Have you ever been closer to wanting us to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJJT

Disgrace of a thread, understand why you did it though I don’t think there’s many united fans posting on here these days, not proper ones over the age of 12 any way

izec

My love for United is so big that i want us to lose and sack the imposter with his rookie coaching staff. We can't wait until summer and appoint fecking Rodgers either. Change is needed now.

Our board must consist of Liverpool fans.

redrobed

Probably only when my fantasy football captain has been playing us

Regalia

Of course. Long term success of the club trumps all. 1 loss means nothing in the grand scheme of things if it sets us on course for prolonged success. Fluking wins now just means we increase the chances of being stuck with a clueless manager for years. No way in hell I'd pick that over a meaningless loss or two. People who can't see beyond that are self-serving and clearly do not care about the well-being of the club.

Flytan

I've never been as miserable as a football fan as during those final weeks under Jose and I still wasn't close to hoping for a loss back then.
But we all knew he was gonna be fired since he wanted to be. Ole doesn't. I don't know if we're even close to the light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't want to lose. In fact if I'll be honest I would love if we played like shit and won after a 95min sketchy penalty.

FatTails

Just can't get my head around it. So we get a new guy in and he gets one win in five. What are those muppets going to do then?
Imagine typing this.

Ole got three years here. This is the most patient club, board, and fans.

Stop making stuff up to stroke yourself and get a false sense of superiority. fecking forum is infested.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Leaking the fact that we want Rodgers to take over is one way to get the fans back behind Ole I suppose.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
i think the phrasing on the the topic is a bit wrong and upsetting some people here. I personally wouldn't want to lose a game, but also i wouldn't be to bothered with a loss if it means we get a better manager who actually has a philosophy that would bring us a lot of success in the years to come.

a one step back, two steps forward kinda thing.

That said, it would only apply if a new manager is appointed.

FerociousCorgis

too many people focusing on results. How many games last season would we play like shit and be lucky to scrape a win? Week after week we were told oh saf had games like these, win is a win, getting points in games like these things will get better.

well guess what, things never got better and now we are paying for it.

Never wanted us to lose, but there’s been occasions when I’ve known a win would just prolong the inevitable.

1) League Cup SF under Moyes, we lost. But although I wanted us to win, I knew if we did it would be worse long time.

2) Ole now, I want us to win Vs Spurs, but I know if we do it will just delay the inevitable

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
The entire senior figures within the club and their "Ole-in" stances disgusted me.

Revenue and sponsorships are closely intertwined with on-pitch success.

This is club is obviously living on its past glories and slowly it is decaying away.

So the answer is definite yes. Not wanting to see a relegation kind of meltdown, but bottom-half of the table finishing would knock some sense into them.

Zoo

I’m not going to lie I am there now. It’s because we all know that Ole has reached his ceiling and there is nothing to have any faith in. No track record, no performances, nothing.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Would never want us to lose, even though I was Ole never in, Id still want him to beat Spurs Atalanta and City in the next three (because they wont sack him just now) and then the board to appoint a new manager.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The obvious flaw in that is that a proven winner can keep us relevant and at least win cups whereas a shit coach wont.
Tried that with van Gaal and Mourinho. Yeah they both won a trophy or two but didn't last long after that.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Imagine typing this.

Stop making stuff up to stroke yourself and get a false sense of superiority. fecking forum is infested.
Wow, get this guy. :lol: Come on, tell us how you really feel.

cfkane

Never ever in any circumstance would I want United to lose. Never have, never will.

Phil

Imagine typing this.

:lol: correct.

Head says it's better for us long term to lose a few more so that we can be better in the future. My heart when I'm watching wants us to win. Conflicted.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I posted this in the Rodgers thread after seeing the tweets about us waiting until summer, but it's probably relevant here too...

If we leave appointing a new manager till the summer I can guarantee that we'll stick with Ole regardless. This is just the club trying to buy time to let the heat die down on Ole, as they know fans have short memories and are a fickle bunch.

It's either Ole until some time next season at the minimum or he makes a mess of the next 3 games and it's Conte. I can't see any other way this plays out knowing how we operate.

Basically if you want Conte as our next manager, or a change of manager at all, it has to happen now ie we do bad enough in the next three games to back Woodward & co into a corner. What a shit situation to be in as a United fan not blinded by loyalty to ex players.

And I could never want us to lose. It tears you apart. It's like one of the tasks in the movie Saw...

*Jigsaw voice* "support your team to a win in the next three games, but secure the future of Solskjaer and ultimately sacrifice the long term prospects of becoming a great team once again. The choice is yours" :lol:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I want a win, will be watching and hoping for a win. We need a win!

But I just hope the right decision is taken with more dropped points. We need Ole out as soon as possible or the season is done once again. We are going nowhere with him, so if he leaves with a loss, that would at least be some comfort.

Can’t stand us wasting more time with the players we have now.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Lose to Spurs tomorrow and (pending other results) we could be:
1. Stuck in 11th (ON PAGE 2!!)
2. 11 pts off top spot (in October!)
3. 6 pts off 4th spot
4. Nearer to the relegation spots than the top spot
5. Fighting Arsenal in 11th/12th on GD (yes, fecking Arsenal!!)
6. Due to face Atalanta, Man City, Watford, Villarreal, Chelsea and Arsenal going into December.

Can somebody explain to me why they would deliberately want to put their club in that position just to see the manager fired?

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
Lose to Spurs tomorrow and (pending other results) we could be:
1. Stuck in 11th (ON PAGE 2!!)
2. 11 pts off top spot (in October!)
3. 6 pts off 4th spot
4. Nearer to the relegation spots than the top spot
5. Fighting Arsenal in 11th/12th on GD (yes, fecking Arsenal!!)
6. Due to face Atalanta, Man City, Watford, Villarreal, Chelsea and Arsenal going into December.

Can somebody explain to me why they would deliberately want to put their club in that position just to see the manager fired?
Because, only extreme/critical situation will knock some sense into the senior figures who have been literally dinosaurs in managing the club.

stepic

If you want Ole out (which supposedly is like 90% of us) then of course we want United to lose. Because that helps push him out.

What is this weird thing where it’s deemed improper somehow to ever want us to lose an individual game. It’s ridiculous. We’re not going anywhere with Ole, hence why we want him gone. One game means feck all. The bigger picture of winning a league or CL is more important than beating a random team on a random game week.

If losing this weekend contributes to Ole being sacked, us getting a much better manager, which then gives us a better chance of winning the league (which it does) then yes - I hope we get spanked 5-0 if that’s what it takes. It’s for the greater good.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
If you could guarentee that Ole would be gone tomorrow it would be tempting, but still no. I want Utd to win but I will feel very relieved when Ole leaves.

berbasloth4

never ever ever wanted us to lose and if any of yous even have a little urge you want us beat i think yous should move on to another club.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I cannot want us to lose however this is as indifferent as I've ever felt. There's an overwhelming sense of disappointment in how far we've fallen behind and our stubbornness to move forward with the necessary single minded drive that our rivals have. If we win this weekend, it feels like... eh, so what? A fortune spent, CL footy gained. Sigh.

BaneIsPain

If you ask me after the game last week, I say almost. Now, I will not entertain the idea.

hobbers

Perfectly reasonable position now.

Ole is done. Every game with him managing is likely to go worse than if he wasn't. Every extra game he manages is more chance of dropping out the top four this season.

Greater good and all that.

Hawks2008

I'll never want us to lose, but I'm terrified of Ole pulling off some fluke wins and buying him more time to ruin our season completely.

Dan-Utd

I can't believe any true supporter would want his/hers/them/they's team to lose a game, especially not one who pays to actually go to games.

The club have invested heavily this season, you can't blame them for wanting to give Solskjaer time to turn it around, I personally don't think Solskjaer has it in him to be the one who leads us to the glory days because he seems too nice, Ferguson and Mourinho could be very awkward, Gaurdiola and Klopp can be awkward, what is it spurned guys n girls say? "nice ones finish last" but he's our manager, it's the club that pay his wages and I'll back him until the club decide to make a change.

Spark

I like the idea sometimes of the consequences of what would happen were we to lose. But whenever a game starts it never fails to ruin my day when we do ultimately lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.