Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
These things don't mean much when you've been effectively reduced to being a feeder to the bigger European clubs.

You should start looking at the whole situation. Dortmund came out of an almost bankruptcy and still have depts. They are just in the growin phase and can therefor not hold all players. When they managed to stay on top for a while things will look entirely different. If they manage.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
This is pretty well known anyway. They're not an attractive club for world class players, and they could fall in the vicious cycle of developing great players but then having to sell them, see Suarez.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Played 45 minutes for Dortmund vs Bursaspor today, contributed another nice assist.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Kicker's print edition claimed today that Mkhitaryan's agent Raiola is trying to engineer a Summer move to Juventus.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Different Italian media all refer to Raiola today with contradicting messages from 'contract extension until 2020 to be signed within the next days' to 'Mkhitaryan wil happily move to Juventus'.

In other words: Nothing has changed in the transfer rumor market: 99.9% bullshit, invented by either journos or agents.

Dir Wangem

I'm surprised the media hasn't linked us to Mkhitaryan yet! Is it because his name is so hard to spell?:p

He's exactly the type of player we need:

1. He's in his prime(just turned 27).
2. His playing style is definitely suited for the PL.
3. He plays on the right wing, a position we've been dying to strengthen since the middle of 2012, when Valencia suddenly lost his head.
4. His contract expires next season, so we are definitely in a good bargaining position.
5. If I'm not mistaken, he's rarely injured.
6. His end-product is insane: he has 55 goals/assists in 52 games this season! And he's a winger!

Fair enough, with Hummels and Gündogan(most likely) leaving, I can see Dortmund being stubborn on this one. But seeing as we signed Kagawa for 12-15 million(?), I don't see Dortmund turning down an offer of 30 million(he's easily worth that) for a player in his last season. Their attack is filled to the brim with other great players anyways(Auba, Reus, Kagawa, Castro etc). Their "weakness" is defense, not attack.

Get on it, Woodward!

Last edited:

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
If English media can be trusted, Chelsea offer €60m. :D Arsenal and Juventus are also in the mix. It's also reported that he wants to extend and the only reason why he hasn't yet is that he wants exit clauses which Dortmund refuse.
My prediction: He'll play for us next season, either because he extends or will be forced to stay and leaves on a free.

Edit: He's not just an attacking midfielder, he is the most creative attacking midfielder we have, and he contributes massively to our defense.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm surprised the media hasn't linked us to Mkhitaryan yet! Is it because his name is so hard to spell?:p

He's exactly the type of player we need:

1. He's in his prime(just turned 27).
2. His playing style is definitely suited for the PL.
3. He plays on the right wing, a position we've been dying to strengthen since the middle of 2012, when Valencia suddenly lost his head.
4. His contract expires next season, so we are definitely in a good bargaining position.
5. If I'm not mistaken, he's rarely injured.
6. His end-product is insane: he has 55 goals/assists in 52 games this season! And he's a winger!

Fair enough, with Hummels and Gündogan(most likely) leaving, I can see Dortmund being stubborn on this one. But seeing as we signed Kagawa for 12-15 million(?), I don't see Dortmund turning down an offer of 30 million(he's easily worth that) for a player in his last season. Their attack is filled to the brim with other great players anyways(Auba, Reus, Kagawa, Castro etc). Their "weakness" is defense, not attack.

Get on it, Woodward!
Yeah, I think he'd be a very good signing too. I could be wrong, but stylistically he seems like Willian with a lot more end product and flair to his game.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
If English media can be trusted, Chelsea offer €60m. :D Arsenal and Juventus are also in the mix. It's also reported that he wants to extend and the only reason why he hasn't yet is that he wants exit clauses which Dortmund refuse.
My prediction: He'll play for us next season, either because he extends or will be forced to stay and leaves on a free.

Edit: He's not just an attacking midfielder, he is the most creative attacking midfielder we have, and he contributes massively to our defense.
fecking chelsea can offer how much they want, i hear a song in my head "chelsea plays champions league......on ps3"

raiola is a strange guy...but micki stays at us for sure!

Dir Wangem

I can't really think of a better right-winger that we could realistically get. I rate him higher than Mahrez.

Dir Wangem

Right winger? Isn't he a number 10?
He's played on the right wing this season, and it's been his best season so far, if I'm not mistaken.

But the fact that he's originally a no.10 makes it even better. We need strengthening there as well. Rooney doesn't cut it for me.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It would be just like us to buy Willian for £60m while Chelsea buy him for €60m. He seems like the perfect Mourinho player so I'd be disappointed if we weren't interested.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It would be just like us to buy Willian for £60m while Chelsea buy him for €60m. He seems like the perfect Mourinho player so I'd be disappointed if we weren't interested.
I cant see us doing this. At least with ADM he was among the best in the world. Willian is good but not really in that bracket.

Dir Wangem

I doubt we'd have to pay even close to that. Kagawa(albeit a different type of player) went for about one third of that and he was just as important as Mkhitaryan is for Dortmund now. He was also in the last year of his contract.

30-40 million euros, and we'll get him.

amolbhatia50k

I doubt we'd have to pay even close to that. Kagawa went for about one third of that and was just as important as Mkhitaryan is for Dortmund now. He was also in the last year of his contract.

30-40 million euros, and we'll get him.
We should be all over this given the circumstances.

Dir Wangem

We should be all over this given the circumstances.
We really should. I can't believe we haven't even been linked to him. None of our biggest financial rivals really need him(Barca, Real, Bayern and City), he's exactly what we need, he's in his prime.... It makes way too much sense!

amolbhatia50k

We really should. I can't believe we haven't even been linked to him. None of our biggest financial rivals really need him(Barca, Real, Bayern and City), he's exactly what we need, he's in his prime.... It makes way too much sense!
Thing is, A) do we want another #10 or are we happy with Rooney/Fellaini/Lingard/Mata? and B) if yes, then who do we go for out of Gotze/Mkhitaryan/James?

Devil may care

His stats this season have been superb, one of the most productive players in Europe and he works for the team. He's at an ideal age for us to bring him in on the RW.

Dir Wangem

Ah I didn't know he's been playing a lot at RW this season.
And it's been arguably his best season so far! :)

I rate him higher than any of the players mentioned above(Rooney, Fellaini, Lingard, Mata, Gotze and James). Both as a no.10 and winger.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's been amazing this season, all over the pitch and involved in most attacks, voted Bundesliga's POTS by the players, he's two footed and played on the left, right, as sort of a 10 and at times as more of an 8. Fitting him in shouldn't be a problem if he keeps his level.

Here's a compilation from just the cup and EL matches:

I wouldn't treat Bild's claims as facts, they aren't reliable at all and either way I don't think Dortmund will sell him this summer.
You also have to keep him mind that he struggled for two years before playing a season like that so paying big to get him into a new/different league seems a bit risky.

Hojoon

He would be fantastic for us in a lot of ways. Just had his best season ever and is in his prime age wise, can play any position behind the striker at a high level, especially at RW where we should definitely strengthen, and is the type of player Mourinho would love. If we were to sign Ibra, then he would compliment Ibra and Martial well.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He also had a ridiculous last season for Shakhtar. And to think that he was originally a holding midfielder :lol:
Great player - and this is also a result of his attitude off the pitch - if I recall correctly he even lived on the base while playing for Donetsk so that he could concentrate on football

izec

Yeah, he is very good. I would be happy to get him ehre this summer, even overspend. He is worth it, it will be a fight for his signature.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Seems one of the better options if true. Been adaptable so far moving around Europe, performing wherever he's been and steadily rising throughout his career, adaptable enough to play #10 or wide-right (which is probably where he should play if United by him), very productive, definitely quick enough and able to beat a player, two-footed and a threat from distance which they're desperately in need of aswell.

Only question would be why does he want to leave Dortmund? If there's no real character concerns on that front though and he just wants a move to pastures new for footballing reasons/more money then considering he's out of contract in a year aswell and probably cheaper than a lot of other players who've been linked I definitely think they should put a bid in for him. Would love to see him in the Prem.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Seems one of the better options if true. Been adaptable so far moving around Europe, performing wherever he's been and steadily rising throughout his career, adaptable enough to play #10 or wide-right (which is probably where he should play if United by him), very productive, definitely quick enough and able to beat a player, two-footed and a threat from distance which they're desperately in need of aswell.

Only question would be why does he want to leave Dortmund? If there's no real character concerns on that front though and he just wants a move to pastures new for footballing reasons/more money then considering he's out of contract in a year aswell and probably cheaper than a lot of other players who've been linked I definitely think they should put a bid in for him. Would love to see him in the Prem.
They had a great season but still finished 10 points behind Bayern who are now signing their captain. Plus it seems Gundogan is leaving to City

It's hard to see them overtaking Bayern any time soon so he might want to go somewhere with a more realistic chance of success

Dir Wangem

He's got pretty good work-rate, no?

Mou's #10?
Whenever I've seen him play he's been very mobile. He's definitely an all-action player. Not afraid to assert himself at all. He could definitely be our new no.10.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's been truly excellent this season but I feel he's quite prone to going back to his old form when he's in a new environment. Seems to work well with Tuchel but was really average last season and that was his 2nd in the Bundesliga so hard to believe he was still 'adapting'.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's been truly excellent this season but I feel he's quite prone to going back to his old form when he's in a new environment. Seems to work well with Tuchel but was really average last season and that was his 2nd in the Bundesliga so hard to believe he was still 'adapting'.
Thats a very generous estimation. Aside of maybe half a dozen games his performances ranged from underwhelming to piss poor.

The thing with Mkhitaryan is, that with him it was never about pure ability. He is a very complete player with wide skillset and incredible defensive contribution. That big question mark (and I say that eventhough he is probably on the pitch my favourite player right now) behind him is his mental stength. The guy is highly intelligent and also very sensitive. Our current coach Tuchel described him as melancholic and that description fits him very well IMO. It was said Tuchel who declared him basically his favourite player and eventually lifted the mental block he suffered from for two years.

Maybe that was enough for him and he hits the ground running at other clubs and plays on the level he does right now or maybe he is more dependent on Tuchel and the enviroment our officials try very hard to mantain as he believes.

For better or worse, Dortmund is a club which goes to a great length to shelter their players and show great patience with them. Critique is basically never made publically but is contained inside he club. Often times the officials even go out of their way and direct the brunt of the media fire onto themselves to protect the players. Everything is geared towards creating a calm and family like atmosphere around the squad. This also leads the media to rather look elsewhere (Schalke, Hamburg, Wolfsburg, etc.) to make juicy headlines, unless CEO Watzke decides to redirect media attention onto one of his sometimes controversial statements.

Mkhitaryan would not be the first star player of Dortmund, who could not handle the shift in enviroments when moving to a different club and from all players who left the club for greener fields he is the one I would be the least confident in being unaffected by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.