Henrikh Mkhitaryan | BVB confirm transfer

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Do you want him for the reported €38m?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You seem confused. For your info he just left Ligue Ön. Maybe you had too much poisonous frogs lately? :D
You say that but our Anthony Modeste is doing good in the Teutonic league. Dembélé will bring real football to Germany.;)

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Not sure if I believe that given Raiola's comments that he wants to join us. If he were an Arsenal fan and had a chance to join them and play for them in the CL, then surely he would be pining to join them.
Ramsey was United fan but signed for arsenal when United were PL and CL champions. Man Utd even announced the deal.

Varun

Staff
Not sure if I believe that given Raiola's comments that he wants to join us. If he were an Arsenal fan and had a chance to join them and play for them in the CL, then surely he would be pining to join them.
He said something about Arsenal ages back. Before he even joined Dortmund.

Riz

Ramsey was United fan but signed for arsenal when United were PL and CL champions. Man Utd even announced the deal.
Yeh this. Being a fan is a very small factor unless you are a die hard supporter which it's unlikely considering his background. I'm a fan of Apple but if Samsung offered me a role for more money under a better manager I'd probably go work for them.

Mainoldo

Alot of the Liverpool players over the years were Everton fans a kids.

Also Welbeck didn't have any problems against us.
Wes Brown was a Liverpool fan so was Solskjaer. Rio Ferdinand is 100% United but he grow up in London probably supporting West Ham and down their if your not a United fan your pretty much ABU.

Super_Mario

I think most peoples first choice RW or No 10 signing would be Mahrez. Both him and Mkhitaryan have had fantastic seasons but Mahrez has that all important EPL experience.

Assuming it would be incredibly difficult to sign Mahrez, Mkhitaryan is comfortably the next best option.

GJNJ

John Terry was a man utd fan.....have we done enough of these yet? :)

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It'll be a long drawn out affair if we do eventually manage to get him. Dortmund will want to show that they're not doormats and it'll drag out till late August. Depends on whether we want to go the whole hog or press on with other targets.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Maybe they are already working to sign a player to replace Mkhi right now. Once they have their target, they could let the transfer happen.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I think most peoples first choice RW or No 10 signing would be Mahrez. Both him and Mkhitaryan have had fantastic seasons but Mahrez has that all important EPL experience.

Assuming it would be incredibly difficult to sign Mahrez, Mkhitaryan is comfortably the next best option.
How about both?

Zlatan
martial Mkhit. Mahrez
cm cm
back four

:drool:

Judas

Open to offers
It'll be a long drawn out affair if we do eventually manage to get him. Dortmund will want to show that they're not doormats and it'll drag out till late August. Depends on whether we want to go the whole hog or press on with other targets.
No it won't, that sort of thing is reserved for for the real superstars of the game, he isn't one of them.

If this is going to happen, which I think it will, it'll be done by the time we go on tour, if not long before then.

Geordopolous

I'm a Manchester United fan but I'm playing All age division 3. So I wouldn't read too much in Mkhitaryan being an Arsenal fan.

MartialsBeard

I must be the only person on here that isn't that impressed with the idea of signing him, he does not seem to be much of a player to beat his man and seems like more of a playmaker. For the RW position we should be looking at a player that can compliment Martial on the other side a similar talent and speed. Granted I haven't seen Miki play much.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I must be the only person on here that isn't that impressed with the idea of signing him, he does not seem to be much of a player to beat his man and seems like more of a playmaker. For the RW position we should be looking at a player that can compliment Martial on the other side a similar talent and speed. Granted I haven't seen Miki play much.
So much contradiction in one post. And I never understand when people just say they dont want a player when they haven't seen him play. I mean how? How do you come to that conclusion? He isn't a big enough name in football for you?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Surely this would mean the end of Juan? In theory given the two contract situations, a capable negotiator like Levy could replace Mata with Mhiki for similar transfer values, and even lower wages.

Had to be harsh about it, but I could deal with that even if I don't think Mhikitaryan is a sure thing.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'm a Manchester United fan but I'm playing All age division 3. So I wouldn't read too much in Mkhitaryan being an Arsenal fan.
And let's remember Starfish, McManaman, Carragher and Fowler all grew up supporting Everton and we all know who those four played for in Merseyside derbies. Mkhitaryan growing up supporting Arsenal is no trump card, he'll join the club he wants to join and that appears to be United.

Last edited:

Moonred

Just call him Mickey Ryan or Mickey Targaryen. Anyway, Mkhitaryan will be an very very good signing. Immensely productive and even the season before last when the whole of Dortmund suffered, it always seemed a question of confidence than anything else. His general play is extremely fluid and it might be just the way Dortmund plays that made it look great but so much better than a Mata.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Mk-hit-a-ryan, break it up like that and it's easy to remember.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Mkhitaryan Ibrahimovic Martial and Rashford as the front 4 would be immense next season. Great blend of youth and experience and just overall fantastic.

Really want this to happen, i think it can now. Raiola says we are still negotiating so there's a massive chance we can get him.

If Dortmund really did want to keep him they would not negotiate with us. End of.

Enigma_87

You know who
this is happening isn't it? Hoped Arsenal would pull out a deal before us. I don't think he'll be successful here.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I was thinking, why can't we give Dortmund a player to make up signing Mkhitaryan plus cash. I was thinking Juan Mata but he doesn't really fit their system, but he would still be a good player for them.

Geordopolous

And let's remember Starfish, McManaman, Carragher and Fowler all grew up supporting Everton and we all know who those four played for in Merseyside derbies. Mkhitaryan growing up supporting Arsenal is no trump card, he'll join the club he wants to join and that appears to be United.
Is the answer Liverpool?

ash_86

Micky is a very good player and i would love for us to get him, but i hate what's happening here. Dortmund is a great club and they have no obligation to sell him as they have a standing contract with the player. Now, these cruel agents swoops in and leaks out the news in the middle of the negotiations , hoping that the press and media coverage will force the hand of the club. They bring it to a state where the club realizes it's better to sell a unhappy player than to keep him. I know thats how modern football works , but what a cruel way to force your hand. This sounds like a Madrid type of transfer :(

Reactions: Varun

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hopefully we can come to an arrangement with Dortmund, but you'd have to respect them if they told us to bugger off, and I could well see them doing it. We all wanted a tough stance around here when De Gea was in a similar situation, and we were a old man's technical balls-up away from flogging him anyway. It could be them squeezing more out of us, or it could be genuine. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter after them losing Hummels and Gundogan.

MartialsBeard

So much contradiction in one post. And I never understand when people just say they dont want a player when they haven't seen him play. I mean how? How do you come to that conclusion? He isn't a big enough name in football for you?
Its not about names, its about who Ive seen play etc, I was just hoping we would get a nippy skillful speed merchant to mirror Martial on the other side, I havent seen much of Miky so I wanted to be convinced. Would he for instance have the same impact as a player like Willian?

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Micky is a very good player and i would love for us to get him, but i hate what's happening here. Dortmund is a great club and they have no obligation to sell him as they have a standing contract with the player. Now, these cruel agents swoops in and leaks out the news in the middle of the negotiations , hoping that the press and media coverage will force the hand of the club. They bring it to a state where the club realizes it's better to sell a unhappy player than to keep him. I know thats how modern football works , but what a cruel way to force your hand. This sounds like a Madrid type of transfer :(
I don't mind.

Dortmund would do the same to a smaller team.

This is how Rojo forced his move here. We really arent above that either.

Truedevil

Hopefully we can come to an arrangement with Dortmund, but you'd have to respect them if they told us to bugger off, and I could well see them doing it. We all wanted a tough stance around here when De Gea was in a similar situation, and we were a old man's technical balls-up away from flogging him anyway. It could be them squeezing more out of us, or it could be genuine. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter after them losing Hummels and Gundogan.
That's true but De Gea never said a word last Summer whilst Mkhitaryan declared his clear desire of moving to United in the middle of fecking June through his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.