Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lights Out

Why are people seeing Malacia as a back-up?
He should be a starter compared to the two in the squad already.

JoaquinJoaquin

How can people remain positive after this shit show and past experiences spanning across a decade ? Surely they must be on drugs ?
I've been calm but it's starting to get a bit ridiculous now. Doesn't seem like we are actually any closer on the De Jong deal, and that's the one we need the most.

croadyman

I've been calm but it's starting to get a bit ridiculous now. Doesn't seem like we are actually any closer on the De Jong deal, and that's the one we need the most.
Yeah frustrating he isn't able to join the pre season tour from the start, quite frankly it amazes me the club is so calm about this situation

Hackman2210

Isnt Garner, Diallo, Pellestri, Mejbri, Garnacho and Donny exactly the same as transfers (In the glazers minds)?

I'm hoping some of those boys get a chance this year - if Pellestri is good enough to play international football for Uruguay surely he's good enough for the Europa cup.......

Von Mistelroum

I suspect that Antony is only considered if FDJ falls through. In terms of finances that's the only way we can afford him. Malacia, FDJ or Antony and Martinez would be around our full budget of £120m.

If Ronaldo leaves then we can add another £20m or so for a replacement striker... Any free agents out there?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I suspect that Antony is only considered if FDJ falls through. In terms of finances that's the only way we can afford him. Malacia, FDJ or Antony and Martinez would be around our full budget of £120m.

If Ronaldo leaves then we can add another £20m or so for a replacement striker... Any free agents out there?
Its not a hard budget.

croadyman

Belotti is stand out free agent

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

If Ronaldo leaves and you also pocket a decent transfer fee that should be 40M in wages + fees. Even if you account for the incoming player to take 12M a season, you can recoup more from loan deals or sales of the likes of Martial, Pereira, Chong, Telles and co. This is also another reason to start negotiating sales earlier in the window.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How can people remain positive after this shit show and past experiences spanning across a decade ? Surely they must be on drugs ?
Are you aware we have a new CEO, a DoF and for the first time in 10 years, a progressive manager on the up?

Drizzle

Why are people seeing Malacia as a back-up?
He should be a starter compared to the two in the squad already.
He's not coming straight in from the Dutch league as a young player and displacing an experienced England international who only a year ago was tearing up the Euros and was arguably the best lb in the Premier league.

Shaw was bad last season of course, and deserves to be put under pressure, but I doubt he'll be ousted immediately. Over the course of the season if Malacia adapts quickly I think he's got a shot at replacing him, unless Shawberto returns.

RatPack

When are we signing a player that will actually improve the starting 11.

Malacia will only be a back (at least in the beginning)
Erikson is a great addition but if replacement of Bruno not sure it is an improvement. Just a different type.
De jong will be an great improvement (if we do not f... that up).
Lisandro Martinez is he strong enough as a CB, or if to be used as DM is he the best option available (how much has he played that).

Still really missing a strong DM/CM, RB, RW and now also a CF.

Beginning to believe that ETH needs to be a miracle worker.

Judas

Open to offers
We have an obscene amount of work to do. I didn't expect us to fix everything this summer, but it doesn't look like some of the most important issues are going to be sorted. RB, DM, striker. Not really much talk at all about those positions, I'd like to think we're doing it on the quiet, but I can't truthfully say I believe that.

croadyman

We have an obscene amount of work to do. I didn't expect us to fix everything this summer, but it doesn't look like some of the most important issues are going to be sorted. RB, DM, striker. Not really much talk at all about those positions, I'd like to think we're doing it on the quiet, but I can't truthfully say I believe that.
I think Erik wants to see if he can get something out of AWB & Dalot at RB, in terms of a DM feels he is more about a deep lying playmaker than a destroyer type. Clearly the striker situation is a bigger concern now with Ronaldo off.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Are you aware we have a new CEO, a DoF and for the first time in 10 years, a progressive manager on the up?
Owners are the same and everyone works how the glazers want them to work.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Owners are the same and everyone works how the glazers want them to work.
How do you know that when we've had Gill under them, who was very successful and Woodward who was not?

croadyman

When are we signing a player that will actually improve the starting 11.

Malacia will only be a back (at least in the beginning)
Erikson is a great addition but if replacement of Bruno not sure it is an improvement. Just a different type.
De jong will be an great improvement (if we do not f... that up).
Lisandro Martinez is he strong enough as a CB, or if to be used as DM is he the best option available (how much has he played that).

Still really missing a strong DM/CM, RB, RW and now also a CF.

Beginning to believe that ETH needs to be a miracle worker.
Have given my thoughts on most of these positions below, still think we could go for Antony at RW later in the window, the striker situation may well have changed priorities.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not sure all the angst is warranted.

We're just waiting on Malacia to be announced, Eriksen has agreed to come and will apparently be wrapped up in the coming days and we've bid for Martinez while ideally hoping to get deal done in time for him to join the squad in Thailand (according to The Athletic).

If we set out for Bangcock on Friday with two or three players signed and significant progress having been made on the signing of another one or two (including our prime summer target in FDJ) then we're still doing okay.

EricEricDjembaDjemba

My feelings/opinion:
Malacia & Eriksen- Done, will be on plane on Friday or meet team in Australia.
Martinez & De Jong- Club confident of getting done/expect to be done, won't make start of pre season or may only join up with team when back in England after Thailand/Australia
1, maybe 2 (depending on Ronaldo situation) attackers/forwards (i.e Antony, Danjuma etc.) - being worked on now, could stretch all the way to end of transfer window, especially if Ronaldo saga drags on too.

croadyman

My feelings/opinion:
Malacia & Eriksen- Done, will be on plane on Friday or meet team in Australia.
Martinez & De Jong- Club confident of getting done/expect to be done, won't make start of pre season or may only join up with team when back in England after Thailand/Australia
1, maybe 2 (depending on Ronaldo situation) attackers/forwards (i.e Antony, Danjuma etc.) - being worked on now, could stretch all the way to end of transfer window, especially if Ronaldo saga drags on too.
Think you have nailed it with timelines as well

croadyman

Not sure all the angst is warranted.

We're just waiting on Malacia to be announced, Eriksen has agreed to come and will apparently be wrapped up in the coming days and we've bid for Martinez while ideally hoping to get deal done in time for him to join the squad in Thailand (according to The Athletic).

If we set out for Bangcock on Friday with two or three players signed and significant progress having been made on the signing of another one or two (including our prime summer target in FDJ) then we're still doing okay.
From my point of view the biggest frustration is we haven't addressed any of the big issues in the first XI (RB, LCB, DM, CM, RW & ST)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
From my point of view the biggest frustration is we haven't addressed any of the big issues in the first XI (RB, LCB, DM, CM, RW & ST)
Well if Martinez comes in we’ve definitely addressed LCB and surely DeJong and Eriksen address CM.
i suspect there is a plan to either not play a specific DM or work with what we have.
I suspect Dalot will be RB and I assume we will pick up a forward in the coming weeks

croadyman

Well if Martinez comes in we’ve definitely addressed LCB and surely DeJong and Eriksen address CM.
i suspect there is a plan to either not play a specific DM or work with what we have.
I suspect Dalot will be RB and I assume we will pick up a forward in the coming weeks
Yeah my gut feeling is we aren't planning to play with a destroyer type DM either, do worry about Dalot at RB as well. I still cannot decide if we should focus on a RW to balance attack or someone to play CF.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah my gut feeling is we aren't planning to play with a destroyer type DM either, do worry about Dalot at RB as well. I still cannot decide if we should focus on a RW to balance attack or someone to play CF.
Must admit I’m not a Dalot fan but priorities I guess

Onerealunited

Chelsea, Brentford and Leicester are the only teams together with us that has not signed anyone yet.

Drizzle

Yep all those positions are massive issues.

RB - poor quality but at least we have numbers (2 first teamers) so maybe that will have to wait a year.

RW - we have zero decent left-footed right forwards and we absolutely must sort this. Cannot have Elanga or Rashford out there as first choices.

CF - Martial I guess, with Rashford as backup. Pretty bad state of affairs.

Based on this it makes sense that RW is absolutely the first priority as we can't even get by in that position without signings.

Onerealunited

It is frustrating that we haven't signed anyone / not strengthened our very weak team from last season. Buuuuuut what frustrates me even more is that we have not even been able to offload any players except Henderson on loan......

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Overpriced for someone who had 1 decent season, whilst on loan in the championship
Hey if it was me I'd go for Raum at Hoffenheim, looks special every time I see him, 11 assists and 3 goals last year for a team outside of Bayern & Dortmund in the Bundesliga is admirable. Suits Ten Hags system too

Status
Not open for further replies.