Hero bull kills top Spanish matador on live TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Funny that Vox did one of their nice little pieces on it just the other day

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
RIP to the guy, but I have no respect for "matadors", irregardless of how brave they are. It's a sad act for the bulls. Being aggravated for sport, and will end up being killed.

In 2016 where everyone is almost politically incorrect, I'm astonished something like this is still going on.

NinjaFletch

Well.. At least they don't go to waste.
I'm sure when its eventually banned rich spaniards will be able to source themselves similarly expensive cuts of meat from an animal that didn't have to suffer for their entertainment.

Fener1907

Ole! Couldn't give a shit about him.

Not many young Spanish people I meet are enthusiastic about this 'sport'. Unfortunately, the older generations seem to rule in Spain.

AshfordLad

Funny that Vox did one of their nice little pieces on it just the other day

What a cnut. Dissing other peoples culture without knowing it.

Although I have not run since 2012, San fermin is awesome.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Saw one of these in Pamplona during San Fermin. Quickly found myself rooting for the bulls. What most don't realize is before they actually face off against the matador, they're poisoned and fighting dudes on horseback chucking spears at them. Barbaric.

Last edited:

Sigma

I think it sad that a person has died. But this sport is just wrong and it really should be banned.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Sorry for the family. Goring in the torax, died right there

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think it sad that a person has died. But this sport is just wrong and it really should be banned.
It's sad he made a living taunting a stressed out Bull.

Will Absolute

You have to say the guy got his just desserts. Killing animals for sport is distasteful, and seeing such a one-sided contest as a demonstration of machismo is pathetic.

Fener1907

Why do people even watch this stuff?
The same reason that a host of other stupid things exist, I imagine, which is that it's considered a tradition. Some people can't let go of the past and accept that something being a 'tradition' doesn't mean it can't be outdated.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36756723

But unlike the matador who would have been showered with praise had he killed his victim, the bull will unfortunately be killed for defending itself against this sword-weildling prick.
When I went to Seville I was flicking through the TV channels while the missus showered. They show this shit at 5pm prime time and when I turned it on, the guy was stabbing the back of its neck after others had weakened it through lobbing spears at it.
I love Spain, but ffs tradition shouldn't be allowed to be a get out clause when it comes to accepting practices that belong in the medieval ages.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Yay a human just died. Lets act like tits on the internet.
He was killed by the animal he was trying to kill. A totally avoidable death, and quite a justified death really. The bull didn't have the luxury of deciding whether or not to fight a human that day, as the matador did.

I think you'll be hard pushed to find any sympathy from anyone.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Here's where you went wrong...
The Spanish still have that thing where they chuck a goat out of the bell-tower too.
But flicking, yes. That was in the earlier years of our marriage when flicking, spearing and bells resulted in happy times, rather than web-based chat.

CR: I've been on a mini-tour of the north. Google Skipton Castle (Originally Norman with Tudor mods) and Bolton Abbey (medieval).

the unknown one.

The raven sits ever watchful above my chamber door
When I went to Seville I was flicking through the TV channels while the missus showered. They show this shit at 5pm prime time and when I turned it on, the guy was stabbing the back of its neck after others had weakened it through lobbing spears at it.
I love Spain, but ffs tradition shouldn't be allowed to be a get out clause when it comes to accepting practices that belong in the medieval ages.
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.