Henrikh Mkhitaryan | BVB confirm transfer

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Do you want him for the reported €38m?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I really don't think he will replicate last season's form in the EPL.. he is a good player but I don't even think he's top 5 as a winger, had hoped we would target someone higher profile but he is an improvement on what we have..
Like who?

Bruno8

Perfect signing. We don't need world beaters (even tho for 9 months lst year he was one). We need disciplined players that can play in mourinhos defensive style, work hard and press high. Could be an absolute key player for us.

Anyone shine any light on injury record?
Isn't that the same style LvG was slated for????

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
@slig is probably frantically searching the media for confirmation of the 38m euro sum plus any mention of a new chair as we speak.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
No, We should be looking to sign either players all the way at the top of their game or young players.. he is neither. Go for someone like Draxler or Coman, or spend another 20 mill and get James Rodriguez or Reus.

Nothing to do with Dortmund, I just don't think Miki is the solution to our winger problem. I would love to be proven wrong but I feel that if we are going out and ready to spend then spend on someone who is at the same level as Alexis/Hazard/De Bruyne.
You think Draxler is the answer but Micky who has been the far better player isn't?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I really don't think he will replicate last season's form in the EPL.. he is a good player but I don't even think he's top 5 as a winger, had hoped we would target someone higher profile but he is an improvement on what we have..
He's a highly skilled, highly intelligent footballer and as such I think he'll flourish in the league. Look at Ozil, Silva, KDB, Hazard et al.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
LVG's wasn't defensive. It was an entirely non-attacking and bore you to death style.
Sugarcoat it how you want, but playing 2 holding midfielders against lesser teams sounds quite defensive to me.

Mr.Plow

Nice, Dortmund always sell at such low prices. £25m I'm the PL wouldn't even buy you Matt Derbyshire.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mick - it - tar - rhian (like ryan with an I instead)

Put it all together quickly and you get the idea.
Ah I can say his name now.

I reckon the caf will just start calling him Mike anyway.

Anduin

What? Why the feck did he live at the training ground?
I remember seeing a documentary about Shakhtar's Brazilians. They all live(d) in the same apartment building, private security firm etc. included. There was an interview with Douglas Costa (? can't remember if it was him or maybe one of the other Brazilians) in which he said that they hardly leave the complex (only for training) and only really feel safe there. Still doesn't answer the question why Mkhitaryan, a fellow Eastern European, lived on the training ground.

VanGaalEra

That's 31.83M euros. Normally, I wouldn't give a damn but I just want to laugh at @slig and hope that price is true.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How you read what I said as sugarcoating is really beyond me.
Just in saying LVG wasn't defensive. He didn't give the 2 holders much flexibility to venture in to the box at all. All they were allowed to do was hold their position and distribute the ball sideways - even vs Bournemouth. Put Mourinho in that position and he'd allow for more flexibility.

I'm sure Mkhitarian would flourish under Mourinho, but he needs to have the mental strength to not be phased by physicality and competition in the Premier League.

Siorac

I remember seeing a documentary about Shakhtar's Brazilians. They all live(d) in the same apartment building, private security firm etc. included. There was an interview with Douglas Costa (? can't remember if it was him or maybe one of the other Brazilians) in which he said that they hardly leave the complex (only for training) and only really feel safe there. Still doesn't answer the question why Mkhitaryan, a fellow Eastern European, lived on the training ground.
Maybe he was afraid of being mugged? Or he's just a tight git who didn't want to spend money on a place.

Riz

Very happy with this. If £26.3m is the real figure then it's even better business.

Remains to be seen whether he's going to play #10 or right wing and I suppose that depends on what formation we play. I think our squad is better suited to 433 at this moment in time so a front three of:

Martial - Zlatan - Mkhitaryan

looks good to me. It would mean we'd need support from midfield so capable contributors like Rooney and Herrera may be used. Of course this excludes any further signings we might make.

I think Mkhi will add a new dimension to our attack as he, Zlatan and Martial all have different skill sets really. It would fit in with Mourinho's wing preference for a goal threat on one side and a hard working assist king on the other.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Can't see why people wouldn't want him to be fair. The question marks over this transfer you'd have over most transfers (that is there are no transfers without risk) but he's productive cheap and in a prime age range (also speaks good English)

izec

What? Why the feck did he live at the training ground?
When he arrived in Ukraine, he didnt have an appartment or house, he was also alone, so he lived on the training ground. Maybe he thought he doesnt need more, dont know. Our Armenians here can maybe say more, but he is extremely humble and a top professional. He just cares for football and making most of his opportunities, thats why i want him badly.

Natener

Just in saying LVG wasn't defensive. He didn't give the 2 holders much flexibility to venture in to the box at all. All they were allowed to do was hold their position and distribute the ball sideways - even vs Bournemouth. Put Mourinho in that position and he'd allow for more flexibility.

I'm sure Mkhitarian would flourish under Mourinho, but he needs to have the mental strength to not be phased by physicality and competition in the Premier League.
"It was an entirely non-attacking and bore you to death style."
Not a fan of satire posts I see. This has been an incredibly disturbing exchange of posts between us. :lol:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Isn't that the same style LvG was slated for????
Completely different style. LVG was set up completely focused on possession for possessions sake. I do think he would have liked our attacking three to be more attacking, but he proved unable to get the players he currently had to do that, and unable to buy the right players who would have been able to do it.

Mourinho will make sure we are solid defensively (especially against other top teams), but when we attack he will want us attacking hard, fast and with purpose. It will be more like how Fergie had us playing 07-10.

Last edited:

Geordopolous

Can't see why people wouldn't want him to be fair. The question marks over this transfer you'd have over most transfers (that is there are no transfers without risk) but he's productive cheap and in a prime age range (also speaks good English)
If you approve he must be something special

EyeInTheSky

For the price being quoted(26.3 mil.) it's an outstanding deal. Even for 35 mil. pounds it would have a good deal as good wingers/ midfielders are now costing around 40 millions GBP.
Finally Woodward has done some smart negotiation and we have not over-paid like we had in last 2 summer windows.
Yes good all round. I would say it was JM with his relationship with agents that he got the fee down. Woody would not have been scared to splash the cash if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.