"Henry, fichado"

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
El delantero francés Thierry Henry ya es azulgrana. El jugador se unirá a Messi, Eto'o y Ronaldinho para las próximas cuatro temporadas tras el acuerdo que el Barça ha llegado con el Arsenal.

La operación se sitúa en torno a los 24 millones de euros y el jugador será presentado en los próximos días. Después de ocho años consecutivos en el equipo inglés, Henry se convertirá en jugador azulgrana un año después de renunciar a la operación para intentar el asalto a la Liga de Campeones. con el Arsenal de Arsene Wenger.

El Arsenal llegó a pedir 35 millones de euros por vender a su crack, cantidad a la que ni mucho menos está dispuesto a llegar el Barcelona.

Las negociaciones para el traspaso las han llevado directamente Arsène Wenger y Ferran Soriano, vicepresidente económico barcelonista. El mánager del Arsenal es actualmente el hombre más poderoso en la estructura del club inglés y ha asumido las funciones que antiguamente desempeñaba David Dein.

Eto'o le espera con los brazos abiertos

Hace pocos días, Samuel Eto'o afirmaba que hablaba regularmente con el francés y que "es un gran amigo y jugaremos juntos. Hay sitio para todos. Estaba charlando con él mientras embarcaba en el avión que le llevó a los Estados Unidos para ver la final de la NBA", dijo Eto'o a 'The Times'.

Thuram alaba a su compañero de selección

El defensa azulgrana Thuram y compañero de Henrey pidió la llegada de Henry hace unas semanas: "Espero por el Barça que venga porque es un grandísimo jugador".

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
lies, he's going to Liverpool

I'm just saying

UBERScholes

24m euros is an excellent deal for Arsenal :(

UBERScholes

Well Henry'll be 30 in August, granted he's still better than Shevchenko but it's a better deal than we got for van Nistelrooy for example

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
If this turns out to be true then it just goes to show what a complete twat he is. To repeatedly tell the Arsenal fans all season long that he's staying only to feck off to Barcelona, is not on.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
The Henry thing is on www.marca.com.

SSN say that Barca officials have said they will not confirm or deny the reports until it is official.

Edit: Sky now say it's official.

Looks like it's true. If Arsenal use this money wisely they will be better off. If they get a top striker they could be contenders next season.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
ronaldinho, etoo, messi and now henry :eek: thats gonna be a phenominal attacking quartet!!

Ixion

Arsenal have lacked a finisher up front this season so losing Henry can't do them any favours, hopefully Wengers goes to Real as well and they'll be fecked.

I was worried Henry would overtake Andy Cole in the Premiership goals charts next season, nice to know it won't happen now.

poisson

anyone know any arsenal forums like this? i wanna read their reactions

UBERScholes

Chelsea paid 30m pounds if I remember correctly. Thats 45m euros.
Yeah, but that's Chelsea, in the normal transfer fee terms I'd say it's excellent deal for Arsenal

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
The Henry thing is on www.marca.com.

SSN say that Barca officials have said they will not confirm or deny the reports until it is official.

Edit: Sky now say it's official.

Looks like it's true. If Arsenal use this money wisely they will be better off. If they get a top striker they could be contenders next season.
If reports are true, they have sold one of the worlds best strikers, they wont be better off.

poisson

25million euros huh, whats that about £16million?? not a bad real for barca imo

REd FUn DevIl

ronaldinho, etoo, messi and now henry :eek: thats gonna be a phenominal attacking quartet!!
on paper it looks phenomenal but remember that messi, etoo and dhino were last year too and it was a totally shit, henry has been playing so poor that its not something to worry for arsenal and its better for us now that we have one less team on the title challenge...

the fourth place will be open for spurs, newcastle and even arsenal if they do good ;)

EZee

eto might be off then?

cant see him sitting on the bench and i dont see how you could play all 4 of the attackers

relx

Frnkie Sys
eto might be off then?

cant see him sitting on the bench and i dont see how you could play all 4 of the attackers
Eto'o Henry up front

Messi and Ronaldinho on the wings

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Henry is leaving Arsenal. Its official according to SSN, and basically everywhere.

poisson

apparnetly rumours are rife that madrid will get rid off capello and want wenger as a replcement. if that happens arsenal will be fecked :D

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Wow... looks official alright...

Reuters

MADRID — Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has signed with FC Barcelona, Spanish news reports said Friday.

Barcelona will pay 24 million Euros ($34.5 million Cdn) for Henry, who signed a four-year deal, Cadena Ser radio and the newspaper El Pais said, quoting Barcelona officials.

Henry has been with Arsenal since 1999, scoring a club record 226 goals in 364 appearances for the Gunners. He helped the London club win two Premier League titles and four FA Cups.

poisson

eto might be off then?

dont forget deco's leaving so that might mean ronaldinho being moved into midfield

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
At the risk of a knee jerk reaction... Aresnal are well and truely fecked!

:lol: happy days!

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
If reports are true, they have sold one of the worlds best strikers, they wont be better off.

But that messed up attitude he had last season meant he was not playing at the level he used to. I thought the rest he has had would bring him back on form, but maybe it would not have, if his heart was no longer in it with his buddy Dein gone.

This may have been a Ruud scenario where you have a top striker but he's causing rifts in the dressing room, and perhaps holding back your team on the pitch.

Wenger may be able to switch Arsenals style of play now and get more goals, in the same way United did when Ruud went.

Edit: Sky seem to have toned down the "official" line about the transfer. Someone on the Arsenal board said that the BBC have said Arsenal have denied the story??