He's yong & lernin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remy

Chutney Ferret/Ronaldo's number 1 fan
Please, please stop with the Ronaldo excuse of he's young and still learning.
In the past few years this has been used far, far too often as an excuse by the vast majority on the Caf for Ronaldo's obvious weakness to his game.
His greed on the ball.

As many of you now know i have no time for the Man (yes Man, he is now 21)
and i for one am sick to death of hearing how he's still learning 3 years down the line.

I have never seen another player in my many years cheat dive and whinge his way through any game as much as he does (And not just for United).
The world cup almost proved a point with what i've been saying for years about him, and the vast majority here turned on him after the Portugal v England Quarter final.

The last 2 games for United have been like a breath of fresh air, he's been more productive with his game play he's stayed on his feet when he's usually falling over looking for a free kick. overall he's looked every inch the player we've all been expecting him to be and long may it continue, however with his past track record of having a handful of good games in the middle of a lot of bad ones i wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to his bad habits.

Ronaldo is very talented but, all to often he goes missing or has a tantrum when things don't go his way.
He has a very long way to go to prove he's worth the honour of wearing the 7 shirt because at the moment he's just another winger with a few fancy tricks and little end product.

For the greater glory of Manchester United i hope Ronaldo proves me wrong but for the love of God, don't say i didn't warn you.

Silence

He's improving and learning no doubt, but I do agree that the same old excuse is tiring. He will continue to learn about football until the day he dies, as will any footballer, I think he's just starting to take on board some of the advice from the coaching staff. He is putting the ball in earlier and is slowly becoming more of a team player.

In a few years he could be one of the best in the world, I have no doubts about that.

Remy

UnitedBoy said:
can never stop learning
He's a footballer not a rocket scientist...Whilst he has raw talent he isn't channeling it as we have all hoped for (apart from the last 2 games) What i'm saying is, people need to stop making excuses for him as he is now an adult, he has been playing football for a number of years now. I would hazard a guess and say he was stuck in a rut over the past few years and now maybe he's turned the corner....Time will tell

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Remy said:
I would hazard a guess and say he was stuck in a rut over the past few years and now maybe he's turned the corner....Time will tell
I think he has...recall against Charlton when he danced on the left side of the box probably shfting about five times and then putting the cross in at the right time rather than too early as most people would have screamed at him to do. He has skill and was probably taught to be the show pony in Portugal but now he is learning, from both United and Big Phil, to play for the team rather than himself.

Mainoldo

And the point of this tread is.........................????

To me it just seems like another useless pop at Ronaldo!! His played 2 games(well!!) and yet someone is already having a go for when he has a bad game(which he will because he is human!!)

Remy

Mainoldo said:
And the point of this tread is.........................????

To me it just seems like another useless pop at Ronaldo!! His played 2 games(well!!) and yet someone is already having a go for when he has a bad game(which he will because he is human!!)
You're missing the point of this thread altogether....

bananaman

bananaman said:
incredibly yong translates into chinese and gives some weird results :nervous:

yōng obstruct; stop up
yǒng leap
yōng harmonious
yōng (v) gather round; rush in; crowd; throng; to hold; crowded; to support

Remy

bananaman said:
incredibly yong translates into chinese and gives some weird results :nervous:

yōng obstruct; stop up
yǒng leap
yōng harmonious
yōng (v) gather round; rush in; crowd; throng; to hold; crowded; to support
Is that Mandarin or Cantonese Chinese....

thoward

It's not a lisp!
Remy said:
In the past few years this has been used far, far too often as an excuse by the vast majority on the Caf for Ronaldo's obvious weakness to his game.
His greed on the ball.

and i for one am sick to death of hearing how he's still learning 3 years down the line.

I have never seen another player in my many years cheat dive and whinge his way through any game as much as he does (And not just for United).
The world cup almost proved a point with what i've been saying for years about him, and the vast majority here turned on him after the Portugal v England Quarter final.

The last 2 games for United have been like a breath of fresh air, he's been more productive with his game play he's stayed on his feet when he's usually falling over looking for a free kick. overall he's looked every inch the player we've all been expecting him to be and long may it continue, however with his past track record of having a handful of good games in the middle of a lot of bad ones i wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to his bad habits.

Ronaldo is very talented but, all to often he goes missing or has a tantrum when things don't go his way.
He has a very long way to go to prove he's worth the honour of wearing the 7 shirt because at the moment he's just another winger with a few fancy tricks and little end product.

For the greater glory of Manchester United i hope Ronaldo proves me wrong but for the love of God, don't say i didn't warn you.
Cheat, dive and Whinge. Probably the biggest culprit ever in terms of United(but his antics are worse in a Portuguese shirt than United). But the likes of Diouf, Reyes, Pires have been worse.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Remy said:
His greed on the ball.

skillz

Remy said:
He's a footballer not a rocket scientist...Whilst he has raw talent he isn't channeling it as we have all hoped for (apart from the last 2 games) What i'm saying is, people need to stop making excuses for him as he is now an adult, he has been playing football for a number of years now. I would hazard a guess and say he was stuck in a rut over the past few years and now maybe he's turned the corner....Time will tell
You obviously have never played or coached any football, at any level have you.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Do you honestly think that a player at 21 is already the finished article?

Tell me a player who did not have to learn anything or to improve at all at that age!

Remy

skillz said:
You obviously have never played or coached any football, at any level have you.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What the feck has what i've done or haven't done in my life got to do with making excuses for Ronaldo being a player without vision...With a user name of Skillz why am i even asking :boring:

Richardson

Remy, you fecking horrible piece of shite.

How can you fecking justify these comments, feck right off.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
First thread I've looked at today.... and it's shit, go figure.

Remy

Diarra said:
Remy, you fecking horrible piece of shite.

How can you fecking justify these comments, feck right off.
I can justify these comments because i actually watch United play and don't just watch extended highlights on match of the day.

Richardson

Remy said:
I can justify these comments because i actually watch United play and don't just watch extended highlights on match of the day.
HAHAHAHAHA

skillz

Remy said:
What the feck has what i've done or haven't done in my life got to do with making excuses for Ronaldo being a player without vision...With a user name of Skillz why am i even asking :boring:
If you had, you would realise that different players mature at differnet rates, and some players adapt quickly to certain aspects of the game while others they are slower at. The fact you are having a go at a 21yr old for not being the complete final product, is just ridiculous. Also a 21yr old, that has been a key attacking assest since he arrived at the club.

He has qualities which you will not find in anyother player in the Premiership at his age. Lennon is just crap compared to him, and he is the closest I can think of. Your comment sound like someone who has just come off a 6 month session of Footbal Manager or something. Get back to reality mate.

Mainoldo

Remy said:
Says the bloke who can't string a decent sentence together.
Well by the quality of your threads and complete lack of intelligence, your not one to talk!!!

Remy

skillz said:
If you had, you would realise that different players mature at differnet rates, and some players adapt quickly to certain aspects of the game while others they are slower at. The fact you are having a go at a 21yr old for not being the complete final product, is just ridiculous. Also a 21yr old, that has been a key attacking assest since he arrived at the club.

He has qualities which you will not find in anyother player in the Premiership at his age. Lennon is just crap compared to him, and he is the closest I can think of. Your comment sound like someone who has just come off a 6 month session of Footbal Manager or something. Get back to reality mate.
So it took a world cup with Ronaldo being portrayed as public enemy number 1 for him to turn the corner in his last 2 games, ask yourself whats changed about him and his attitude, if you look back over the past few years people here have always defended him by saying he's young and learning far too often when in reality he's been crap in all but 10-15 games a season which is the truth if you take the red tinted specs off for a minute. He has taken on a more team based game in his last few matches and the time for excuses has now ended. And your statement that he's been a key attacking asset for three years is utter bollocks he's been a plain winger with a few fancy moves who likes to fall over his own feet and whinges when he doesn't get a free kick that is all he has been, as for the future i would love it, LOVE it if he proves me wrong...But disappointment is a word that goes hand in hand with Ronaldo

Remy

Mainoldo said:
Well by the quality of your threads and complete lack of intelligence, your not one to talk!!!
Why don't you get back to transfer rumour mongering and leave the real chat to adults.

Mainoldo

Remy said:
Why don't you get back to transfer rumour mongering and leave the real chat to adults.
Says the man whos general discussions involve slaughtering one of our own, be it one of our best players at the club when ever the opportunity arises!!!

skillz

Did he screw your girlfriend or summat. Get over it. He is young and improving. What more do you want. Its part of growing up fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.