Hating Lukaku

Red_Aaron

Don't hate him at all seems like a really good bloke

No where near good enough to play for us though, not if we're serious about winning big cups anyway

He'll be gone in the summer

Josep Dowling

Agreed. Ill admit when we bought him I thought he would do a lot better than what he has done. A complete waste of £75 or £90 million if we have had to pay the extras, whatever they were
When you think what £75m-£90m can buy outside of football how on earth did we buy think it was sensible to get him. That would pay off nearly 20% of the clubs debt. Absolutely mental.

Web of Bissaka

Hate his performances. So rubbish this season, mostly.

What changed from last season?!!! -- he was so reliable and seriously tried hard which gain many supporters from among us.

So I suppose also hate the player now for downing his tools.

squamish

He is a qualified striker when he keeps fit. There are not many better strikers on the market less than $100mil. He didn’t get enough support and touches this season plus overweight. People expecting Jovic and Sancho should be aware german/Italian league is totally different. Looks at what Mkhi or Jorginho is experiencing of. They were super back but mediocre here. At least Lukaku is experienced and has proved he can score 25+ in one season.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He is a qualified striker when he keeps fit. There are not many better strikers on the market less than $100mil. He didn’t get enough support and touches this season plus overweight. People expecting Jovic and Sancho should be aware german/Italian league is totally different. Looks at what Mkhi or Jorginho is experiencing of. They were super back but mediocre here. At least Lukaku is experienced and has proved he can score 25+ in one season.

How do you support this? If i'm Lukaku's team mate im probably thinking ' I better not pass to him cause he might feck up'
He's been utter, utter shit for almost a year now if you ignore those 2 weeks where he scored 6 goals - actually it lasted less than 2 weeks:lol:
Get rid

haram

Not a good time to post Lukaku hate when we have just failed to score against Cardiff at home.

Sterling Archer

I don't hate him. I just think that being fat and overweight is not acceptable at Manchester United or any professional football team. Take care of that and then we can address his actual technical ability, which I do think gets better with less weight on his feet

Hawks2008

Don't think it's worked out. He's an alright striker in a team built to suit his strengths but it doesn't look like Ole is headed in that direction. If he leaves I hope we can recoup most of what we spent.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I actually think I don't like the bloke now. Not that he doesn't seem nice as a person. Just annoys me as a player too much and he takes the piss with the whole weight issue, the constant pointing, the talk but no walk, his terrible play. It's just too much. Sick of him.

Theres far more players to hate in the team than lukaku
I swear everyone says this about every player in player specific threads.

AJ10

A player who cannot control a ball was bought for 90 mil (genius decision). FFS a professional player not pub league. One thing he did offer was goals but this season he's missed so many easy chances. Hopefully we get rid and buy someone who can score 20+ goals and actually control the bloody ball but no point in selling him if Rashy is going to be our main striker, as he's shit as well.

markhrad

Martial-Lukaku-Pogba
Matic-Herrera- McTominay
Shaw-Lindelöf-Smalling-Young
De Gea
That team would have guaranteed us a top 4 place. Lukaku may be clumsy but he is 2 footed and a good striker of the ball plus he can head good enough to make use of Young's very good crosses. Pogba is better further up field and would score more goals if he was further up the pitch. Plus all 3 attackers are good at short passes.
Lingard and Mata just run up and down the place avoiding contact. Mata is sneaky while Lingard is cowardly.
Rashford is incredibly selfish so he cannot play as a no10 or winger and he is one-footed and allergic to headers so he cant play as a no9.
Lukaku had a reputation of only performing against the non-top teams, well that would have been good enough to get us into the top 4.
Unfortunately Ole bought into the Rashford potential hype. I believe that guys with potential should be on the bench until they realize their potential while proven top players should be starting.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

How do you support this? If i'm Lukaku's team mate im probably thinking ' I better not pass to him cause he might feck up'
He's been utter, utter shit for almost a year now if you ignore those 2 weeks where he scored 6 goals - actually it lasted less than 2 weeks:lol:
Get rid
:lol: The absolute state of that lowlight reel. I’m pretty sure they’re missing loads of examples where he can’t protect the ball from someone half his fecking size.

Horrible striker for the style we want to play. Go feck off and play in a Conte team, suited for your shithouse, battering ram technique.

JohnnyKills

Don't think it's worked out. He's an alright striker in a team built to suit his strengths but it doesn't look like Ole is headed in that direction. If he leaves I hope we can recoup most of what we spent.
Yep, my feeling too. Give us 60m and he's yours.

squamish

He's been utter, utter shit for almost a year now if you ignore those 2 weeks where he scored 6 goals - actually it lasted less than 2 weeks
Get rid
Please tell us which players are better than him and who would like to join United next season. Why not giving him another chance for next season? Rashford and Martial are just not good enough and haven’t reached at his level so far.

Renegade

Please tell us which players are better than him and who would like to join United next season. Why not giving him another chance for next season? Rashford and Martial are just not good enough and haven’t reached at his level so far.
Him not being able to control a football whilst costing us £75-90m may be the issue. We need to recoup as much money back before his value plummets even more. He hasn’t worked out unfortunately. We’ll end up keeping him for a few more seasons and let him go for free though.

Wilfred Brown

Just randomly pick the lead striker from any mid-table teams, they are surely better than Lukaku

Achilles McCool

When you think what £75m-£90m can buy outside of football how on earth did we buy think it was sensible to get him. That would pay off nearly 20% of the clubs debt. Absolutely mental.
Impulse, rushed buying is what this club has been doing since Fergie left.

It's like going to the grocer on an empty stomach! You're going to buy everything you see in the first couple of aisles! (and that's where the grocer puts all of the marked-up items!)
United needs to sit down and have a 5 course dinner on the players we've had, have now and want. Then, and only then, should we go out and buy who we need! :angel:

Jibbs

There was a time when players like Tevez, Berbatov were not considered united quality, how the standards have fallen that a player like Lukaku is our main striker.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
A player who outscored Rashford yet again, who has an unbelievable goal scoring record in the premiership, yet gets this amount of hate? Baffling.
He's the best striker we have at the club, he's not in Agueros class but he suits a system and if utilised correctly then is formidable.
Personally I think he has his best games playing inside forward off the right, has played there a couple for times for Everton and Ole tried it a couple of times.

padzilla

Hipster
When he plays for Belgium he looks great because De Bruyne and Hazard play intelligent balls through to him. Instead with us he has to chase down percentage punts from Ashley Young or feed off scraps from failed back heels or Rashford overrunning the ball.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I actually think I don't like the bloke now. Not that he doesn't seem nice as a person. Just annoys me as a player too much and he takes the piss with the whole weight issue, the constant pointing, the talk but no walk, his terrible play. It's just too much. Sick of him.
Same from me too. I used to like him when he played for Everton and also last season. This season has been a piss take. He became worse as a player and we should sell him and move on.

He is also one more player who is better at talking than playing the game.

Kostov

I'm not excusing him from blame, of course he hasn't been good enough but some of shit we have assembled around him is much worse. Players like Young, Jones, Lingard even Fred should all be ahead of him for a chop this summer. As it stands he's still our best striker and it would be stupid to seel without replacement. And I'm not even counting Valencia, Rojo and Darmian.

BlueHaze

Another shit player with no respect. Scored only 16 in the league after a "good season" Was god awful the next and still has the audacity to publically speak about wanting to play elsewhere..

Djemba-Djemba

Basically had one good week since Xmas.

Scored 6 goals in that good week, has been terrible other than that in 2019.

Really hope he's sold.

A player who outscored Rashford yet again, who has an unbelievable goal scoring record in the premiership, yet gets this amount of hate? Baffling.
He's the best striker we have at the club, he's not in Agueros class but he suits a system and if utilised correctly then is formidable.
Personally I think he has his best games playing inside forward off the right, has played there a couple for times for Everton and Ole tried it a couple of times.
Unbelievable goal record, you are right - 1 goal in two years against the top 6 - 21 appearances. That’s outrageously unbelievable.

It’s pathetic, and the guy can’t play for more than 25 mins without being visibly knackered. He’s meant to be a professional athlete, yet his conditioning is non-league level. He also cost £75-90m and can’t shut up about wanting to play in other leagues.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Goals per minute he shits over rashford this season (171 to 234 in the pl)
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/marcus-rashford/profil/spieler/258923

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/romelu-lukaku/profil/spieler/96341

It's fair enough to want to get rid of Lukaku stylistically or simply because people think rashford has higher potential

But as it stands we scored 30 less goals than city this year and if we loose Lukaku I am not sure who else is available and better that will help us close that gap signifigantly.

Personally I'd give him another year unless somebody wants to offer us 120m+ and I really can't see that happening

joeunited

So much for the fights for Lukaku and Morata. Both of them turn out very successful for their clubs - NOT.

The Nani

Goals per minute he shits over rashford this season (171 to 234 in the pl)
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/marcus-rashford/profil/spieler/258923

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/romelu-lukaku/profil/spieler/96341

It's fair enough to want to get rid of Lukaku stylistically or simply because people think rashford has higher potential

But as it stands we scored 30 less goals than city this year and if we loose Lukaku I am not sure who else is available and better that will help us close that gap signifigantly.

Personally I'd give him another year unless somebody wants to offer us 120m+ and I really can't see that happening
I’d rather rely on Martial, Rashford and Greenwood next season than see him in a United shirt ever again.

Suvvernmanc

If reports are to be believed with the Inter Milan interest and soon to be Conte as manager, I can see a deal for cash or maybe a deal including Icardi involved.

Lukaku is a good striker when he gets proper service. Weve seen it for Belgium with Hazard etc giving him great through ball to run onto but we bought him when Jose was in charge. He was bought as Jose's target man and now if we want to go In the right direction Lukaku shouldn't not be a part of it. He could actually be one of the players who goes with relative ease. In the right setup he'll flourish. Maybe serie A is perfect for him i dont know, but if he went so be it. It would be best for all parties.

It will obviously mean a new #9 to rival Rashford or to play beside him is bought in and if that's Icardi then I'd be happy. Dybala as the #10/second striker would mean a traditional #9 wouldn't be needed so that could be what we see.

redshaw

He did get chances under Ole, played against Barcelona at home and Everton away, we lost both and he did nothing and also failed in other games.

He played against Wolves in the league, we lost the game, he did nothing. He played against Arsenal and missed chances like always and we lost 2-0

I don't think the outcome would be any different at the end had he got more games. All the attacks broke down with either Rashford, Martial, Lingard and Lukaku and we conceded very sloppy goals.

After Feb the team looked very much like the one Jose had which was malfunctioning all over the place with Lukaku up front. Who ever played in attack looked garbage.

tomaldinho1

I honestly don't see how anyone defends him at this point. He simply isn't good enough.

There's no point hiding behind the argument that 'he's better than Rashford, or Martial' because that's arguing that a £75m player is less shit than another player. I wouldn't mind as much if he was Rashford's age but he's supposed to be entering his prime and he just looks worn out and has done for a while. There are a million posts on this but the guy is not in shape, he's positively out of shape for a professional athlete, and we end up living in hope with him because he had that great season at Everton. It's kind of how we've become as a club - way too sentimental and living in the past.

soapythecat

Given the chances he has missed, and there are an absolute load of them, he should have been sat on about 23/25 league goals this season. Whilst he has scored some good, crucial goals for us, his return for the money we paid is shocking.
No other top team would accept that level of return from a striker - sadly, other than status, our squad is anything but a top team.
If we can sell him, we need to. But he has to be replaced. The Rashford experiment needs putting to bed and the lad needs bringing back to down to earth and quick.