Henrikh Mkhitaryan | BVB confirm transfer

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Do you want him for the reported €38m?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I like this deal.

Facts about Mkhitaryan from wikipedia:

- He is fluent in six languages

- His dad's name is Hamlet. Hamlet sadly died of a brain tumour aged 33 and this has had a major effect on our Henrikh.

The rest is silence.

Last edited:

CM

Given what Di Marzio has been reporting, I'd be surprised if Dortmund accepted €32m. I suppose it makes a change that the British media aren't inflating the fee as much as possible though!

Sereques

Last year of his contact though, so quite expensive if you consider United could have just waited a year to get him free
MUFC waits a year to get him

Another club comes in and buy the player for 26M

Same poster comes to Caf and ask for Woody resignation :rolleyes:

Bogga

One thing I've learnt is not to cheer before that famous fat lady sings... how many times haven't various player signed for us and in the next minute appear outside Munich or Barcelona?

Nick7

Given what Di Marzio has been reporting, I'd be surprised if Dortmund accepted €32m. I suppose it makes a change that the British media aren't inflating the fee as much as possible though!
The effects of Brexit.

BarstoolProphet

Considering that SSNHQ reported that West Ham bid £28m for Lacazette last week after supposedly having a £31m (as reported by the same outlet) bid for the same player rejected a month ago, I'm now starting to believe that british journalists struggle badly with the currency rates post-Brexit.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Whether it's 26m or 32m Either way it's a great deal for a top quality player.

Really happy with it, and think he will fit into our squad well. Him speaking multiple languages and already being friends with Januzaj will help.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Should we sign him, hopefully the fans make him feel welcome - even if he misses a chance. We don't want another Forlan type situation where the pressure they put on themselves is too much. Haven't seen him other then clips but it's great for his country. There are no little countries :) Goodluck Henrikh

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Seems like this one is looking like enough of a goer to comment on.

I can't spell his surname, his Caf age is roughly 73, I've never really been sure on what his best position is, and he's got a nose that could rival Rashfords.

I approve of this deal.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
We won´t. The "Ruhrnachrichten", which is a far better source in terms of Dortmund affairs than anything else so far, state the fee at around 40 Mil.€ according to their own sources.

That also means, the deal is indeed basically done. Good luck with him.

Viggers

A quality player with 1 year left will remain in Dortmund for a whole year without a club kidnapping him?

Seriously now?
Not suggesting this is a good idea at all for this scenario, but does anybody with a bit of knowledge on transfers know if this kind of deal would be possible:

buy him now for ~5m and loan him back for a year. It ensures that we don't miss out on our player, it ensures that BVB get more than a free transfer and they also keep the player for another year.

It popped into my head while BVB were looking likely to refuse to sell

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Not suggesting this is a good idea at all for this scenario, but does anybody with a bit of knowledge on transfers know if this kind of deal would be possible:

buy him now for ~5m and loan him back for a year. It ensures that we don't miss out on our player, it ensures that BVB get more than a free transfer and they also keep the player for another year.

Pretty sure we could get him to sign a pre contract and join us when his Dortmund contract is up without having to pay the 5mil.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

I don't think either club will want to do that. We miss out on a year in his prime and Is 5 mil really worth it for Dortmund. While they have to keep an unhappy player.

Martial_Law

apparently the only way to validate his entrance to the club is with a rendition of the Macarena, replacing said Macarena with Mkhitaryiarmenian

AndyJ1985

Of course it would be possible. However it sounds pointless when we could sign him for free without dealing with Dortmund. But personally I'd rather we signed him now so I can enjoy watching him playing for us this upcoming season. I don't care whether it costs us £26m or €40m. Football forums are becoming more about accounting these days and it's tedious.

Viggers

I absolutely agree that its better to pay the money now than mess around, I was just pondering alternatives as I thought it was dead in the water a week or so ago.

Tiber

26.3m.. With the pound being worthless, its as good as free.
Great piece of business.
This has been overhyped, the pound was lower than it is now within the last 2 years, it isnt having a big impact on football transfers at the moment

StonedhamsterZA

Of course it would be possible. However it sounds pointless when we could sign him for free without dealing with Dortmund. But personally I'd rather we signed him now so I can enjoy watching him playing for us this upcoming season. I don't care whether it costs us £26m or €40m. Football forums are becoming more about accounting these days and it's tedious.
One issue is that Dortmund would have no reason to play him if they decided to promote a younger player to the position or sign a replacement. In an ideal world they'd play him, but the risk would be that they just let him rot on the bench.

I'd love to see how Dortmund would have reacted if Gotze had announced his move to Bayern even earlier than they did. I think the Dortmund fans are REALLY passionate, and if they knew Mkhi was leaving, they'd probably be very unhappy to see him playing.

ChrisNelson

I'm always wary of players that have been linked with Liverpool within the last 12 months but this guy has come on leaps and bounds in that period, looks a top player and would definitely improve the side. And if he signs soon I have a month and a bit to learn how to spell his name before the season starts!

sosolid4u09

I really believe this signing is a game changer for the premier league, a bit like silva ozil hazard and mata (for Chelsea) were.

he has absolutely incredible vision. exceptional work rate. and scores goals! I think he's the signing of the season in europe i really do.

GJNJ

I'm always wary of players that have been linked with Liverpool within the last 12 months but this guy has come on leaps and bounds in that period, looks a top player and would definitely improve the side. And if he signs soon I have a month and a bit to learn how to spell his name before the season starts!
He had a really good season last year so maybe he thought "shit, I'm being linked with Liverpool, I'd better up my game".

RedorDead21

So that's the German players player of the year signed, the best player in the French league coming for free, how about Pogba representing the Italian league as the cherry on top....

Status
Not open for further replies.