Have Manchester United ever been schooled like this before at Old Trafford?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Forget the Liverpool match where we were just shocking on an individual level.

This, today, has been total dismantling by Man City and they didn’t even really break a sweat — just so so much better than us in every aspect.

It’s scary to think how totally abject we have been today. Like Pexbo said in another thread “City should be charged for fecking a corpse”.

I can’t remember the last time we looked so utterly hopeless at Old Trafford, where a team collectively shat in the centre circle.

We are a fecking disgrace.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
City were in first gear the entire time

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Possibly the 3-0 vs City in the Moyer season? Not that I remember much of it

Giggsy’s left foot

Pitiful display. A badly coached team with a clueless manager, against an expertly coached team with a tactically brilliant manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It was like watching Man City play Burnley or something. There was no fear in their players of even being close to losing tonight

Raw

It was astonishing. City practically had a day off. Top teams are looking at us as easy 3 points and a nice rest before the actual tough games.

el3mel

Even in the darkest days of LVG and Mourinho, I don't remember a United team being so pathetic on the pitch.

Hell, the 3-1 loss to Liverpool that got Mourinho sacked, the team actually got a fight despite the shit tactics.

Now we're just that : a pathetic team that gets embarrassed without putting any fight against its two biggest rivals at Old Trafford.

Congrats Ole, you have built the most pathetic and embarrassing United team I have ever seen.

Paxi

Can name about 15 games under Ole at OT where we were schooled.
Which games were those. We weren’t even bad per se, we just couldn’t even get near City. I can’t remember feeling such helplessness. It’s like Barca 2011 again and even then they were unbelievable on their day and it wasn’t at Old Trafford.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
City could've won 10-0 with ease if they wanted to. Pep and their squad knew if they kept the scoreline respectable, Ole would probably keep his job.

Oranges038

Embarrassing.

Everyone involved today should be docked a months wages.

Red Star One

better get used. Coming up Norwich fans singing Ole's at the wheel at OT. Grim times and possibly the most depressed I have felt about the club since I started supporting it in late 90s.

MDFC Manager

City could've won 10-0 with ease if they wanted to. Pep and their squad knew if they kept the scoreline respectable, Ole would probably keep his job.
Yup, such a shame that teams are actually feeling sorry for us and easing off and we still can't score.

mav_9me

I don't think we were schooled. That implies there was a game. To me this was more like what Pexbo said.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
This was as embarrassing as the 5-0 defeat. City was comfortable and wasn't trying to score more. You could see the difference between their first half performance and the second half. It was utterly embarrassing.

Siorac

Can name about 15 games under Ole at OT where we were schooled.
Yeah, this thread doesn't make an awful lot of sense. Our home record under Ole against City is 1-1-4... and the defeats were similarly hopeless.

Delano

Moyes vs City and Liverpool. But this is just as bad.

OverratedOpinion

Yes, within the last fortnight. Why forget the Liverpool game where they schooled us to a far higher degree?

We were shocking on an individual level today as well, City just couldn't be bothered to batter us by more.

eire-red

This is not the first time City have done this to us down the years at OT. Liverpool could have beaten us by more if they wanted to. The list of teams who have schooled us at OT is a long one since SAF left.

These lest few weeks under Ole have been the worst for me, an absolute low as a United fan. It's been clear for a long, long time he's not the man. To see such clowns run this club and waste this talent is saddening to see.

Act now and we can still salvage the season. And anyone saying the players are fully to blame (they're not without blame of course), look to Chelsea last season and what a competent coach can do with a group of players.

Once it's clear you're going nowhere as a team, and I mean this in any line of work, it's very hard on an individual level to be motivated and driven. That's what I see right now.

Robbie Boy

This, today, has been total dismantling by Man City and they didn’t even really break a sweat — just so so much better than us in every aspect.

It’s scary to think how totally abject we have been today. Like Pexbo said in another thread “City should be charged for fecking a corpse”.

I can’t remember the last time we looked so utterly hopeless at Old Trafford, where a team collectively shat in the centre circle.

Only two nil mate. Not bad for plucky underdogs.

#Ole's@thewheel :drool:

lost7

Utter domination. Looked like men vs boys out there. Ole is ruining his legacy here if he continues to embarass us like this

Leg-End

City just had a 90 minute training session, at Old Trafford, in a Manchester Derby.

Paxi

We looked like Arsenal when Patrice Evra said it was men against boys. Maybe even worse.

predator

Youth NITK
I cant remember being schooled as bad as that at home. Reminded me of the final against barca at Wembley, which was acceptable as they were one of, if not the greatest club side ever.

Completely humiliated.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I kinda want to see what Ole says about this in the post match interview, but also I really don't because I know it's going to be irritating. I really hope someone with power in the club understands football enough to see how hopeless we are.

sp_107

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The best line decribes our team right now....This line should be tagged on main forum as a banner or something !!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Manchester City beat Manchester United 6-1 at Old Trafford in 2011. Pretty sure that was somewhat worse, but this is a thread to be angry so I'll await the "whatabout" replies.

Paxi

Manchester City beat Manchester United 6-1 at Old Trafford in 2011. Pretty sure that was somewhat worse, but this is a thread to be angry so I'll await the "whatabout" replies.
Watch that game again. Evans got sent off. We were 2-1 down for a long period. In no way that match was worse.