Have you ever been closer to wanting us to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so indifferent to the whole thing. I'll miss the game purposely again, especially as I'm taking my daughter home for the first time in 2 years, we'll find better things to do.

I'll check the score at some point in the second half and if we've played well, I'll check in for MOTD and enjoy it. If we've played shit or are losing, I'll login to the caf, get an idea of just how shit we were and "hope" that might spell the end of this stupid experiment.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think this is the first time I have a feeling of hopelessness about the club, where I feel like there's multiple years of the same random bullshit. They're willing to write off a full season in November despite all the money we spent and the squad we have. They don't want to put in the effort to get a good coach or anyone who will stir the ship, but then want to get Rodgers next summer. Rodgers will then come in, get 2 years of mediocre performances where we maybe get top 4 once before we miss out later and then he gets replaced, but not early enough where we can save the season like now.

We have such a talented squad of players but I've never felt so hopeless about the future of United, how fecked is that?

romufc

I think this is the first time I have a feeling of hopelessness about the club, where I feel like there's multiple years of the same random bullshit. They're willing to write off a full season in November despite all the money we spent and the squad we have. They don't want to put in the effort to get a good coach or anyone who will stir the ship, but then want to get Rodgers next summer. Rodgers will then come in, get 2 years of mediocre performances where we maybe get top 4 once before we miss out later and then he gets replaced, but not early enough where we can save the season like now.

We have such a talented squad of players but I've never felt so hopeless about the future of United, how fecked is that?
Exactly how I feel about the current situation at this club. There is no ambition to win.

I saw a tweet from Fabrizio, it was quote from Woodward about focusing on the pitch. I am not sure what they want to see on the pitch. Looks like 1 win in 5 is success to them.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm currently not married nor do I have kids.

I say this because I'm guessing how I would treat my kid, something I love so much who is currently doing the wrong things at the wrong time and generally struggling with life.

I feel like I'd still give them all my attention because ultimately it is important and special to me.

I give the best advice I can and hope it sticks to their head so they can try make use of it.

Whilst I can get angry, fustrated and dissapointed by my kids actions - I still want to be there for them as the first person they can rely upon and I do this by following their actions almost like a CCTV.

I sit there looking at my kid and are disssapointed with the friends they hang out with and who they listen to. However even though it looks impossible now, I have confidence this will change for the better in the future and until then I will always be there with them through thick and thin.

:keano:

Foxbatt

I want us to lose now because I want to piss on the Glazers. I am fecking sick of them for messing us up. They are so incompetent they could not even sack the one of the most incompetent managers we ever had. They had to appoint someone because he won a cup tie. Anyone can win a cup game and with the players we have and had we should have won something at least with a decent manager.

hobbers

I want us to lose now because I want to piss on the Glazers. I am fecking sick of them for messing us up. They are so incompetent they could not even sack the one of the most incompetent managers we ever had. They had to appoint someone because he won a cup tie. Anyone can win a cup game and with the players we have and had we should have won something at least with a decent manager.
I'd take a few seasons of finishing mid table and losing a feck ton of matches if I knew it would mean the end of the Glazers ownership, their banker CEOs and their stooge managers.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Before the game I wanted a win because it's just been a while... took about 5 minutes for that to change to wanting us to lose.. to Watford.

Pace Abuser

I hope we lose. I hope Ole leaves feeling as ashamed and embarrassed as his lack of skill and talent warrants.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Well, at this point, you don't have to hope, just watch the game.

I was hoping we'd lose against Villareal after conceding and get a new guy in, so we could have a chance in the league but now we've got a zombie season to look forward to.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Still don’t want us to lose but I am laughing. This performance is hilarious. Again. You’ve gotta breathe it in and enjoy idiocy and negligence getting its comeuppance.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I don’t want a comeback. Will keep Ole in a job and we just can’t go on like this anymore.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Still don’t want us to lose but I am laughing. This performance is hilarious. Again. You’ve gotta breathe it in and enjoy idiocy and negligence getting its comeuppance.
My sentiments exactly. I still found myself being pissed that Watford got a retake of the pk, even if it meant them scoring and closer to us pushing Ole out.

They didn't even need to score their penalities and they're 2 up. :lol:

bosniamanutd

This looks like a mutiny of players. No energy in they performance whatsoever.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I've got to that stage now. Only because the board needs something extreme to make them act and surely this is it.
If it was a competent board that knew when a manager should be moved on we'd never be in this situation

Skills

Snitch
Not saying I want us to lose.

But I've been enjoying the Ole's at the wheel chant ringing around Vicarage road. It's got a great ring to it, and the Watford fans are loving it as well.

Cloud7

Woody and his board, and all the involved parties who haven’t done what needed to be done deserve this.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I honestly want us to lose so we can sack Ole.

L1nk

I want us to lose this. Winning this now will do more damage to the long term of this club

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I wanted a win but a point would do way more damage at this stage.

thejtrain

I wanted City to smash us is how close I wanted us to lose. Under these circumstances, a win does far more damage than a loss, so I'd prefer us to lose every game until the manager's sacked.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I wanted us to win at kick off but when we were 2-1 down I didn't want us to equalise, I think that might be the first time ever. May God have mercy on me.

sdb4884

A result would have given no purpose, this is the result we needed sadly to prove how shitty things have gotten. Although the Glazers are fecking stupid morons I don't think they even know what's going on.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The question has now gone from ‘do you want us to lose?’ to ‘do you want Ole to be at the wheel against Chelsea because you’re developing a kink for being thrashed?’ This board looks sus.

led_scholes

When I made a similar thread (which was locked), I got ridiculed and was told I was not a proper fan. The Atalanta comeback gave some of them an air of superiority, believing that my thread was knee-jerk, that I was stupid that couldn't see how amazing Ole was.

Few weeks later I can tell them: actually you are not proper Manchester United fans. You are just a bunch of conservative utopians, who can't look further than one game, lack basic football understanding and enjoy getting humiliated by Watford and Liverpool.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
When I made a similar thread (which was locked), I got ridiculed and was told I was not a proper fan. The Atalanta comeback gave some of them an air of superiority, believing that my thread was knee-jerk, that I was stupid that couldn't see how amazing Ole was.

Few weeks later I can tell them: actually you are not proper Manchester United fans. You are just a bunch of conservative utopians, who can't look further than one game, lack basic football understanding and enjoy getting humiliated by Watford and Liverpool.
Didn't you claim you were counter jinxing it and didn't actually mean it ?

Bertie Wooster

I never want us to lose, ever.

But with each of the managers post-Fergie it's reached a point towards the end where I just expect it and am almost resigned to it. And that happened a good few games ago with Ole. The only thing that surprised me today was the level of defeat - I expected a one goal defeat to the likes of Watford, and a 4-1 hammering by the likes of Liverpool, City, Chelsea, etc.

Getting hammered by Watford added another layer of demoralisation that I didn't even think possible. ☹

led_scholes

Didn't you claim you were counter jinxing it and didn't actually mean it ?
I joked at 2-2 that I had countered jinx it. As I said then I wouldnt prefer to lose per se. But thinking that a lose Vs Atalanta may lead to his sacking, I welcomed it, as it meant that we would be better in the long (and short) term future. Alas, the victory over Atalanta led to 3 humiliations, two of them against our rivals.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's definitely that part of the cycle where the pain has long gone, and it's that numbness that needs a manager change.

Status
Not open for further replies.