Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
I always thought he was a no.10

Think his stats were decent last season?

I rarely watch Dortmund, so I don't consider myself to have a good opinion on him, but when I've watched them, I thought this guy looked shite and to be another workhorse.
I like him a lot, probably because he's also Armenian, but he's not a "wow hes world class" signing like Di Maria. He can play at the number 10, but he's been very flexible throughout his career. At Shakhtar he played as a DLP, box to box, and a number 10. At Dortmund he started as a no 10 but found his form on the right wing this season. He will track back and do a job defensively, very much a Mourinho-esque player besides for not being too strong and powerful, while also being a good overall creator. I don't expect him to come in and light up the league, or even be one of our top 3 players of the season, but just be a consistent and useful player who provides an outlet and is willing to do his share of defensive work.

Classical Mechanic

Very productive last season for Dortmund. According to Whoscored, he played all over the midfield and attack but his most productive position was as an AMR!

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I like him a lot, probably because he's also Armenian, but he's not a "wow hes world class" signing like Di Maria. He can play at the number 10, but he's been very flexible throughout his career. At Shakhtar he played as a DLP, box to box, and a number 10. At Dortmund he started as a no 10 but found his form on the right wing this season. He will track back and do a job defensively, very much a Mourinho-esque player besides for not being too strong and powerful, while also being a good overall creator. I don't expect him to come in and light up the league, or even be one of our top 3 players of the season, but just be a consistent and useful player who provides an outlet and is willing to do his share of defensive work.
What are the chances of this going the Kagawa way?

dasty

I always thought he was a no.10

Think his stats were decent last season?

I rarely watch Dortmund, so I don't consider myself to have a good opinion on him, but when I've watched them, I thought this guy looked shite and to be another workhorse.
18 goals and 20 assists in all competitions. A workhorse that is really good in dribbling and playing the killer ball. Oh and he loves taking a shot at goal too, which is something we rarely ever see from Man Utd in the past season.

fREDhead

What will happen to Reus? Will he be happy to stay with all these players rumoured leaving?

Surely everyone would rather have him over this guy?

So I say let Arsenal have him and then we can swoop in for Reus when Dortmund decide to stop playing football and start a bike factory or something when they realise they don't have enough players!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
What will happen to Reus? Will he be happy to stay with all these players rumoured leaving?

Surely everyone would rather have him over this guy?

So I say let Arsenal have him and then we can swoop in for Reus when Dortmund decide to stop playing football and start a bike factory or something when they realise they don't have enough players!
Reus is primarily a left-winger \ AM. Also he is seriously injury prone, and would cost like double++ what Mkhitaryan would cost, since he is in his last year of contract.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
What are the chances of this going the Kagawa way?
The skill is there, and he can fill in multiple positions, its more the mind I'd worry about. He's not a mental case, but as @Sphaero said, he is pretty sensitive. If Mo throws him under the bus he's going to mentally check out. I've met the guy personally, had a conversation with him, comes across very sensible and intelligent, but doesn't handle criticism all that well. Just temper your expectations that you're signing a dependable footballer who can occasionally show moments of brilliance and it should be fine.

Put it this way, if the "what a waste of money" headline Martial endured comes down hard on him, I don't know if he would be able to handle it unless he has lots of positive reinforcement.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
The skill is there, and he can fill in multiple positions, its more the mind I'd worry about. He's not a mental case, but as @Sphaero said, he is pretty sensitive. If Mo throws him under the bus he's going to mentally check out. I've met the guy personally, had a conversation with him, comes across very sensible and intelligent, but doesn't handle criticism all that well. Just temper your expectations that you're signing a dependable footballer who can occasionally show moments of brilliance and it should be fine.

Put it this way, if the "what a waste of money" headline Martial endured comes down hard on him, I don't know if he would be able to handle it unless he has lots of positive reinforcement.
Okay, now I am a bit more skeptical. Didn't know about him being all sensitive. In England with the tabloids and the media storm and pressure that will surely ensue next season due to pep\mou\klopp etc. it might be a bit much for him?

saivet

He turned down a new contract too? When is it due to expire?

Status
Not open for further replies.