Henrikh Mkhitaryan | BVB confirm transfer

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Do you want him for the reported €38m?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisDanGaal

Here's hoping he's played in his best position at the number 10. Can't wait to see some of that link up play. It will do wonders for our attacking play.
His crossing is so strong though. Dortmund don't have a particularly tall team, but if he played for us and we had zlatan do you not think he could offer more out wide just pinging the ball in? Genuinely asking as I haven't seen a lot of him, just a bit of Europa.

ti vu

Isn't he more of an outside forward than a winger?
Who? Mkhitaryan? More like David Silva with good workrate putting a shift in defensive duty. So wing play maker.

Messi? He is the attack. Allow him freedom to play where he see fit.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Has there been any expert reviews on him, or even from a Dortmund fan?

With due respect, some of the opinions on here i can no longer trust especially after a few were raving about Embolo who turned out to be dogshit!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Not sure if he's any more of an upgrade on Mata. We're excited due to him being a new toy.

ti vu

If we signed Messi, some would moan.
29 years old. Only has one too season left and on a huge wage. Not rapid and strong enough for the PL. Not work hard enough defensively. Can't compete for most aerial ball... Can he perform in one of those rainy cold night away to Stoke?

Sultan

Watching those clips Dortmund play a very different brand of football to what we've witnessed over the last few years. Quick passing and movement. He'll need willing runners around him to succeed. Even Kagawa looked a class act in that Dortmund system. Might suit Herrera's game most. Not sure if BFS, Morgan or Carrick are suited to his game. Time will tell.

klayton88

I like his nickname from a Dortmund fan on the Spurs highlight video - Marathon-Man Miki. Be interested to know what he like defensivley, does he do his bit? With that nickname I'm assuming he covers some ground.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Watching those clips Dortmund play a very different brand of football to what we've witnessed over the last few years. Quick passing and movement. He'll need willing runners around him to succeed. Even Kagawa looked a class act in that Dortmund system. Might suit Herrera's game most. Not sure if BFS, Morgan or Carrick are suited to his game. Time will tell.
Thankfully Sults I think we can leave that very lvg brand of football in the past. I expect us to be playing a much faster, more attacking and more exciting type of football this coming season.

settembrini

More and more im wondering if hes being signed for the 10 position
I think he obviously has.

He's a very good player and I'll be happy if we sign him. My only concern is that I don't think he will work well with Ibrahimovic, however I think Martial and Rashford will thrive with him in the team.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Reading some of the comments here, would make one think he's never played football other than Dortmund.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
vs Spurs

vs Liverpool

Granted these are just short clips, but I don't see anything that extraordinary about him in there. He's a solid player no doubt, but one that seems to thrive in particular due to Dortmund's system. He has plenty of space to work with and plenty of players with good movement to pick out. He's not poor by any means, just like Kagawa never was, but I seem him as another type of guy who looks much better due to Dortmund's style of play.
If we spend 38 million on him, I more than anything hope to be wrong, but I just have a bad feeling about this.

Sultan

Thankfully Sults I think we can leave that very lvg brand of football in the past. I expect us to be playing a much faster, more attacking and more exciting type of football this coming season.
To do that we'll need more than Mkhi to change that around. Carrick and BFS are not suited to that type of football these days.

ti vu

Reading some of the comments here, would make one think he's never played football other than Dortmund.
That's kind to say. Sound more like he only exist for few months prior to the link to United.

ChaddyP

I think he obviously has.

He's a very good player and I'll be happy if we sign him. My only concern is that I don't think he will work well with Ibrahimovic, however I think Martial and Rashford will absolutely thrive with him creating for them.

I think you are correct. I just hope we are signing players with a sense of vision for what we want to do in the coming season and not just signing players for the sake of it like it seemed under LVG especially in his first year. If he is signed for the 10 spot who is the Right winger going to be then. Assuming we are not going to go forward with mata or lingard as first choice on the right. Maybe he sees this as a spot for rashford ? Maybe when we sign him JM will give us some insight into where he will mostly play

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Can debate it all day long as to where he will play but I'm hoping it's off the right in quite a flexible 3 behind the striker.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
To do that we'll need more than Mkhi to change that around. Carrick and BFS are not suited to that type of football these days.
Fair point. I think Herrera is capable of playing at speed and if the Pogba links are accurate we're obviously looking at the midfield. Even if it's not him (Pogba) Jose must be wanting to make changes to the engine room.

clarkydaz

Granted these are just short clips, but I don't see anything that extraordinary about him in there. He's a solid player no doubt, but one that seems to thrive in particular due to Dortmund's system. He has plenty of space to work with and plenty of players with good movement to pick out. He's not poor by any means, just like Kagawa never was, but I seem him as another type of guy who looks much better due to Dortmund's style of play.
If we spend 38 million on him, I more than anything hope to be wrong, but I just have a bad feeling about this.
I watched first 2 mins of the spurs clip and see someone who can run with the ball, awareness, weight of pass and 2 footed. That long range shot off his chest with left foot, theres a few things Mata lacks

VanGaalEra

Not sure if he's any more of an upgrade on Mata. We're excited due to him being a new toy.
I'm excited after seeing stats of 23 goals and 32 assists last season, that's insane.

Sad thing is, barring the Liverpool games this season, the only times I've seen him he's had everything but end product. Promisingly, with those stats, it seems that's behind him.

Or maybe I just shouldn't watch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.