn't get this type of hate? Has clearly shown he's out of his depth but fans will pick on the players.

Jesse's standards have dropped but it's the managers that keep selecting him. The club are renewing the contracts of players like Jones. Having one of the most obscene pay structures in world football, with nothing to show for it. Pick on the real issues at the club, instead of trying to hound out players.

To be fair, I think everyone sympathises with him on that front and understands the personal issues he has been dealing with.

However, it is no excuse not to do the simple basics of your job though - things like controlling a football, making a simple pass etc.

The only thing i sympathize about is his sick mum. Taking care of 2 younger siblings as the eldest and financially stable older brother isnt anything to be fuzzed about. Seems like he's using it as an excuse to buy time.

Many south american footballers took care of their whole hometown and you dont hear them using that as an excuse.

Lingard is a shite player and easily the worst no.10 in the league, and should be nowhere near the starting line-up, but Ole deserves the blame too for insisting playing him in a lot of games.

There’s no winning culture in the club anymore, the fact that Ole keeps calling Lingard as one of the players that “gets what ManUtd its all about” is just disheartening, he lacks quality in almost every aspect of the game.

But Ole keeps picking him, I now we don’t have many players in the position but I would rather give some youngster that minutes or maybe I dont know if it has crossed Ole’s mind but change the freaking formation to another that suits the players we have?

I think Ole wants to keep a happy squad no matter what, he knows the football is shit so the moment there’s the slight discomfort in the team he’ll be out. Thats why he keeps involving all the underperforming players, not calling out Pogba, having no autocritic in the conferences, he justs keeps giving excuses and normalizing the shit circuss to lower the pressure and keeps players happy.

So if you believe Lingard wont be getting anymore minutes youre deluded, he probably wont start against Watford but we’ll definately see him against City and Liverpool.

His performance yesterday was just sad, I don't know how well he must have performed in training to start the game, it was as if some random person was on the pitch in a Lingard shirt, he looked even worse than his normal recent level.

My name is V.O. and I hate Jesse Lingard.

Embodies everything that is wrong with the club at the moment.

Not just a painfully average player, his attitude is awful. We can excuse players with limited talent (Fletcher, O'Shea, Wes Brown etc.) but when you play with little desire and determination, then you deserve all the shit you get.

Embodies everything that is wrong with the club at the moment.

Not just a painfully average player, his attitude is awful. We can excuse players with limited talent (Fletcher, O'Shea, Wes Brown etc.) but when you play with little desire and determination, then you deserve all the shit you get.

Wes Brown wasn’t limited talent wise, he was a superb player just blighted with injuries.

No need to hate him. Hes a young player inconsistent performances are to be expected. If you want to blame someone blame pogba. He should be a better example to the youngsters like rashford and lingaard...

I can't see anyone picking him up at Prem level even on a free unless he gets a whole lot better. Maybe Burnley could use him out wide from time to time? Or Bournemouth maybe? I think he's done at the top level, no confidence any more and not near enough ability to get by on that alone.

He's no world beater but he'd a really useful player in a functional team. We haven't had that in many years now. Sir Alex made use of a lot less talented individuals than Lingard. No point in hating him, we should hate all the poor decisions that led to the overall poor performances of the squad. If you gave me to compile a list of players to get rid Pogba would always be well ahead of Lingard in it. And few others, but I am not wanting to pass a judgment too soon, that's manager's job.

He's no world beater but he'd a really useful player in a functional team. We haven't had that in many years now. Sir Alex made use of a lot less talented individuals than Lingard. No point in hating him, we should hate all the poor decisions that led to the overall poor performances of the squad. If you gave me to compile a list of players to get rid Pogba would always be well ahead of Lingard in it. And few others, but I am not wanting to pass a judgment too soon, that's manager's job.
He's f*cking shit

He's always been shit, he's just in the past managed to mask how utterly shit he is with the odd nice goals here and there, including at Wembley in big games. Now he can't even score those anymore.

I honestly think he is up there with the worst players to have ever made 100+ appearances in the PL. I think if he wasn't an academy graduate he'd probably be languishing in the Championship for a team fighting promotion, at best. It's absolutely astonishing that we've let this go on for so long with him.

He's f*cking shit

He's always been shit, he's just in the past managed to mask how utterly shit he is with the odd nice goals here and there, including at Wembley in big games. Now he can't even score those anymore.

I honestly think he is up there with the worst players to have ever made 100+ appearances in the PL. I think if he wasn't an academy graduate he'd probably be languishing in the Championship for a team fighting promotion, at best. It's absolutely astonishing that we've let this go on for so long with him.

It's that stupid mentality that we stick with academy products for too long. Absolutely loved it when LvG fecked off Welbeck. Never expected Ole to be that ruthless but for him to still start Lingard is just mental.

I won't use the word "hate", since I believe it should be reserved for absolutely vile and abominable things like the Nazi's or pickled herring.

But it's clear that someone like Lingard continuously getting playing time at a top club like ours is a state of affairs that cannot stand. It's a symptom and constant reminder of how bad we've been at purchasing talented players since Fergie retired

Think about it this way who in the PL would even take him?

Not a chance anyone in the top 11.

Southampton maybe?
Newcastle have Almiron, Brighton have better options in gross and toussard. Burnley maybe if he could play lm or rm. west ham and Bournemouth both have much better options despite being so low in the table.

So maybe Southampton, Villa Norwich, burnley. That really says IT all.

Lingard is a cautionary tale, like many young united players of late.

This points to a less than ideal atmosphere within the club, wrong priorities in senior players etc

Years of developing clothes labels and a social media image have caught up with Lingard. He should have focused on his main earner...football.

The great players are great not only because of their ability with a ball but also because of their ability to focus on their craft without being distracted by the many temptations that is thrown at them.

The fault lies squarely with Ole for consistently picking Lingard. He's our no.10, yet hasn't scored or made an assist in the PL in over 12 months! Even Bebe, who I have rated to be the worst United player I ever saw, scored in his few matches played.

Ole must simply buy a new no.10, or play Pereira or Mata in that role, or switch from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3. But, absolutely no more Lingard, the epitomy of everything that is wrong with United on the pitch.

I've defended Lingard a lot, he was getting way too much abuse when he was contributing to us, but right now, I think the stick is justified. Yesterday he was so bad it was honestly depressing, I felt pity for him, he didn't look like a PL footballer out there, he looked shockingly out of his depth.

I can't hate a player that plays for United, regardless of whether people he's good enough or not. As fans, it's our job to get behind him, because i'm pretty sure Lingard doesn't intentionally go out to perform how he's been performing this season.

Maybe he's just not good enough! That's up to the manager, who ultimately decides whether he plays or not.

I just find it crazy how far he's fallen from grace. One of our (England) better players during the world cup. Looked good when Ole came in, but for whatever reason, he's looks a shadow of the player. Some would argue it was just a purple patch. I really don't know. Either way, whilst he's at United, he will continue to get my full support.

He's f*cking shit

He's no worse than Milner, in fact, he's a lot better than Milner in many ways, including the obvious fact of being younger, faster etc. yet Liverpool fans are heaping praise at Milner while we discuss hate on Lingard. If we were to switch those two Milner would be "sh*t" as you put it, and Lingard would find way to be useful in a functioning team. If you want him to be the next Ronaldo then he'll never cut it but if we improved our team overall, mainly midfield play, he'd become useful again. He has the energy and the drive you look for in a player. Let's not dismiss one of our own so quickly.

I can't see anyone picking him up at Prem level even on a free unless he gets a whole lot better. Maybe Burnley could use him out wide from time to time? Or Bournemouth maybe? I think he's done at the top level, no confidence any more and not near enough ability to get by on that alone.

I was thinking about this, and the only ones I could see him starting at is maybe Bournemouth and Norwich. Possibly Burnley. 2 of those are in the bottom 3 and the other is just outside the relegation zone (Burnley play 2 up top right, so he would be useless in that team).

If his last six months--year was a trial, he would be cut. The whole point is hes meant to at least contribute in the 'bigger games' when we dont have the ball as he can run and press. But yesterday, there were times he was just jogging to press. And when he did get the ball, it was killing any chance we had. United looked a much better team once he went off, and thats not the first time its happened.