Have you ever been closer to wanting us to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
We have a lot of people in this fanbase who started following us because of success and success alone. These people tend not to be from Greater Manchester mainly and a lot of them seem to think they speak on behalf of actual supporters. They are the Mark Goldbridge generation. Spoiled brat plastics.

If you ever want this club to lose you're an absolute joker and need a slap around the chops pronto.
Ironically I started supporting United after the FA Cup final loss to Arsenal in '79. 42 years ago but I'm not from Greater Manchester. Am I a plastic for wanting Ole gone ASAP?

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Costs me ~$2500 to go to one game coming from the US. According to some here, because I can’t afford that, I’m not allowed to voice an opinion on club matters? And I’m not a fecking plastic, United has run through my family for generations as we’re English. In fact, my dad was at the ‘66 final at Wembley, and went to several European Cup games during Busby’s time. Am I still not allowed to express my views? Do I need to fill out an application?
Edit: shit even my dad wants him gone now, and he’s been supporting them since the 60s, ironically born in Salford.

Siorac

Wanting to lose. Imagine spending the whole game supporting the other side. A game you've got no control over. It's not retarded at all is it.
When you put it like that, supporting either side is sort of pointless, isn't it?

Spoony

The People's President
When you put it like that, supporting either side is sort of pointless, isn't it?
It's pointless to get too upset. Wanting your team to lose though. Spending 90 mins wanting City to beat United is wrist slitting stuff. I see it this way you always want your team to win...if they don't changes will be made. Eventually.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ironically I started supporting United after the FA Cup final loss to Arsenal in '79. 42 years ago but I'm not from Greater Manchester. Am I a plastic for wanting Ole gone ASAP?
For wanting a manager replaced? Nope.

Wanting us to lose games, especially against our biggest rivals? Absolutely. Nothing more pathetic than so called Utd fans wanting the team to lose.

There's no guarantee he gets sacked anyway or we even get the right man in to replace him if we do lose. This is the 4th manager since Fergie afterall.

These 'wanting to lose fans' are close to jumping ship to an oil club. I'd happily take a few more seasons of mediocrity if it means we get rid of these plastics.

Widow

We have a lot of people in this fanbase who started following us because of success and success alone. These people tend not to be from Greater Manchester mainly and a lot of them seem to think they speak on behalf of actual supporters. They are the Mark Goldbridge generation. Spoiled brat plastics.

If you ever want this club to lose you're an absolute joker and need a slap around the chops pronto.
What a load of tripe!

Dr. StrangeHate

It's pointless to get too upset. Wanting your team to lose though. Spending 90 mins wanting City to beat United is wrist slitting stuff. I see it this way you always want your team to win...if they don't changes will be made. Eventually.

Wanting us to lose games, especially against our biggest rivals? Absolutely. Nothing more pathetic than so called Utd fans wanting the team to lose.

There's no guarantee he gets sacked anyway or we even get the right man in to replace him if we do lose. This is the 4th manager since Fergie afterall.

These 'wanting to lose fans' are close to jumping ship to an oil club. I'd happily take a few more seasons of mediocrity if it means we get rid of these plastics.
I will be honest, it is a painful position I find myself as a fan. I want United to play well and win trophies and in my mind I believe we can't do either of that under Ole. So I want him gone, and getting beat convincingly by two rivals is something no manager would survive even at amateur level (considering equal squads).

I couldn't watch the Liverpool game after the 2nd goal. I likely won't be watching this match either. I am just hoping for a change during the international break. A loss would be difficult to stomach but watching Ole butcher the next few months would be considerably worse.

Spoony

The People's President
I will be honest, it is a painful position I find myself as a fan. I want United to play well and win trophies and in my mind I believe we can't do either of that under Ole. So I want him gone, and getting beat convincingly by two rivals is something no manager would survive even at amateur level (considering equal squads).

I couldn't watch the Liverpool game after the 2nd goal. I likely won't be watching this match either. I am just hoping for a change during the international break. A loss would be difficult to stomach but watching Ole butcher the next few months would be considerably worse.

Look, we all want that. I want us to play beautiful free flowing football and it's true that there's hardly any chance it'll happen under Ole. But I can't change anything so why spend the whole 90mins feeling like shite wanting the opposition to beat us?? Bizarrely enough, I can't wait for the derby. I suspect I'm lucky to feel that way.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I think under Mourinho was the closest I felt to this as I just wanted that horrendous man gone.

Right now I don't want us to lose, I think at some point we need to replace Ole, but I have no trust that we will make the right replacement and I think replacing him halfway through the season when they can't affect the obvious imbalance of the squad isn't going to be a good starting point for any manager.

So Personly I'm hoping Ole can see us through till the end of the season when I think there will be better managerial options available is the best outcome.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
If it was up to me, anyone who wants us to lose a match to get the manager out would be instantly banned

Kopral Jono

This is an awful take. I'd personally never want us to lose, ever, but to say that fans who do want us lose right now are non-local brat plastics is terribly unfair. If you put emotional attachments aside, it's completely logical to want us to lose in certain extreme circumstances if it means a change for the better is imminent. The only problem with this line of thinking taking into account our current situation, and this is where I ultimately disagree with those fans, is that the board is too incompetent to do the right thing and sack our incompetent manager even if we lose!

Like it or not we're a football club with a massive global following. It's a price we have to pay for years of continuous success at the highest level. I can't take you seriously if you think that well-articulated opinions of us fans from Singapore or India or Indonesia, who sacrifice for the club in other ways that local fans may not be able to relate, are somehow less valid than local 'actual' supporters.

Rusholme Ruffian

This
Obviously each has his own story. For me it's that I gave up on LVG and Mourinho sometime into their second seasons. So I had to put up with them for a few months.

In Solskjaer I didn't believe in the first place, so in his case we're talking about years of uneasiness - to put it mildly - with the United manager. That takes a lot out of you.

I'm guessing there are others like me.
Plus this
I think the toughest part is I actually think this squad could be very good even with the flaws, and so a new manager could come in and have quick success.
Plus this
Accepting we will always be limited by a limited manager but never actually wanting a scenario to unfold where we would ever get rid of him is something I can’t get my head around.

“This guy isn’t good enough but I’ll always hope he gets the required result just in the nick of time so he’s here for many, many more months to come”
Is exactly where I'm at.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I think it's more a case of accepting a loss rather than wanting one. How do you do that anyway? I don't believe a football fan can actively cheer for the opposite team. It defies all logic of being a football fanatic.

In any case, the boards poor handling of the situation is responsible for all this by stating that Ole would be judged based on a three-game period. As a result, the fans, particularly those who are adamant he isn't good enough, are immediately put in an impossible position.

"We only have to accept a loss or two, nothing that will have any lasting impact on the club, and Ole will get replaced. The end justifies the means."

That said, how can we accept losing a must-win CL encounter and against our bitter rivals City? Unfair expectations to the extreme.

The fans have been forced into this situation by an indecisive board.

Chicharo

There are no world-class managers available atm that would guarantee we would become a power-force again . Let's say we get Zidane or whomever,it might just turn to be a shock therapy (remember Ole's crazy record when he took over?and the poll whether he shold be given a job as a manager)
Let's be frank, most of you are thinking -let's just get rid of Ole, I don't care who comes after him...
Be that as it may, I am fairly sure Conte won't achieve anything with Tottenham

And,yes we'll beat Citeh.Just as I knew Liverpool would beat us.
That doesn't mean Ole shold stay, but we will win

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This is an awful take. I'd personally never want us to lose, ever, but to say that fans who do want us lose right now are non-local brat plastics is terribly unfair. If you put emotional attachments aside, it's completely logical to want us to lose in certain extreme circumstances if it means a change for the better is imminent. The only problem with this line of thinking taking into account our current situation, and this is where I ultimately disagree with those fans, is that the board is too incompetent to do the right thing and sack our incompetent manager even if we lose!

Like it or not we're a football club with a massive global following. It's a price we have to pay for years of continuous success at the highest level. I can't take you seriously if you think that well-articulated opinions of us fans from Singapore or India or Indonesia, who sacrifice for the club in other ways that local fans may not be able to relate, are somehow less valid than local 'actual' supporters.
Load of nonsense. Nobody can justify wanting to lose games to me. Ever.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't think I've ever wanted us to lose. Even during the darkest times under Mourinho I didn't. I was rooting for us all game to make that comeback against Newcastle, and, when we did, I was as happy as Larry even though it saved Mourinho's job.

Even now, I - of course - hope we batter City. I just wish we could do that and part with Ole on a high instead of needing an absolute disaster to do the obvious like usual.

Eli Zee

There's no guarantee he gets sacked anyway
or we even get the right man in to replace him if we do lose. This is the 4th manager since Fergie afterall.

This post starts off with you saying it's pathetic to want to lose so the manager gets sacked.

It ends with you saying you'd happily taking multiple seasons of mediocrity (not winning anything, aka losing) to get rid of some of these other fans.

i understand what you're saying, but the hypocrisy is real with this comment.

In the end, it's clear that the club needs to get rid of him, at least as a manager. Whether it happens on the back of a win or loss doesn't matter. If we want to be the best club, we need to have one of the best managers. He does not fit that criteria.

Last edited:

yipthatman

I'll take a loss if it means Ole gets replaced immediately by a world class manager. The problem is, we don't have anyone lined up that I'm aware of so I couldn't care less who wins.

Goku1983

Haed one to answer obviously I want United to win always but any success under Ole is fleeting and never leads to a trophy so in an ideal world I would love Ole to turn it round. My stance is I want United to win until we are mathimatically out of all cups and top 4 then hooe he goes on bad run to get him the sack when all is already lost.

Highfather_24

As I see it, anyone who wants United to win now, is not a true Man Utd fan. Because they dont have the club's long term good in mind. They care more about Ole, than Man Utd. They are only thinking about their own short term happiness from a win, and ironically joining the opposition fans in wanting United to win to keep Ole in the job longer. just kidding, but its easy to twist anything into the "true united fan" bs. Anyone who pulls the "you're not a true fan if..." card is an asshole

jameyzane

United will probably be so left behind, they will be playing non league football if not for those fans. A horrible take that goes further to justify the cluelessness of many manchester based fans. Who are you to decide who supports what and why they support united? Gatekeeper

I get that people around the world who picked United when they were very successful now feel bereft and confused. They should just watch City or Liverpool, then move on to whoever supersedes them. Nobody cares, it's fine.

I've no time for the mental gymnastics people do to convince themselves that wanting United to lose makes them good fans of the club. It's bollocks.

We're behind a couple of teams and there isn't an overnight fix. The club know this, the players know this. The majority of fans know this. The club is building and we'll have our time again.

Rusholme Ruffian

I get that people around the world who picked United when they were very successful now feel bereft and confused. They should just watch City or Liverpool, then move on to whoever supersedes them. Nobody cares, it's fine.
Plenty of Manchester lads feel exactly the same way about Ole, so why try and make out it's geographical thing?

passtheball

I've no time for the mental gymnastics people do to convince themselves that wanting United to lose makes them good fans of the club. It's bollocks.

We're behind a couple of teams and there isn't an overnight fix. The club know this, the players know this. The majority of fans know this. The club is building and we'll have our time again.
TOP RED.

yipthatman

As I see it, anyone who wants United to win now, is not a true Man Utd fan. Because they dont have the club's long term good in mind. They care more about Ole, than Man Utd. They are only thinking about their own short term happiness from a win, and ironically joining the opposition fans in wanting United to win to keep Ole in the job longer. just kidding, but its easy to twist anything into the "true united fan" bs. Anyone who pulls the "you're not a true fan if..." card is an asshole
Ole staying on from here on out is probably only good for the Glazers (until we miss top 4) It's so bad for United. Its as simple as that. Ole should have walked or been sacked ages ago. I'm not entitled but I don't support this circus of mediocrity.

evil_geko

People who want some games lost so Ole can go I understand, I am not in that stage yet, but I get the bigger picture. The "top reds" throwing insults at those people are the ones who really are pathetic to me though.

Next stage is probably banning those people, one stage closer to this forum becoming RAWK.

DULLAGHAN

I don't want us to get beat by city. I want us to outplay them, score great goals and dominate them. I'd settle for being competitive this weekend. I don't think either is likely under the current set up.

If we're 2-0 down halfway through the 2nd half shipping 2 or 3 more wouldn't be the worst thing to happen if it puts us out if our misery.

The biggest fear is once Ole is eventually gone who do our incompetent board replace him with?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I can't understand supporting Man Utd and wanting to lose. I also adds further to the confusion when we all know Ole probably won't be sacked even if they do lose tomorrow.

studs

Top red hooligan wants to slap someone for been a supporter

Last edited:

FattyFooty

I really hope we win tomorrow. Would be so good. Just imagine the feeling with a late Ronaldo winner. Oh....

yipthatman

Costs me ~$2500 to go to one game coming from the US. According to some here, because I can’t afford that, I’m not allowed to voice an opinion on club matters? And I’m not a fecking plastic, United has run through my family for generations as we’re English. In fact, my dad was at the ‘66 final at Wembley, and went to several European Cup games during Busby’s time. Am I still not allowed to express my views? Do I need to fill out an application?
Edit: shit even my dad wants him gone now, and he’s been supporting them since the 60s, ironically born in Salford.
Just ignore them mate. Man United are a global club with a global fanbase that contribute a lot financially towards the club. Its been that way for as long as I can remember.

wolvored

I always want Utd to win, but want Ole out as we are going nowhere fast. The only way I would want us to lose if it was common knowledge that if we lost the next game heavily he would definitely be sacked. Since we never know this as fact I always want us to win. Hopefuly when Woodward has gone things might change and Murtough will want the club to move forward with better football and coaching.

SAFMUTD

There are no world-class managers available atm that would guarantee we would become a power-force again . Let's say we get Zidane or whomever,it might just turn to be a shock therapy (remember Ole's crazy record when he took over?and the poll whether he shold be given a job as a manager)
Let's be frank, most of you are thinking -let's just get rid of Ole, I don't care who comes after him...
Be that as it may, I am fairly sure Conte won't achieve anything with Tottenham

And,yes we'll beat Citeh.Just as I knew Liverpool would beat us.
That doesn't mean Ole shold stay, but we will win
Thats the thing, people wants the new manager to "guarantee" success. There's no thing like that, not even with Klopp or Pep.

But one things guaranteed Ole will get us nowhere. So why don't we gamble? We might actually end up striking gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.