Have you ever been closer to wanting us to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I hope City smash us this weekend. The rot needs to be stopped as soon as possible and our owners aren't people who will see the festering wound unless a whole limb fecking drops off. We're not winning nowt this season anyway and we're going to need a lot more if our clown of a manager survived a 5-0 drubbing by Liverpool where they even had 30mins to show us mercy and toy with us. *cue Top Red Ole cultist rage*
You're not a Manchester Utd fan that's why. Anyone who wants us to lose a game ever needs help but anyone hoping we get 'smashed' by one of our biggest rivals Infront of our home supporters is a waste of oxygen.

Do you think the 75k who are there tomorrow are hoping we get smashed?

robinrooney

I REALLLLLLY want Ole out because I don't think he is up to the job and we deserve the best. I have felt this way for a long time.

Saying that, I have NEVER wanted us to lose a game and never will.

I hope City smash us this weekend. The rot needs to be stopped as soon as possible and our owners aren't people who will see the festering wound unless a whole limb fecking drops off. We're not winning nowt this season anyway and we're going to need a lot more if our clown of a manager survived a 5-0 drubbing by Liverpool where they even had 30mins to show us mercy and toy with us. *cue Top Red Ole cultist rage*
Not very subtle trolling

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Found the scouser.

matt10000

How many here started supporting before Fergie came to United? Lots of excuses like I was born after that etc. I have seen this club in the 2nd division too but there was always hope we would come up and win trophies and we did. But not now under Ole. He is the worst manager from the time Doc took over apart from Moyes.
Who did you support before utd and who are you planning on supporting next?

Loon

:lol:
Sexton was worse than Doc. Doc actually put together an exciting side (off topic).

Amir

I thought they split the role so Arnold will look over the finances and Murtough the football side. Arnold being his senior, but unlike Woodward not over the whole lot for decisions?
I'm not sure, but whatever they do - It's Joel Glazer who has the final say anyway. Actually, in reports after the Liverpool match about discussions over Solskjaer's future, it was mentioned that it was Arnold and Woodward who were talking to Glazer.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Anything but a draw please. Could be a win-win game today.

Flytan

I think I dislike Ole and want him out more than anyone on this forum but even I don't want us to get smashed on the weekend.

I'll take a nice 1-0 win with a dodgy penalty + red card.

Fletchageddon

You're not a Manchester Utd fan that's why. Anyone who wants us to lose a game ever needs help but anyone hoping we get 'smashed' by one of our biggest rivals Infront of our home supporters is a waste of oxygen.

Can we close this thread now this has been said please? Wanting your team to lose. Dearie me.

peridigm

Anyone wanting us to lose just because you think Ole will be sacked would be better off supporting the team tomorrow as your going to be miserable either way.

win + not sacked = miserable
lose + not sacked = miserable

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The fact is, we got humped by Liverpool just a fortnight ago, how I feel is that IF we were to get humped again, then at least some greater good might come out of it. None of us can control the scoreline anyway, but the worst possible outcome would be for us to lose and the manager still keep his job.
I don’t disagree with that. Of course good things can come out of a bad result. But I’m going to be supporting the team u

well said.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
We have a lot of people in this fanbase who started following us because of success and success alone. These people tend not to be from Greater Manchester mainly and a lot of them seem to think they speak on behalf of actual supporters. They are the Mark Goldbridge generation. Spoiled brat plastics.

If you ever want this club to lose you're an absolute joker and need a slap around the chops pronto.
Unless you support fulham you're a pot calling kettle black.

Unless you're 60 years old started supporting united from newton heath you're just another glory hunter who thinks supporting the cause, the busby babe and munich is some form of glorified romantic notion.

So hush hush with your insult and go support fulham

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Foreign supporters support us mainly because we were the best team when they were kids. 90% of these supporters wouldn't even be Utd fans now if they were born after the turn of the millennium and you know I'm right. They'd be Chelsea or City fans. That's how it works.

But I have no issue with any Utd fan being from abroad if you actually support the club mate. But anyone wanting to lose the Derby makes you an absolute joke.
And you. Why you support united? When do youbstart supporting united? How old are you? If you happen to start supporting united when they have titles you're just a glory hunter.

United are never the best team when i was a kid. That accolades belongs to Milan, Juventus, Madrid, Barcelona. You're just a local club who's on the rise winning the league in the 90s. Far from the behemoth 26 titles that topples liverpool. And even now united arent the biggest dick in the pond, that'll be madrid with 10 CL. And there's no glory in 8 years without major trophies but a tin pot UEFA cup. So I'm not sure what glory we're hunting for?

Dr. StrangeHate

Anyone wanting us to lose just because you think Ole will be sacked would be better off supporting the team tomorrow as your going to be miserable either way.

What about
Lose + Sacked = miserable + Ray of sunshine in the darkness

humdinger

Nobody actually wants us to lose, clearly everyone would love a positive performance and a great win. But some people have lost hope. They worry if we win its yet another false dawn which would be followed by more disappointing results and another mediocre season so they prefer to skip the brief highlight and rip the plaster off sooner.

I actually sympathise but I've lost so much faith in the board's ability to plan properly and appoint a good manager that I don't really see things improving till the owners go. So in the meantime I'll still hope for a win every game and take the fun where it comes.

I do think Ole should have been sacked a while back and the fact he didn't go after Liverpool while Spurs showed the ambition to pick up Conte is probably why I'm so despondent.

matt10000

Nobody actually wants us to lose, clearly everyone would love a positive performance and a great win. But some people have lost hope. They worry if we win its yet another false dawn which would be followed by more disappointing results and another mediocre season so they prefer to skip the brief highlight and rip the plaster off sooner.

I actually sympathise but I've lost so much faith in the board's ability to plan properly and appoint a good manager that I don't really see things improving till the owners go. So in the meantime I'll still hope for a win every game and take the fun where it comes.

I do think Ole should have been sacked a while back and the fact he didn't go after Liverpool while Spurs showed the ambition to pick up Conte is probably why I'm so despondent.
Have you read all the posts?

Last edited:

Foxbatt

And you. Why you support united? When do youbstart supporting united? How old are you? If you happen to start supporting united when they have titles you're just a glory hunter.

United are never the best team when i was a kid. That accolades belongs to Milan, Juventus, Madrid, Barcelona. You're just a local club who's on the rise winning the league in the 90s. Far from the behemoth 26 titles that topples liverpool. And even now united arent the biggest dick in the pond, that'll be madrid with 10 CL. And there's no glory in 8 years without major trophies but a tin pot UEFA cup. So I'm not sure what glory we're hunting for?
Good post. Lots of people here are people who started supporting when we were winning under SAF. The excuse is that they were born after he started winning.
They would never understand the feeling of being not a top club even in the UK. Celtic and Rangers were bigger than United those days. With Liverpool being on top. Even Forrest won back to back EC. Playing in the 2nd division in a mud bath like Oxford United and how dare you call some of us Glory Hunters. The most important place for Manchester United is not Nou Camp. It's Wembley in 1968. 29th May 1968. The day the first English club won the EC. The day Manchester United won the EC the first time. The day an aircraft crash survivor,who lost half his team mates won the EC by scoring two goals. The day George Best dribbled from half way line and waltzed past the keeper to put United ahead.

Trequarista10

What if we get smashed and Ole stays?

stw2022

I want us to win but accept the damage that it will cause if it bolsters the manager’s chances of clinging on then it’ll be more harmful to us than a defeat IF such a result makes board wake up and appoint someone competent

wolvored

Sexton was worse than Doc. Doc actually put together an exciting side (off topic).
Yes we finished 3rd won the FA cup and then he had the affair with the physios wife. I think we would have done well under the doc. As an aside Sexton got sacked after winning 9 on the trot I think it was. he would have had a new 10 year contract under the current clowns.

Scottynaldinho

Is everything acceptable for the mods these days?

wolvored

I'm not sure, but whatever they do - It's Joel Glazer who has the final say anyway. Actually, in reports after the Liverpool match about discussions over Solskjaer's future, it was mentioned that it was Arnold and Woodward who were talking to Glazer.
It might change after Woodwards gone. It might be Murtough puts something through to Arnold then he discusses it with Glazer in the future.

Foxbatt

Yes we finished 3rd won the FA cup and then he had the affair with the physios wife. I think we would have done well under the doc. As an aside Sexton got sacked after winning 9 on the trot I think it was. he would have had a new 10 year contract under the current clowns.
Yes because he was boring as feck. Worse than LVG, who himself was entertaining at least. I have no issues with Sexton getting sacked but you are right. These clowns would have given him a life time contract.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It might change after Woodwards gone. It might be Murtough puts something through to Arnold then he discusses it with Glazer in the future.
Quite sure Arnold is stepping into Woodys role. We are a fair bit into the structure of Murtoughs new role so if he had influence on this, its already showing.

wolvored

Yes because he was boring as feck. Worse than LVG, who himself was entertaining at least. I have no issues with Sexton getting sacked but you are right. These clowns would have given him a life time contract.
If I remember right Laurie Brown was still the physio under Big Ron and the start of Fergie.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

His position will be untenable quicker in the second scenario I guess.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Good post. Lots of people here are people who started supporting when we were winning under SAF. The excuse is that they were born after he started winning.
They would never understand the feeling of being not a top club even in the UK. Celtic and Rangers were bigger than United those days. With Liverpool being on top. Even Forrest won back to back EC. Playing in the 2nd division in a mud bath like Oxford United and how dare you call some of us Glory Hunters. The most important place for Manchester United is not Nou Camp. It's Wembley in 1968. 29th May 1968. The day the first English club won the EC. The day Manchester United won the EC the first time. The day an aircraft crash survivor,who lost half his team mates won the EC by scoring two goals. The day George Best dribbled from half way line and waltzed past the keeper to put United ahead.
:lol:And you're going round here calling others 'top red'.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Born and raised in Salford. Dad supported United and his Dad did too. My local PL club.

And don't start deflecting this from the original point. Anyone who hopes we lose is a pathetic little weasel. There's no debate to be had.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Born and raised in Salford. Dad supported United and his Dad did too. My local PL club.

And don't start deflecting this from the original point. Anyone who hopes we lose is a pathetic little weasel. There's no debate to be had.
You haven't answered my question.

When do you start to support united.
So you're the son of a glory hunter? Why yoy support united? Salford fc is that way mate.

Oh.. wait

pascell

Can't comprehend why anyone would want us to lose any game, especially vs City as they think that'll be the trigger pulled on Ole being sacked.

We're not sacking Ole until top 4 is mathematically impossible to achieve.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I am a beaten dog. I fully expect a tasty defeat today. I just dont care, I have already accepted it.
Even if by some miracle we do win it will be bittersweet as we know the cycle by now, it wont be long before we revert to type.

I want a new manager.

Polar

I want us to win but accept the damage that it will cause if it bolsters the manager’s chances of clinging on then it’ll be more harmful to us than a defeat IF such a result makes board wake up and appoint someone competent
If we win today Ole has proved he is our best option this season, not Conte and whoever short term manager.

If we win I think we’ll have a very exiting season ahead of us and we can wait until the the end of season to discuss if Ole should be replaced or not.

If we lose today, I think it’s no way back for Ole.

Handsome Devil

It's not about wanting to lose, it's the lack of feeling now when we experience another drubbing.
Used to be, after losing to rivals, I just wanted to fly off to Oregon and live in a cave with a family of Bigfoots for a few weeks.
Now I just shrug my shoulders.
That's on this Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.