Have Manchester United ever been schooled like this before at Old Trafford?

daveskimufc

Has he gone yet?

we will have to deal with the speculation now for the international break, just for nothing to happen

The Bloody-Nine

Pool put 5 past us, then took pity when we went down to 10. That could and should have been double figures. As bad as I've seen in nearly 40 years.

El Jefe

In Europe, probably but in the PL this is one of the most memorable defeats where our opponents completely schooled us.

We've had heavier defeats but we looked hopeless today.

Enigma_87

You know who
Worst I’ve seen is against City ever. Including that 1-6 under Fergie, at least we put up a fight.

scoreline flatters is, should’ve been 0-5.

Didn’t touch the ball in the opposition box the entire 2nd half. For 15 mins or so (60-75) we let City dominate the ball like 90% of the time.

absolute shambles of a performance.

Enigma_87

You know who
Manchester City beat Manchester United 6-1 at Old Trafford in 2011. Pretty sure that was somewhat worse, but this is a thread to be angry so I'll await the "whatabout" replies.
It wasn’t if you watched both games.

HailtotheKing

I cant remember being schooled as bad as that at home. Reminded me of the final against barca at Wembley, which was acceptable as they were one of, if not the greatest club side ever.

Completely humiliated.
Yup, totally. Like a cat toying with a mouse. They could've pulled the trigger on us repeatedly but they kept passing it back. I hate that style of football. If they'd have properly gone for us, they could've beaten us 6 or 7. As it is they couldve been 5-0 up at half time. And then shouldve scored twice again in the second while barely bothering. Total submission and humiliation.

HailtotheKing

City could've won 10-0 with ease if they wanted to. Pep and their squad knew if they kept the scoreline respectable, Ole would probably keep his job.
Think it's more that they didnt want to risk being hit on the break as has happened time and again against Pep. So he said, keep the ball and dont go for it unless its 100% on. And thats what they did all second half. They only played that one ball down the left on goal. Otherwise just tiki takkad us to death.

Blood Mage

Which games were those. We weren’t even bad per se, we just couldn’t even get near City. I can’t remember feeling such helplessness. It’s like Barca 2011 again and even then they were unbelievable on their day and it wasn’t at Old Trafford.
Please stop making excuses for Ole, that time has passed. He has to go now.

el3mel

The 6-1 loss had the first half ending at 0-1 and it was like 3-1 till the 90 minute. Wish people stop mentioning it already. The result just got bigger due to conceding 3 goals in the last 3 minutes or something. Not to mention we played the majority of second half with ten minutes.

I'll take that 6-1 match ahead of today's embarrassment any day of the week.

InfiniteBoredom

Manchester City beat Manchester United 6-1 at Old Trafford in 2011. Pretty sure that was somewhat worse, but this is a thread to be angry so I'll await the "whatabout" replies.
We were 1-3 down with 10 men in large part of the games before the late flurry of goals.

Today, we were already beaten mentally before setting foot on the pitch.

dove

If you are not related to Ole and not being paid by the club, go see a psychologist or something. For your own sake.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
better get used. Coming up Norwich fans singing Ole's at the wheel at OT. Grim times and possibly the most depressed I have felt about the club since I started supporting it in late 90s.
You have basically supported a team that wins most of their games your entire life

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It reminded me of good times when after getting new fifa you join online competition and you play against people who use only pass, shoot and sliding tackle buttons, and you can beat any of them just by knowing how to play this game.
And we don't know how to play this game.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
We didn't have the ball for the first 25 minutes even though we were losing and playing at home. Ole was sat on the bench brows furrowed. Just sack him and get it over with.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
We were 1-3 down with 10 men in large part of the games before the late flurry of goals.

Today, we were already beaten mentally before setting foot on the pitch.
Well Redcafe surely was, the amount of miserable drivel hit a new record before the game. Its a shame it was justified.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
I never want to hear another player say they play for the manager any more. Its bloody obvious they dont.

R'hllor

:lol: Go and watch that match first, because doubt you had at the time, wouldnt be surprised if you just googled for our results at home.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Well Redcafe surely was, the amount of miserable drivel hit a new record before the game. Its a shame it was justified.
Can someone ban this obvious troll ? You post so much crap

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Can someone ban this obvious troll ? You post so much crap
What was trolling about that? The part about miserable drivel and negativity or the part where its a shame we lost the game? Both of those are true.

R'hllor

They didnt make a single sub and they still looked more fresh than us with subs used, dont remember seeing anything like that. We looked like Sunday league team out there trying to survive FA cup round.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
What was trolling about that? The part about miserable drivel and negativity or the part where its a shame we lost the game? Both of those are true.
I just quote one of your many posts. All i see is you trying to raise other peoples blood pressure. Everyting you post is absolute crap. No way you are standing by it. Its just pure trolling.

Sara125

Remember under Fergie when teams would shit themselves coming to OT before their captain even took a step towards the semi circle

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I just quote one of your many posts. All i see is you trying to raise other peoples blood pressure. Everyting you post is absolute crap. No way you are standing by it. Its just pure trolling.
Well said. He’s Norweigian. Clearly emotionally invested and best ignored.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Ok you keep living your life, welcome to the ignore list.