Have Manchester United ever been schooled like this before at Old Trafford?

BaneIsPain

Nope as far as I remembered. It is like City are in routine training.

Red_Aaron

I seem to remember the first 45mins of the first Jose Derby being very similar. That was as dominant I'd seen any side at OT

We went route one second half and got a goal but City were every bit as comfortable as they were today

InfiniteBoredom

I seem to remember the first 45mins of the first Jose Derby being very similar. That was as dominant I'd seen any side at OT

We went route one second half and got a goal but City were every bit as comfortable as they were today
Weren’t that the one when Mkhitaryan was absolutely hopeless and got hooked after like 30 min?

Castia

Practice session from City

They must have been laughing their bollocks off at how bad we are

Revaulx

Possibly the 3-0 vs City in the Moyer season? Not that I remember much of it
I remember it. Just as bad. Worse in some ways, as we were league champions at the time.

That makes today no less disgraceful from all involved though.

Red_Aaron

Weren’t that the one when Mkhitaryan was absolutely hopeless and got hooked after like 30 min?
Tbf Mhiki was absolutely hopeless most of the time!

I just remember thinking, around 30mins in, 'I don't think we've passed the half way line yet'.

Being dominated like that is in many ways far more demoralising than the Liverpool loss

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Did everyone just start supporting United this last year or so?

You only have to go back to Moyes' season for a very recent Liverpool/City consecutive home game battering.

Skills

Snitch
In the scoreline and chances they created yes but this is was worse in the midfield control of things. They were toying with us with passing triangles and one touch football. Liverpool didn't do that
Yeah Liverpool were just really clinical. They didn't even play well actually, we were just monumentally shit and they took us apart when they got a chance

BigRon1985

Trevor Sinclair on Talksport was merciless during commentary.........men against boys

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Damning indictment.

Peter Parker's Mask

Supports
Manchester City
Watch that game again. Evans got sent off. We were 2-1 down for a long period. In no way that match was worse.
Agreed. Wasn't it only 1-0 when Evans got his walking papers? You were definitely still in it up to that point. There's even an argument to be had that you were the better side for most of the first half. Not today, though. That was a 2-0 chasing you got off us today. That second half resembled one of those "warming down" sessions you see teams doing on the pitch after a game. You were far worse today, than in the sick swan.

Paxi

Agreed. Wasn't it only 1-0 when Evans got his walking papers? You were definitely still in it up to that point. There's even an argument to be had that you were the better side for most of the first half. Not today, though. That was a 2-0 chasing you got off us today. That second half resembled one of those "warming down" sessions you see teams doing on the pitch after a game. You were far worse today, than in the sick swan.
Completely agreed. For feck sake when City were shit you gave us far more of a game than we did today and we have 80 million pound defender and Ronaldo on the pitch.

MattofManchester

Manchester City beat Manchester United 6-1 at Old Trafford in 2011. Pretty sure that was somewhat worse, but this is a thread to be angry so I'll await the "whatabout" replies.
Nowhere near. We got beat for going for it and attacking City while a man down. And we kept going for it. We also were in it up until the sending off.

What has happened over the last week felt like our matches against City and pool under Moyes, but worse.

Paxi

They didn’t even get out of first gear.
I know they took the piss. It was like a training session. Absolutely embarrassing from us because we still could get nowhere near them.

Chief123

It was like watching Man City play Burnley or something. There was no fear in their players of even being close to losing tonight
I honestly think City fear Burnley players more than ours.

NK86

Manchester City beat Manchester United 6-1 at Old Trafford in 2011. Pretty sure that was somewhat worse, but this is a thread to be angry so I'll await the "whatabout" replies.
Did you even see the match or read the OP before waffling in about the 6-1!

NK86

Watch that game again. Evans got sent off. We were 2-1 down for a long period. In no way that match was worse.
Ignore him. His nationality bias could not be clearer even if he stamped it on his forehead.

Paxi

Ignore him. His nationality bias could not be clearer even if he stamped it on his forehead.
To be fair, it’s his opinion and I respect it. I disagree with it of course but sure.

Giggsy13

Disgraceful and an embarrassment. The fact Ole hasn’t been sacked shows our level of ambition, which is none.

Giggsy13

Complaining about whataboutism when making a “whatabout” point. Impressive ignorance, well done.

NK86

I posted an opinion. I have no problem with you disagreeing with it.
I think your opinion is colored because of Ole. Anyone who saw that match and this would never, ever come to the conclusion that the 6-1 was worse or as bad as today. We were practically humiliated. That 6-1 was us trying to have a go and then being picked apart in extra time as we were a man down. We actually went for it. Today we were trying to save our asses from being fecked, yet we were royally screwed.

NK86

To be fair, it’s his opinion and I respect it. I disagree with it of course but sure.
It's an opinion out of bias. Nothing else. Anyone who has seen both matches with a working set of eyes would never come to that conclusion.

Paxi

It's an opinion out of bias. Nothing else. Anyone who has seen both matches with a working set of eyes would never come to that conclusion.
I know mate but I don’t think he’s going to change his mind so what’s the point in engaging?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I reckon that'll be the easiest 3 points City will pick up this season as well.

Damning.

NK86

I know mate but I don’t think he’s going to change his mind so what’s the point in engaging?
Just pissed off that Ole is still here. It's basically now mocking the fans. The guy was all smiles during his post match interview. The interviewer called out that our fkng captain said that the players lacked belief in the second half. Yet he smiles and says we have to work on mentality. Wtf has he been doing the last 3 years 'cause he ain't coaching shit.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
You have to wonder what happened between last year and this season. We went from beating them 2-0 to this travesty with the same staff.
Poor planning and Coaching. We won 2-0 but we didn’t dominate that game as well . First goal was great individual play and second was in 92nd minute.

Our squad management is all over the place. Its what happens when you give the job to inexperienced managers who havent done this before. Our initial play was based on sitting back against top teams and hit them on counter. This kind of approach works for smaller team from time to time which worked for Ole initially. His tactical ineptitude was on display when he tried to change it. Look at the new system, our entire team is clueless on how to play the system. Spurs barely challenged us but still had less possession against them. You get fluke result if you have good players. You cant use those to make arguments.

Reality is Ole is out of his depth. And is now in causing more harm than good.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Complaining about whataboutism when making a “whatabout” point. Impressive ignorance, well done.
No, OP asked a question in the thread, I made a relevant reply. And of course I was immediately accused of defending Ole

FCAES_7

Today was bad!! But I still remember the 3-0 defeat at OT vs City during the Moyes era was even worse, the board will make the same mistake in waiting till it's late to sack Ole

Last edited:

Green_Red

I want to say yes but I can't think of when. The most obvious comparison to today was when Barca schooled Liverpool at Anfield during the early 2000s. Similarities but worse because its our nearest rival.

Peter Parker's Mask

Supports
Manchester City
I reckon that'll be the easiest 3 points City will pick up this season as well.

Damning.
Not wumming here (though I may end up getting accused of it), but Saints and Palace gave us harder games than you did today. Did we take those two games for granted? Who knows? We certainly didn't take today for granted. It's possible. I was pleasantly surprised at our performance today actually, given that Pep seemingly doesn't give the derbies the same importance as us fans. Some of our recent performances against utd have been, as the young 'uns these days would say, "meh". But we were on it from the kick off.