Higuain to leave Real Madrid

Revan

Assumptionman
I was only really concerned with how they did at United/Madrid and Internationally;

In his career at United, Hernandez has scored in all competitions 50 goals in 117 games. A goal every 2.34 games.
Higuain at Real has scored 122 in 266 games, a goal every 2.18 games. (and 46 assists)

Internationally Higuain has 20 goals in 32 (and 9 assists), meaning a goal every 1.6 games.
Hernandez has 35 in 53 meaning a goal every 1.51 games.

Higuain's club form is superior and over a great period of games which makes it more impressive, he also gets more assists which ties in with him being the more rounded, technically superior player, based on current achievement.
It is interesting to see the percentages of games they started for goal, or the goal to minute radio. I'll bet that Hernandez has better stats.

Shark

@NotShark
Good signing for the Gooners indeed. Higuain is obviously of a higher calibre to anybody else who they have in the striking departement. Arsenal is his level though.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I like the font and capitalisation on that.

We need to wrap this up and move on to the other priority areas (which I'm sure the club are looking at already of course). A signing like Higuain would inspire confidence in potential signings, no question about that.

anver

Shart stop
Familiar sounds coming off the Arse camp.

Did we not hear these sounds when they signed Podol, Carzola and crowd?

Cheers to you mates. When the season progresses, the noise will taper off as usual.

Brophs

The One and Only
Higuain is better than Podolski and Giroud, but not by so much that he'll suddenly turn them into title challengers.

Cina

Well, he'll score them the goals they were missing after losing RvP, but he doesn't have the influence or overall ability RvP did.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Higuain is better than Podolski and Giroud, but not by so much that he'll suddenly turn them into title challengers.
I don't think any Arsenal fan has stated that signing him will make us title challengers, as with all players you can never know how they will settle but if he does will certainly improve us a fair bit. If they are then imo they are wrong.

Strikers at our club always get good service, RvP didn't magically create every single one of his goals like some people made it out. Some were put on a plate for him and some were down to his quality. This season lost count of how many great chances Giroud missed, Cazorla probably should of had over 20 assists if he had a clinical striker playing ahead of him. So signing someone like Higuain who is a better finisher would be a step in the right direction for us.

Brophs

The One and Only
I don't think any Arsenal fan has stated that signing him will make us title challengers, as with all players you can never know how they will settle but if he does will certainly improve us a fair bit. If they are then imo they are wrong.

Strikers at our club always get good service, RvP didn't magically create every single one of his goals like some people made it out. Some were put on a plate for him and some were down to his quality. This season lost count of how many great chances Giroud missed, Cazorla probably should of had over 20 assists if he had a clinical striker playing ahead of him. So signing someone like Higuain who is a better finisher would be a step in the right direction for us.

I'm not suggesting you did. My point is simply that there are other issues to be sorted too, as you've alluded to.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Which is exactly what most of us have said in this thread and otherwise.

Anver is being an idiot, as usual.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Higuain, Giroud, Sanogo with Podolski and Walcott as back-up options looks good to me. It looks like we will have a very even spread of goal scorers with those senior players (Sanogo excluded).

If Walcott and Podolski can score 15+ from the flanks again we will be in great shape.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, but what if one or both of Kos and PM get injured? TV or Djourou....!

We are really top-heavy if this deal goes through with Chamakh, Bendtner and Park taking up spaces. We still need at least two more good players and Rooney 'aint one of them.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Really? Thanks for that, I'll get on the phone to Wenger and let him know. I don't think he realised this at all.