Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't understand how a player who has so many tools to his game can be consistently bad.
He's great with both feet, can find a pass, decent dribbler, good pace etc. He should be a much better player than he often is.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't understand how a player who has so many tools to his game can be consistently bad.
He's great with both feet, can find a pass, decent dribbler, good pace etc. He should be a much better player than he often is.
With him it's clearly a mental thing.

CA1

Taken solace from the fact that if Arsenal have sold us Sanchez's brother, then we definitley sold them the real Mkhitaryan at least to balance that :D

The truth is he's a very average player, he'll turn in some good performances and assists against the lesser sides at home.

Devil81

How he stayed on that pitch today is a mystery. Arsenal really are fecked having him, Ozil & Xhaka in their team.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Unless he can turn things around quickly, he's blown his chance to be his countries greatest ever player despite being given more opportunities than any of the players from the Soviet era that couldn't move abroad. I can't see him surpassing Nikita Simonyan or Khoren Oganesyan now.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Didn't understand what Emery was even trying to do with him, Ramsey and Ozil as a 3 behind Aubameyang. Two of them expect the ball to be played to their feet and Ramsey is a goalscoring midfielder playing so far further ahead that there was no link from midfield to attack. None of them make runs or make things easier for the striker.

arthurka

He was really lucky that both Özil and Xhaka were both worse than him. Didnt notice him all game.

Listar

He was really lucky that both Özil and Xhaka were both worse than him. Didnt notice him all game.
I did. A few great chances came his way and he wasn't fast enough to sort his feet out. Maybe EPL is too fast for him especially when playing against top teams.

-Supreme-

He was voted Bundesliga Players' Player of the season before joining United, you certainly have the required skillset of becoming a professional scout as you can clearly see things that no one saw even Jose himself.

Were your reasonings being that he is light weight, potential Kagawa mk2, or Jose doesn't trust players with attacking flairs?

Last edited by a moderator:

InfiniteBoredom

He was voted Bundesliga Players' Player of the season before joining United, you certainly have the required skillset of becoming a professional scout as you can clearly see things that no one saw even Jose himself.

Were your reasonings being that he is light weight, potential Kagawa mk2, or Jose doesn't trust players with attacking flairs?
I was a bit of a Dortmund follower back then (chiefly due to a friend of the family living in Germany at the time raving about them). Got on to their twitter, Facebook and all, watched about 30 of their games a season (most CL matches + high profile league + DFB Pokal match). My reasoning is that he doesn’t have any stand out physical or technical quality that he can rely on when things go wrong, and being extremely mentally fragile to boot, despite the stats in that Tuchel season. Was a big fish in a small pond, the perfect environment for him, and I predicted that he’d end up like Ashley Young who seemed like a quality attacker at Villa due to his stats but couldn’t make the step up at a high pressure cauldron like United. In fact, that argument lead to me being granted my first tag line ‘Caf Ashley Young’ for a few days before it got changed. Look who has the last laugh now.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Doesn't seem cut out for the PL, but always seems to elevate himself in the EL which is probably his level much like the rest of Arsenal bar a few like Lacazette, Auba and özil

JMack1234

He's a farmer killer.

When he plays farmer teams in the Prem or the Europa league he'll tear it up, as soon as he plays good teams he bottles. Used to send me mad when he was here.

tomaldinho1

He's always been an absolute coward of a player.
Haha as harsh as this is, it's on the button

We had a u14's Saturday league player whose mum used to call our manager every time there was frost to ask if the game could be postponed - I reckon Mkhi was making similar calls. Needs everything to be perfect for him to turn up.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Defensively maybe aka he works harder. Neither have done much in attack with wonderful passes every 1 in 10 attempts.
I'm quite critical of Sanchez' overall performance but he wasn't a coward and really should have had an assist against Leiccester barring a horrible miss by Lukaku.

PepsiCola

Will make a lot on here look silly be the end of this season.

Running the end of the first half for arsenal.

haram

He was tragic for most of the half. Of course he is running things.

Bobski

Talented but incredibly inconsistent, by year, month, week, day etc.

I think he was better than someone like Kagawa for Utd but not hard to see how he could infuriate a coach like Mou with his erratic nature.

Dante

Average bang
He has a fantastic football brain, but messy technique, inaccurate passing, and poor work ethic.

If you put him in a situation which emphasises the first point and minimises the final three (as at Dortmund), he can look very good.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He has a fantastic football brain, but messy technique, inaccurate passing, and poor work ethic.

If you put him in a situation which emphasises the first point and minimises the final three (as at Dortmund), he can look very good.
Klopp said he's a really intelligent person but always needs an arm around his shoulders. He can shocked mentally if he's having a poor match or form. But when he's on form he can devastating.

Dante

Average bang
Klopp said he's a really intelligent person but always needs an arm around his shoulders. He can shocked mentally if he's having a poor match or form. But when he's on form he can devastating.
I don't even think it's about form. The problems run deeper than that.

He's simply not good when put under physical pressure and when his space is limited - because of his average touch and lack of strength.

His passing is also prone to being about 10 degrees off in any direction. That's fine in a counterattacking setup against disorganised defences. But in the Premier League, it rarely happens.

However, give him a bit of space and face him up against a stretched defence - as is often the case in the Bundesliga or the Europa League - and he's devastating. Even Mkhitaryan's 'good' form for United at the start of last season was the in the same circumstances.

He's a decent player but he's got a very sudden plateau at the top level.

Canagel

This is what I've thought for ages. Funnily enough it was Tuchel that got the best out of him and not Klopp though.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Couldn't care less and never understood how much attention people pay to every bad or good game he has.

Nice lad, but didn't work for us. Went to Arsenal who practically isn't a rival. Let him be.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
This is what I've thought for ages. Funnily enough it was Tuchel that got the best out of him and not Klopp though.
Yea, he was horrid under Klopp. Mhiki though still rates him very highly and appreciates how he was able to help him settle at Dortmund.

I don't even think it's about form. The problems run deeper than that.

He's simply not good when put under physical pressure and when his space is limited - because of his average touch and lack of strength.

His passing is also prone to being about 10 degrees off in any direction. That's fine in a counterattacking setup against disorganised defences. But in the Premier League, it rarely happens. This Chelsea game was an exception.

However, give him a bit of space and face him up against a stretched defence - as is often the case in the Bundesliga or the Europa League - and he's devastating. Even Mkhitaryan's 'good' form for United at the start of last season was the in the same circumstances.
Yea, sure, the Bundesliga and shit and EPL is great? He isn't great technically with his first touch but his movement off the ball is fantastic, along with being able to dribble the ball with pace, and that's his greatest strength in the final third. He was crap in the Bundesliga for 2 seasons as well and only looked great in the third, give him some time to settle into the team.