Have you ever been closer to wanting us to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

I don't want us to lose but Ive realized im not even that happy when we win now. Ole has sucked that positivity out of me, which no other manager did.
You saying LVG's disastrous football and Mourinho's final season didn't do this? They were equally horrid. To be fair LVG did win the FA cup and Jose won 2 titles but their final time of their tenure was absolutely rotten to the core.

Flytan

Perhaps to plan the next change rather than leap to the next "best available this week" choice that could happen? Or because he has built a decent squad and came 2nd in the PL last year? Personally I doubt he has what it takes to advance us further but if you are going to change you want to do it well preferably without the need for any interim solutions.
Stop giving him credit for someone anyone on this forum could do with the amount of money he was given especially when he doesn't use like 6 different players he's given contracts to/bought.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You saying LVG's disastrous football and Mourinho's final season didn't do this? They were equally horrid. To be fair LVG did win the FA cup and Jose won 2 titles but their final time of their tenure was absolutely rotten to the core.
Mourinho was out pretty sharpish once it all went to shit. He knows how to get kicked out pronto.

We still waited too long and the Newcastle win got him a month or two more than it should have but with OGS, he's desperate to cling onto this job because he knows he'll be back to managing the cows on the hills once this disaster of a stint is done.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They did, but as I said these managers had a big CV so I always felt there was a chance it would eventually click into gear toward a trophy. And it did twice.

Amir

Obviously each has his own story. For me it's that I gave up on LVG and Mourinho sometime into their second seasons. So I had to put up with them for a few months.

In Solskjaer I didn't believe in the first place, so in his case we're talking about years of uneasiness - to put it mildly - with the United manager. That takes a lot out of you.

I'm guessing there are others like me.

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
Whats the point of winning these so called derbies and “3 matches on the verge of sack” kind of games, but the end outcome is crashing out in CL knockouts and fails to get 4th minimum?

For what ? For that small matter of pride ?
Come on, look at the big picture.

And now we have disgruntled players like Sancho who they have been chasing for 2 years now doing feck all, and missed out on his England spot.

weizxx

Never want that but if I was offered a deal losing a game to sack Ole I will take that.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I think the City game will be Ole's last for us. Can't see us getting anything from it barring a horrendous day at the office for Pep.

World Game

Do you want:

A) Sneaking a win against city, Ole staying, poor coaching leading to more lost games, trophy-less season and watching Ronaldo play in the Europa next season. Win the battle, lose the war.

or

B) Losing decisively against city, the board realizing Ole is not good enough. Getting a new world class manager to win more games in the future. Chance to salvage this season, finish top 4 and maybe fluke a run in the FA cup or CL. Lose the battle, win the war.

Explain how picking A makes you more a "true supporter" than B? Every fan wants to win. Some fans want to win more in the long term if it means losing in the short term. Others want to win in the short term without caring about the long term. Having said that option B looks very unlikely now given that Spurs have snatched up Conte.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Do you want:

A) Sneaking a win against city, Ole staying, poor coaching leading to more lost games, trophy-less season and watching Ronaldo play in the Europa next season. Win the battle, lose the war.

or

B) Losing decisively against city, the board realizing Ole is not good enough. Getting a new world class manager to win more games in the future. Chance to salvage this season, finish top 4 and maybe fluke a run in the FA cup or CL. Lose the battle, win the war.

Explain how picking A makes you more a "true supporter" than B? Every fan wants to win. Some fans want to win more in the long term if it means losing in the short term. Others want to win in the short term without caring about the long term. Having said that option B looks very unlikely now given that Spurs have snatched up Conte.
I’m partial to Option A but the idea of tasting success with a world class manager at helm seems a bit idealistic to me. We’ve been down that road before and it wasn’t pretty.

Either way, our next appointment could make or break us.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Honestly I would hate for Ronaldo to be on a losing side. He is a hero of mine and I always want him to succeed and smash all the records. Cavani deserves better also. Ole, the coaching staff, the board and the Glazers can get lost but I still want Utd to win.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Do you want:

or

It feels extremely schoolyard to try and rank which fans are 'truer' than others, not to mention pointless and divisive. Is person A watching a stream of the City game in their bedroom writing 'there are no managers available now, wait til the end of the season' online, really greater or lesser a fan than person B watching a stream of the City game in their bedroom typing 'I hope we lose 10-0 so Ole gets the sack and we get a new manager' online? It's all so inconsequential.

As you say though, B is no given and who the hell is this wand-waving 'world class manager' anyway? The whole situation is such a mess.

cybertej29

Wanting us to lose to City? No sir, I'd have a counterattacking Ole masterclass again. He's done well against Pep in the past, we can expect a tight game. Would've been quietly confident if Varane wasn't injured, a bit dicey now.

passtheball

Do you want:

or

It's always the one thing the Top Reds have been most concerned with: the feeling of superiority over their fellow fans.

I will happily take another 0-5 against City IF it means Ole and his band of pretenders get the boot.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The Liverpool result, performance and aftermath was embarrassing. The last thing United fans want is a repeat of that.

However most United fans also know we are headed nowhere under Ole. We can only start growing once he leaves.

So we're stuck in this purgatory. Every good result prolongs Oles stay and every poor result pisses us off.

That's what leads to threads like this. Some have had enough and want the limbo to end. They are willing to sacrifice the short term for the long term. I understand even if I haven't gotten there myself. I'm still hoping the board is not so incompetent they cannot see what is so obvious and they won't put image over results.

The Urban Goose

Stop giving him credit for someone anyone on this forum could do with the amount of money he was given especially when he doesn't use like 6 different players he's given contracts to/bought.
Yet something that Moyes, LVG and Mourinho all failed to do?

There's no reason to pick him apart on everything, even where he's done a good job, the performance on the pitch given the squad speaks loudly enough.

stw2022

Accepting we will always be limited by a limited manager but never actually wanting a scenario to unfold where we would ever get rid of him is something I can’t get my head around.

“This guy isn’t good enough but I’ll always hope he gets the required result just in the nick of time so he’s here for many, many more months to come”

Viral United

Do you want:

or

What you doing is wishful thinking.
There are lots more scenario then this A and B.
What if after lose against City Ole didn't get sack? Or he got sack and we hire Rooney as intern manager?
Lets not pretend lose against City will solve our problems.

lysglimt

Scout
We'll we're going to lose another great possible manager in Ten Haag if we don't move fast, just as we lost Tuchel, just as we lost Pep, just as we lost Klopp because we were sitting on a shitt coach instead.
Why are you even bringing Klopp into this - we wanted him, he didn't want us.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Perhaps to plan the next change rather than leap to the next "best available this week" choice that could happen? Or because he has built a decent squad and came 2nd in the PL last year? Personally I doubt he has what it takes to advance us further but if you are going to change you want to do it well preferably without the need for any interim solutions.
I'd 100% agree with you if we were at a properly run club but in the question of former managers post SAF we're far from it. I really don't know if it's a nostalgia thing from us or if we're just completely useless. Either way it's nowhere near good enough.

With all respect to Ole the club pulled a master stroke signing him and now the expectations have been lowered to an extent that if Ole does last the season achieving the bare minimum, CL knockout stage and scraping top 4 he's almost guaranteed to stay another season as past experience has proven which is why I would bring in an interim to eliminate any chance of that happening. City and Liverpool could see their managers leaving in the next couple of seasons if rumours are true and we need to take full advantage and be ready but unfortunately for me, hanging on to Ole for the next 18 months isn't in any way going to be beneficial in putting the club back on the map.

Redfrog

I’m partial to Option A but the idea of tasting success with a world class manager at helm seems a bit idealistic to me. We’ve been down that road before and it wasn’t pretty.

Either way, our next appointment could make or break us.
That’s just not true. Neither Van Gaal or Mourinho were WC when we hired them.
The only way to go back on the top is to have WC manager, just look at City or Liverpool…
But apparently for us WC is not good enough, we need an average manager who only achieved to play for us…

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Self harm fans exists on both camps. During the last years of SAF reign we used to have many hop reds who wished that the club hit the pits so that 'glory hunters' like myself would feck off. The funny thing is that I am still here despite the mess we are in while they are gone. I lost count of how many top reds I know had abandoned the club because the negativety around it was affected their 'mental health'

For the record I wished that we lost the Spurs game as Ole would have been shown the door. It was 1 setback for the greater good philosophy, a bit like getting a bit sick after the Covid vaccine to be immune of such nasty virus later. However now I wish that we win as many games possible as I doubt we will see any changes now that Conte had joined Spurs

Reiver

I never want us to lose. Sometimes though, there can be a silver lining and the manager I want gone gets the axe. I suppose that's where we are now. I probably wanted LVG and Mourinho gone more than Ole. And I'll admit, it's probably due to Ole's history with the club.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
All these people that want us to lose now to get rid of Ole who do you actually want? I want Ole gone if he fails to meet expectations this season but the best case scenario for us this season is that we go on a run and still manage to get top 4 but then that is deemed not good enough so he leaves his role at the end of the season. If he leaves tomorrow we are pretty screwed as the right manger isn't available.

Morpheus 7

Short term pain for long term gain, losing tomorrow and getting a coach that can salvage the season. Winning a trophy, something this manager has proven in 3 season he can't do. Our squad is much better than the one tuchel took over last year, look at them now. We all know Ole can't take us to the next level, the inevitable is coming. Clean break now and let's have a good go in the cups and get top 4 now. Compete again and mount the challenge next season that should've happened this season.

Flexdegea

We have a lot of people in this fanbase who started following us because of success and success alone. These people tend not to be from Greater Manchester mainly and a lot of them seem to think they speak on behalf of actual supporters. They are the Mark Goldbridge generation. Spoiled brat plastics.

If you ever want this club to lose you're an absolute joker and need a slap around the chops pronto.

Bravo......couldn't agree more. They cry the most as well

Spoony

The People's President
Wanting to lose. Imagine spending the whole game supporting the other side. A game you've got no control over. It's not retarded at all is it.

Dr. StrangeHate

Sometimes if you love something enough you let it lose for the greater good. You are likely ensuring less future losses by getting rid of the not world class manager. Loving Manchester United is one step above being a fan. Make love to United, don't just be a fan.

reddevil1510

We have a lot of people in this fanbase who started following us because of success and success alone. These people tend not to be from Greater Manchester mainly and a lot of them seem to think they speak on behalf of actual supporters. They are the Mark Goldbridge generation. Spoiled brat plastics.

If you ever want this club to lose you're an absolute joker and need a slap around the chops pronto.
Not at all xenophobic :(

Spoony

The People's President
Sometimes if you love something enough you let it lose for the greater good. You are likely ensuring less future losses by getting rid of the not world class manager. Loving Manchester United is one step above being a fan. Make love to United, don't just be a fan.

Weirdo.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Has this thread become the usual you're not a "real fan" if you are not from Manchester and don't go the matches cesspit yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.