Film HEAT 2

Sweet Square

I go back to this video every now and again. It's the best one out there of Mann's stuff I think (unless you know another better one?)
Yep I think that’s the best one to capture the overall Mann vibe.

Also I do like this trailer for Thief

Thief has to be one greatest director debuts of all time.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yep I think that’s the best one to capture the overall Mann vibe.

Also I do like this trailer for Thief

Thief has to be one greatest director debuts of all time.
Just watched it again last night. Great film. The stylistic trajectory from The Thief to Miami Vice (the TV show) to Heat is quite tangible.

Sweet Square

Just watched it again last night. Great film. The stylistic trajectory from The Thief to Miami Vice (the TV show) to Heat is quite tangible.
Definitely agree. During lockdown I decided to watch Mann filmography from the start all the the way up to Heat and the stylistic trajectory was brilliant to watch. Manhunter is imo where it Mann and Dante Spinotti really nail the uses of blues.

I like this one too

Oh I haven’t seen this one. That was great. I’ll never get tired of that Moby tune. It’s so perfect.

Simbo

Just noticed there's a channel dedicated to Michael Mann on Sky... 303 MichaelMannHD. His catalogue isn't that large, do they do a difference director each week or summit?

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Just noticed there's a channel dedicated to Michael Mann on Sky... 303 MichaelMannHD. His catalogue isn't that large, do they do a difference director each week or summit?
They do have specially curated channels from time to time; I imagine this one exists because Ferrari is now available to watch and being advertised as a 'Sky Original'.

Reiver

I think the first film is a prime example example of overrated. I look forward to anything better in the sequel.

arnie_ni

Watched heat twice this week :lol:

Reiver

It's not me that came up with the formula. For all you people that think Heat was such a good film, stick any other 2 half decent
It's true.

De Niro and Pacino are best friends but fall in love with the same woman, hijinks ensue = fan boys drool

De Niro and Pacino wake up in a space station in the far flung future and contemplate life = fan boys drool.

De Niro and Pacino compare the size, colour and consistency of their shits and how it relates to the human condition = fan boys drool.

HookedOnAPhelan

It's not me that came up with the formula. For all you people that think Heat was such a good film, stick any other 2 half decent
It's true.

De Niro and Pacino are best friends but fall in love with the same woman, hijinks ensue = fan boys drool

De Niro and Pacino wake up in a space station in the far flung future and contemplate life = fan boys drool.

De Niro and Pacino compare the size, colour and consistency of their shits and how it relates to the human condition = fan boys drool.
Right. Which is why Righteous Kill is considered a classic I suppose.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It's true.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's true.

Get out!