Have you ever been closer to wanting us to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’m not sure there’s even any point in wanting us to lose. All bets are off now as to what will actually get Ole the sack.

But I didn’t let the Liverpool defeat get me down and I won’t let one tomorrow do it either. It’s all self inflicted.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I never want us to lose... I hope to god we smash them 9-0. However what's different for me is more the apathy that comes with losing.

If we lose normally I'm sad /angry /annoyed etc afterwards... But if we lose tomorrow though it won't ruin my mood.

Aussie_Red_Devil

I never want them to lose but if a win or wo now is enough to save Ole his job then that's just completely stupid of the board. One thing for sure is that I won't be getting up at 3.30am to watch it though. Had enough of that this season until i can trust I'm not completely wasting my time.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I want us to win, but if we did lose then some change might be a silver lining

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It is basic logic but some just don't want to apply it because emotions are a bitch.
1) IF you think that Ole is not good enough (and never will be) and holding us back then we need a new manager. True?
2) Now situation is basically loss against Spurs and he is gone. Right?
So answer is clear despite it sounds harsh and non fan thing to say.

BUT if you think that we can do great things with Ole and few wins will turn things around (so that he can do Fergie) then ok, i perfectly understand rage about threads like this.

Shark

@NotShark
The prospect of watching us pretty painful right now, no urge to go out for it or watch it with friends or family. Do I want us to lose? feck no and I want this circus to end as much as any of us but all we can currently do is support until the inevitable sacking.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If it got to the point where I started to feel that way going into a game then I'd just stop watching for a bit. Selfishly, football takes up too much of my spare time as is for me to spend it wanting negative things to happen. Better to shut off from the football, spend that time on other things that actually make you feel good and then tune back in once you hear something has changed in a few weeks time.

Nero

Need to win to keep Conte away from the club. Ole's at the wheel.

Red_toad

Some fans have already had moments of wanting us to lose for a change of manager. Big picture and all that.

I could never bring myself to do that. But tomorrow I have never been closer. And thats mainly because our decision makers are so inept they might take a slight win as a barometer of us being back in control.
Have never wanted us to lose and never wanted Ole as anything more than a caretaker as I knew it'd come to this point and I find it very unpleasant seeing fans wanting him sacked.

Longshanks

No. There are no guarantees in life and certainly not in football. Hopeing your team loses just to get rid of the manager in the hope of bringing in a different manager guarantees nothing, theres no saying it would be any better with a new manager.

No matter what you support the team, complain about the manager, criticise the players all you want. But when its game day get behind the team. A loss is painful whatever the situation and a win could be the start of a run of form. You just never know whats coming.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Towards the end of LVG reign - when we basically stopped scoring goals in first halves for a season - I felt losing was the only way to make it stop. Made me feel horrible, but couldn't shake the feeling that it was the only way.

Skills

Snitch
It's more the case i'm resigned to us losing at this moment in time. That's been the case for a while now though, like my sensitivity to the club has been emotionally blunted.

The manner of the Liverpool defeat got to me, but if that was a more respectable 3-0 loss I don't think i would've cared tbh. The wins don't give me a high & the losses don't matter that much.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Always want us to win, even if I don't think the manager is working out.

I guess you could create a hypothetical situation of already having won the league and losing would send Liverpool down, that might gather some support.

MalaysianRed7

To be honest guys, I’m sorry but if we win tomorrow then great, because we all just want United to do well at the end of the day. However, if we lose, then I won’t feel it at all and just tell myself ‘oh well, we’ve never been closer to ending this project’. It got like this at the end of Moyes’ time as well in terms of the numbness, although strangely never under Mourinho and LvG. The Glazers have caused this feeling of fans simply being apoplectic.

Just can’t wait for a new dawn now. Unless we hire Martinez or Southgate, I’m already getting excited for the new man. We truly need someone with experience and tactical nous.

gfive

I want Ole gone as much as the next guy. What we've seen from him in the time that he's been here is more than enough evidence that he isn't cut out for this club and there's no reason to believe that he ever will be.

The decision makers know all of this and hardly need further reason/justification to send him packing. Hoping that we lose or even thinking about it is something no supporter should stoop to, even if it would put Ole out of our collective misery.

Also, I want payback for that 1-6 game.

Revan

Assumptionman
Nope, I tried to do that under Moyes but couldn’t. Ole is a worse, but more likeable version of Moyes, so even harder.

Instead, I am just planning to not watch United until he is sacked.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I want the staff to miraculously find the solution to our problems and manage succesfully the team until their retirement around 2043.

Blood Mage

I flirted with the idea but then I came to my senses when I realised that dropping out of the CL again would set us back years. We cannot let ourselves become Arsenal.

Shame on the club that they're prepared to risk it happening because they're in denial about Ole.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Would rather lose than have Ole around for another 3 months.

Ole is taking this squad nowhere and change is needed immediately. Sad the board is too weak to do it after a 5-0 spanking at home by our biggest rivals.

HailtotheKing

There’s no way I could ever want Utd to lose. That just goes against every grain in my body. But I really don’t like the feeling of what happens if we win? It’s a weird and twisted time.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Just read that club is willing to wait until Summer to get Rodgers. Rodgers of all people , fecking Brendan.

Man , I don't know how to react to it. Should I cry or laugh ? Would a loss tomorrow change that? If yes, would a repeat of last week help ?

Wayne's World

If it means Ole is sacked tomorrow then yes, what the hell losing three points in comparison to this situation ?

Club is run by idiots who don't care and yes man of a manager

Sick to death of it

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Have you ever been closer to cutting your own fingers off to stop yourself reading RedCafe?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
No. There are no guarantees in life and certainly not in football. Hopeing your team loses just to get rid of the manager in the hope of bringing in a different manager guarantees nothing, theres no saying it would be any better with a new manager.

No matter what you support the team, complain about the manager, criticise the players all you want. But when its game day get behind the team. A loss is painful whatever the situation and a win could be the start of a run of form. You just never know whats coming.
What did you mean that was different
Couldn't have put it better myself.

FizzyWomack

Insulting another member
Are people really that low on intelligence not to see if we do lose it could benefit us in the future. If you believe ole isn’t the man to take us forward, then it would be better to get rid of him asap and delay the inevitable of him being sacked. I personally believe we will never win anything under ole, thus if we do lose I don’t think it’s a bad thing.

I hope we win the rest of our games this season and win the title and everything else but, sadly we all know that is very unlikely with ole as our manager.

I cannot cheer spurs on but if we lose and ole gets the sack, I think it’s best for us going forward.

ExoduS

I will never want us to lose. That is a bad strategy to get rid of a coach. Most of you are so convinced that replacing Ole will bring success. It most likely will not... It will most likely bring some initial success and then everything will go to sh1t again. Our problems are deeper than Ole... I can guarantee you that. I am Ole out, don't get me wrong, but we might be 3-4 managers away from some success.

Smores

I don't believe anyone saying they've never wanted us to lose a game. Across Moyes, LvG and Jose there's been plenty who did and mostly the latter i recall.

I'm just apathetic about the result tomorrow I'll celebrate a win and I'll be fine with a loss given it'll probably lead to a new manager.

Someone

Something
I never want to see us lose, but it's sad that the board can't see the inevitable and always waits till we're in the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.