Henrikh Mkhitaryan | BVB confirm transfer

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Do you want him for the reported €38m?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

baanke laal

banned
Absolute bargain
Sky has deal done for 23.3M, good price I must say. fecking Pedro cost Chelsea more than that last year and he was strictly moving for the paycheck having exhausted all his ambition. Mkhitaryan seems like he wants to achieve something.
waiting for @slig to twist it into a positive after being cocky and condescending towards all of us past few weeks :smirk:

Edit: I request some mod to update the price to €32m in the thread title, so slig gets into rage mode as soon as he reads the thread title

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
£26.3m fee, surely that can't be right? That's an absolute steal!

JackXX

Not a bad price for us! Have to admit I know very little about him

mbb8

Not a bad price for us! Have to admit I know very little about him
if you know little about him, how can you valuate his worth?

hey, I've got this great portfolio of stocks you might want to buy!!!:p

OohAahMartial

Welcome Targaryen! Do we get his Dragons too? Congratulations to Woody on breaking down their resistance and getting a terrific price! So, is that the #10 spot covered or right wing? Can we expect another signing for one of those positions?

rampo

What a time for #Brexit

We should buy all the players we want in this transfer window :)

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Real positive signing and at reasonable price, this is going to be a good transfer window for us.

JackXX

if you know little about him, how can you valuate his worth?

hey, I've got this great portfolio of stocks you might want to buy!!!:p
I never did valuate him. Its not often we pay less than reported fees. That's what I meant.

Fer

Mkhitaryan had his best season playing on the right for Dortmund
I don't disagree with that. I just prefer skillful players on the wings like Hazard, Draxler, Mahrez, Coman, Neymar, Sane, etc. Also, I like when we go for young talents like Martial, that's why I wanted to see in our team Renato Sanches and Ousmane Dembele.

I would prefer to play Mkhitaryan behind the striker with freedom to move in the attack and create opportunities. But that's just my preference, that doesn't mean that I'm right and that's his best position. Because as you mentioned, he had his best season playing on the right.

If Mkhitaryan is going to play as a winger, what midfield would you like to see next season?

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Looks like I'm buying a kit this number. So proud to have a fellow Armenian representing our club. I just hope people's expectations are not sky high necause he will most probably fall short of them.

mbb8

Looks like I'm buying a kit this number. So proud to have a fellow Armenian representing our club. I just hope people's expectations are not sky high necause he will most probably fall short of them.
don't worry. Di Maria and Depay have done wonders for our expectations. If he doesn't trip over himself and heads the ball in the right direction rather than at De Gea's net, we will think him a success.

OohAahMartial

Seems many of his assists came from corner kicks last season. Seeing how dreadful we were last season in this department I presume he will take them for us, ending those annoying short corners.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Seems many of his assists came from corner kicks last season. Seeing how dreadful we were last season in this department I presume he will take them for us, ending those annoying short corners.
With Zlatan in the box :drool:

madRedDevil07

For the price being quoted(26.3 mil.) it's an outstanding deal. Even for 35 mil. pounds it would have a good deal as good wingers/ midfielders are now costing around 40 millions GBP.
Finally Woodward has done some smart negotiation and we have not over-paid like we had in last 2 summer windows.

madRedDevil07

From what i have been seen his 70% + assists have come from counter attacks when he passed it to Reus/ Auba in the box. He would improve that aspect massively. I am not sold that he would improve our goal scoring abilities from set pieces a lot. I think last season deliveries were good from corners but we didn't have even average headers of the ball from set pieces to score apart from Smalling who is decent/good. Also success from set pieces largely depends on the coaching method opted by Manager.

Reactions: Penna

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
For the price being quoted(26.3 mil.) it's an outstanding deal. Even for 35 mil. pounds it would have a good deal as good wingers/ midfielders are now costing around 40 millions GBP.
Finally Woodward has done some smart negotiation and we have not over-paid like we had in last 2 summer windows.
Be fair to Woodward, our deals last summer at the time looked like excellent deals in terms of pricing, very good deals for Depay, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin and Darmian.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I've been harsh on Woody but if we close Mkhitaryan for 23.5m and Zlatan by early July.. that's very good business conducted early in the summer at great prices (along with Eric Bailly too).

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Welcome Targaryen! Do we get his Dragons too? Congratulations to Woody on breaking down their resistance and getting a terrific price! So, is that the #10 spot covered or right wing? Can we expect another signing for one of those positions?
He can player either but I'd love a right winger as well so he can play number 10. Don't think Mourinho will want Mata there.

Zhadow

Not seen too much of this guy in fairness. Is he the real deal?
He is a great footballer. And he was voted Player of the year by all Bundesliga players last season. But I do hope he settles faster in England than he did in Germany. He only had one good year there.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I really don't think he will replicate last season's form in the EPL.. he is a good player but I don't even think he's top 5 as a winger, had hoped we would target someone higher profile but he is an improvement on what we have..

It's obviously a great chance to gloat at @slig after he made some rather silly claims but at the end of the day it's a good deal for all.

As I said a week ago, with just a year left on his contract the threat of Bayern taking another player from them next summer and continuig to smear the Dortmund brand loomed large. This is a good fair deal for eveyone and it's cheaper than Hummels which we all agreed was fair, Bayern as a rival who have fecked them over so many times in recent years should of course pay a premium.

OohAahMartial

He can player either but I'd love a right winger as well so he can play number 10. Don't think Mourinho will want Mata there.
After watching the highlights video he seemed to be very versatile, even crossing in well from the left. Maybe he will play a couple of positions for us too depending on form and injuries. One thing is for sure, next season we will score more goals than this past season.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Would be a great price. Fantastic transfer, now make Zlatan official too. People are raving about fecking City when we are doing the real business this summer :D

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Dortmund insist the fee is €40m.
Kicker ar saying Mkhitaryan paid some of the fee himself. I like him even more.

After watching the highlights video he seemed to be very versatile, even crossing in well from the left. Maybe he will play a couple of positions for us too depending on form and injuries. One thing is for sure, next season we will score more goals than this past season.
Very much doubt we'll buy anyone else in the forward positions, Memphis will of course be given chances this season to show that he has now settled in the Prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.