Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
he might do better under Wenger but he's certainly not good enough for us in Mourinho system and couldn't give his all either. I won't miss him a bit and well I haven't seen the game but I believe he will be erratic for Arsenal too, assisting 3 home against shit Everton team,great first game for him, didn't he had 5 in 3 for us?

If he turns out to be good for them then I am happy for him and us, because Arsenal might do another transfer with us, something which looked like a fraud in the beginning. Judging player after a single game, well...

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
after one game you concluded Mickhi is great and Jose was ruining him. Then you said you'll give it a few more games to make a definite conclusion. I wonder if he runs into bad form what you're tune will be.
Point me to where I said Mkhi is great?

You're telling me Arsenal's board expect to be challenging.
Have you been living under a rock?
Their owner literally said he didn't buy them to win titles.
No, I'm saying their fans expect to. Read before you reply.

harry clarke

think jose has let go of another gem here. just like KDB, salah, mata and lukaku. mikhi has best in the world in his position and a lot here can tell and are worried he may be able to fulfil his potential as he did in dortmund. i think he will and united will regret it.

for some reason man utd have a problem with having top very talented attacking players flop really badly. i mean there's a lot of players clubs sign that don't quite "make it" but at united a lot seem to flop really badly for some reason. see di maria, mkhiti, falcao, depay, kagawa, zaha, forlan, rossi, chicharito.

the club needs to take better care of its players.

TheReligion

Abusive
think jose has let go of another gem here. just like KDB, salah, mata and lukaku. mikhi has best in the world in his position and a lot here can tell and are worried he may be able to fulfil his potential as he did in dortmund. i think he will and united will regret it.

for some reason man utd have a problem with having top very talented attacking players flop really badly. i mean there's a lot of players clubs sign that don't quite "make it" but at united a lot seem to flop really badly for some reason. see di maria, mkhiti, falcao, depay, kagawa, zaha, forlan, rossi, chicharito.

Nah. Poor post.

Di Maria is the only one that disappointed me and that was due to LvG.

Mkhitaryan has had two games at Arsenal and was anonymous in the first. He's a good player but we swapped him for a great one. No regrets.

Falcao couldn't handle the PL - he moved to Chelsea and still struggled so to single out United is silly.

Zaha is another good player but not a great one. His level is probably top ten.

Forlan didn't settle but still did okay at the club.

Hernandez had a great career at United and was moved on after a season of poor form.

Depay is hardly setting the world alight in France, Kagawa is doing okay back in Germany but was another that didn't seem to suit the PL.

You could name an equal number of Arsenal flops or failures (in fact even more if I wanted).

Last edited:

Ban

Best in the world?
When was that?

What a strange group of players you added there too.
Not all of those are great forward players. Good yes, good enough for United no. Some of them.

And Chicharito flopped at United? Really?

mynamejeff

Yes but we're against a side which doesn't have quite good anywhere in their attack. Its either good or top quality. Same with our UCL opponents. I like Lingard I think he offers alot. Starting 11, I think we need to raise that standard.
who would you rather bring in? as i said i think we need to prioritize other parts of the squad. the attack should be the least of our worries

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Just contrast Sanchez today to what Mhki was like for us the past few months. Oh and Mhkis first assist today was pure luck. It should have been cleared. His second assist was offside. The third was good, but the first two should not have happened. Wait till you see Arsenal come up against a good team and he will disappear.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
This threads going to be pretty unbearable isn't it.

I'm very interested to see how he does V Spurs next weekend.

Halftrack

Not really, only in his first season under Klopp where the entire team was struggling, under Tuchel he performed really well, just think about the amount of creative players who lately Mourinho seems to not take the best of them.
That was his second season. His first season was not as dire, but he was generally considered a disappointment. He put up decent numbers, but he wasn't a game changer. As was often pointed out, he tended to pad his numbers in high-scoring games, only to disappear when the going got tough.
Not great. I think he's better than Pogba or Sanchez though.
Wumming? He has done nothing to show he's anywhere near those two.

Hojoon

Not really, only in his first season under Klopp where the entire team was struggling, under Tuchel he performed really well, just think about the amount of creative players who lately Mourinho seems to not take the best of them.
I'm pretty sure that was Mkhi's second season when Dortmund as a whole struggled, his first season at Dortmund was 13-14 coming in as a replacement for Gotze and he didn't play particularly well IIRC. The season before for Shakhtar in CL I was more impressed with Willian and Fernandinho.

Mou isn't getting the best out of anyone right now but Mkhi's had one great season in terms of productivity in a well-oiled machine that used him to perfection. His skill set is limited and it shows when his team isn't doing well.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
That was his second season.
Fair enough. But still not enough to change my opinion about Mou and creative players.
Mou isn't getting the best out of anyone right now but Mkhi's had one great season in terms of productivity in a well-oiled machine that used him to perfection.
That great season was under Tuchel, also with my personal opinion on Mou and creative players I am not saying he was the ideal player, but certainly with another type of manager would perform better imho.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I don't think Jose has a problem with attacking player, but he wants them to play how he says. Mhki reminds me a bit of Van Der Vartt, u simply have to give him a fee role. I don't think Jose does free roles.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
No offence as I've heard it before but we've been hearing this for years now. They really aren't incredible.
No offence taken. Just said they are “incredibly good when things are going well for them” like today and Palace, they can annihilate teams. But that’s obviously not always the case. Generally lack the backbone to be an incredible side generally.

haram

I don't think Jose has a problem with attacking player, but he wants them to play how he says. Mhki reminds me a bit of Van Der Vartt, u simply have to give him a fee role. I don't think Jose does free roles.
Even if that is the case, Mkhi isn't good enough to have a free role at the highest level.

Red Star One

If he shines on a same day as Alexis does and he's not playing against us, I am happy for him. He'll surely have couple of this games for Arsenal where he plays beautifully and gets three assists or few goals. Could be it was a good business for both clubs and I really don't mind that.
(might be biased since lately I didn't feel like we were competing with Arsenal for anything :lol:)

L1nk

Fair enough. But still not enough to change my opinion about Mou and creative players.

That great season was under Tuchel, also with my personal opinion on Mou and creative players I am not saying he was the ideal player, but certainly with another type of manager would perform better imho.
It's because Tuchel plays a method of football that plays to Mkhitaryan's strengths, that being working in a well drilled attacking team with well coached attacking tactics, Mourinho doesn't coach this and so Mkhitaryan suffered, because we have an attack that relies on players to produce special moments instead of attacking together as a unit. People can say what they want but the fact is, whilst Mkhi did create some of his own problems, Mourinho has played a huge part here in why he failed, tactically he didn't fit and clearly he didn't know how to deal with him as a person.

haram

It's because Tuchel plays a method of football that plays to Mkhitaryan's strengths, that being working in a well drilled attacking team with well coached attacking tactics, Mourinho doesn't coach this and so Mkhitaryan suffered, because we have an attack that relies on players to produce special moments instead of attacking together as a unit. People can say what they want but the fact is, whilst Mkhi did create some of his own problems, Mourinho has played a huge part here in why he failed, tactically he didn't fit and clearly he didn't know how to deal with him as a person.
Complete and utter myth. People literally have no proof of this. You are naive if you think we do not work on attacking patterns and link play in training. Is Lingard's form just down to special moments from himself? Him and Mkhi play in the same position.

Did Martial, Lingard, Pogba and Lukaku not destroy Arsenal? Was this just down to individual special moments? Most home games we have the majority of possession and you think Mourinho just relies on individual moments of brilliance?

RedRover

He’s a classic Arsenal player: on a good day, brilliant. On a bad day anonymous, just like he was for United.

Everton were awful. No real closing down in dangerous positions leaves gaps all over the show. Never easy to look good against any PL team, but easier against that today.

Hojoon

I know his great numbers came under Tuchel. I don't disagree that Mkhi would be better with another manager because as I said I don't think Mou is getting the best out of anyone right now let alone creative players, I still don't know what our team's identity is.

RedRover

You don’t build a side around a player like Mkhitaryan in the PL. He’s not physical enough and goes missing far too frequently. He’s a talented player, no doubt but not that good.

R'hllor

People already forgotten how he played for us, go re-watch replays. Bebe`s crossings, loosing ball left right center, failing to pass 5 yards passes etc. He is at new club, with different way of playing, new start, he is classic Arsenal player in so many ways.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Nah. Poor post.

Di Maria is the only one that disappointed me and that was due to LvG.

Mkhitaryan has had two games at Arsenal and was anonymous in the first. He's a good player but we swapped him for a great one. No regrets.

Falcao couldn't handle the PL - he moved to Chelsea and still struggled so to single out United is silly.

Zaha is another good player but not a great one. His level is probably top ten.

Forlan didn't settle but still did okay at the club.

Hernandez had a great career at United and was moved on after a season of poor form.

Depay is hardly setting the world alight in France, Kagawa is doing okay back in Germany but was another that didn't seem to suit the PL.

You could name an equal number of Arsenal flops or failures (in fact even more if I wanted).
Depay is smashing it in France! 11 goals and 8 assists in 30 games this season. Was pretty decent last season as well

L1nk

Complete and utter myth. People literally have no proof of this. You are naive if you think we do not work on attacking patterns and link play in training. Is Lingard's form just down to special moments from himself? Him and Mkhi play in the same position.

Did Martial, Lingard, Pogba and Lukaku not destroy Arsenal? Was this just down to individual special moments? Most home games we have the majority of possession and you think Mourinho just relies on individual moments of brilliance?
Yes? my proof is that our attack plays the opposite of every other team that relies on this tactical approach, yes they destroyed Arsenal, but you are proving my point, particularly in the Arsenal game, Lingard scored because of a brilliant touch and turn from Martial, individually players had some special moments to bring us the win, when we attack as a team we look clueless half the time on how to progress it from back to front and forego simple through balls or passes for example, transitions are poor, vast amounts of empty space in the midfield that nobody is exploiting because players mostly stand in line with defenders and don't come for the ball, standing off and not pressing much, I could go on. I'm not saying we don't work on attacking, everyone of course does, but there is no proof on the pitch that we take a modern day tactical approach to attacking like a lot of the bigger clubs do now. You only have to watch football to notice the difference.

Lingard's in the form of his life currently which is great for us, but he's been dross for seasons before that, if he keeps this up and betters it consistently for a season, and has a season like Mkhitaryan did at Dortmund then we should talk about Lingard, he's obviously a player more suited to Mourinho's style of play, but he's half the player Mkhitaryan is currently, he just happens to be better for us right now.

You don’t build a side around a player like Mkhitaryan in the PL. He’s not physical enough and goes missing far too frequently. He’s a talented player, no doubt but not that good.
Then why did we bother to buy him if we weren't gonna play to his strengths, same situation as Kagawa. Didn't need to build the team around him to do that

Dinghy

People already forgotten how he played for us, go re-watch replays. Bebe`s crossings, loosing ball left right center, failing to pass 5 yards passes etc. He is at new club, with different way of playing, new start, he is classic Arsenal player in so many ways.
I've got a feeling some of you will be back here to remind us about that, every game he plays.

"Fun fact", in his first start for Arsenal, Mkhi's already got the same amount of assists as Mata has for all season.

TheReligion

Abusive
I've got a feeling some of you will be back here to remind us about that, every game he plays.

"Fun fact", in his first start for Arsenal, Mkhi's already got the same amount of assists as Mata has for all season.
We swapped him for Alexis though

KYcinco

Mkhitaryan is the definition of a one-season wonder in the very top leagues, has only ever had one statistically elite season in his career, the rest average at best, so people can stop talking about him like he is some world class playmaker, his time at United has made it very clear the Mkhitaryan is not world class. Jesse Lingard is better.
Miki's "average" season is better than lingards best...

Speaking of lingard, that " phase " seems ( recent form)well and truely over.

Sereques

Mkhitaryan is brilliant when the game is easy, but when the going is tough and teams gets into your faces, Mkhitaryan folds into his shell. This is my problem with him considering more than 50% of premier league teams get into your faces, you have to dig deep to get the win. Proper Arsenal player since they always fold anyway and blame the referee.