Historical moments of cheating | With a super-sized portion of salt

padr81

Supports
Man City
Apparently, Casper was talking about it to the referee.
And so, because no one noticed it, rules should not be enforced ?

By the way, I think England was the better team.
Cause it's not the rule, not interfering with play game doesn't stop.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Unless you have proof that the Danes secretly started the Yugoslav war, I don't really see how that's "cheating"?
That's on american government, especially Madeleine Bright.

Is Madeleine Albright danish?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Robben was hacked down by the last man Puyol in WC Final, and no red card.

NK86

I do hope the English will take it in good grace if the Italians shithouse their way to a win on a Sunday.
They cannot "out dive" the Italians. Will be absolutely hilarious if they are at the receiving end of a wrongly awarded penalty which decides the final.

Shimo

Christensen went down theatrically to win the freekick leading to Denmark's goal, that could have decided the game but, England didn't let it. Danes could had time to come back after a poor call but, couldn't. England were also in the ascendancy at that point, I mean they had just let Sterling that deep into their own penalty area and that was becoming the norm at that point in the game. Chances were high England would have continued in that vein and a goal was looking likely anyway.

Better team went through, on a dodgy call for a penalty but, hardly a historical moment of cheating

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
No team can claim to be hard done by in this context

It literally means that if they play like that they'll score 1 goal in every four games.
Yeah, that's literally how football works. I am surprised Danes even decided to play this game considering England weree clear favourites before the game, should have just went with 3-0 for England without risking more injuries.

Congrats, you won this thread!

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Players have to go down if they feel contact otherwise nothing gets given, that has been shown even in this tournament. Sterling felt the contact and went down. He hasn't conned or cheated anyone and the suggestion that he has is just laughable, for as pathetic and insufferable as a lot of England fans are, the City/Liverpool levels of bitterness in this thread are just as bad.

Classical Mechanic

Yeah, that's literally how football works. I am surprised Danes even decided to play this game considering England weree clear favourites before the game, should have just went with 3-0 for England without risking more injuries.

Congrats, you won this thread!
England dominated the game. Denmark had 6 shots in 120 minutes. They had 0 shots inside the England box. 0 big chances. Their highest xG shot was 0.06. 42% possession. They scored off a free kick won by a dive. This was the only game in which Denmark were on the wrong side of the xG I think and they were emphatically so. Whilst the Kane pen and rebound inflated the xG the own goal deflated it as no xG is recorded for an OG. Actually this is how football works. If you play like Denmark did in this game then most times you will lose.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2021/...danmark-stats-match-attendance-64950-wembley/

Last edited:

Nam89

There was contact, it was a penalty. Grow up and stop acting like a 5 year old who lost a game of tag.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I may be in a minority but I couldn't give a feck about Sterling "cheating" his way to a pen.

Happens every week everywhere and is not necessarily outright dishonest: players go off balance at speed, make the most out of any contact or situation once clear the ball has gone too far/nothing will come out of a move. Every man and his dog does it and it's not a nationality thing. Just like Suarez' handball (from a non-existent free kick followed by two offsides) had happened before and continued to happen since.

What I have an issue with are two things:

1) The holier than thou hypocrisy of treating it differently depending on which foot the boot is in, more so when the English press make massive deals of situations in games not even involving England.

2) VAR being a bore in some games, taking ages, not letting you celebrate properly, etc then getting something so fecking wrong at such a critical point in such a relatively big game. Then the fecking ref not even bothering to check it: as a Danish player or fan I would be livid and find it insulting if not outright corrupt, and rightly so.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
No, they defended well, and if they deserved feck all then neither do you. Having more possession does not make you more deserved winners if you can't put the ball in the goal. You had some half decent chances, but not like you were carving them open time and again.

The only funny thing is seeing the deluded England mob trying to justify that they won by cheating and thinking the world is aginst you. It was not a soft pen, but a dive. The strawmanning is ridiculous. England are a dull and boring team who deserved feck all in that game as well.
Cry some more, I hope it hurts :lol: :lol:

Fooza

No, they defended well, and if they deserved feck all then neither do you. Having more possession does not make you more deserved winners if you can't put the ball in the goal. You had some half decent chances, but not like you were carving them open time and again.

The only funny thing is seeing the deluded England mob trying to justify that they won by cheating and thinking the world is aginst you. It was not a soft pen, but a dive. The strawmanning is ridiculous. England are a dull and boring team who deserved feck all in that game as well.
Aw, yepp we are dull and boring...

Its coming home

Patchbeard

Still not sure if the OP is serious :nervous: Looked like there might have been contact, from both players. Euro VAR has consistently shown a hands off approach unless something was a clear and obvious error. It was a very soft pen but nothing like as bad as the other examples, whilst at the other end Denmark's free kick for their goal was a very soft free kick.

UDontMessWith24

Is the German moral high ground so high that you can no longer see the 1990 World Cup final? You giving that trophy back? Barcelona supporters on the other hand should be banned for even posting in this thread. * are for losers

podurban2

Still not sure if the OP is serious :nervous: Looked like there might have been contact, from both players. Euro VAR has consistently shown a hands off approach unless something was a clear and obvious error. It was a very soft pen but nothing like as bad as the other examples, whilst at the other end Denmark's free kick for their goal was a very soft free kick.
This. I still fail to see the “blatant cheating” part, especially since Denmark’s free kick was incorrect too.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It’s not a pen in a million years. It’s not a free kick in a million years. Suck it.
This.

Denmark's goal came from a ridiculously soft free kick, which itself came out of a previous free kick they got when one of their players went down clutching his face and the replay showed a slight contact with his upper arm. His face wasn't touched, yet the incredibly non-cheating and saintly Danish player went down clutching his face trying to get an opponent sent off.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Honestly, the most tears I’ve seen in this thread seem to be from England fans because people dare question the penalty. It’s pretty great. You all seem to be having a wonderful time.
You see what you want to see I suppose.

I'm seeing a lot of anti England posters creating straw man arguments to try and make themselves feel better about the team they wanted to lose getting into the final.

I'd not mind as much if I didn't suspect many of them would not be so upset if Dolberg won a penalty at the other end in identical circumstances.

You see, we can all straw man.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
has there been an update on sterling? i heard rumours that medics have spent all night trying to patch his legs back together after the brutal assault on his person. anguished cries of “his legs look like a breadstick that’s been hit with a brick.” have been heard echoing around the corridors at the home of football. to keep the country calm, sterling was played by an actor for the rest of the match. you could tell in the interview it wasn’t him. he was wearing headphones so someone could tell him what to say. he also answered every question with “of course i am the heem sterding, i play for england and the other manchester united.”

jackal&hyde

The unfortunate element is that if England win the final after so long, it's this cheating behaviour that is going to be remembered most of all. And done against a team and nation that almost lost one of their players... Sad story all around.

has there been an update on sterling? i heard rumours that medics have spent all night trying to patch his legs back together after the brutal assault on his person. anguished cries of “his legs look like a breadstick that’s been hit with a brick.” have been heard echoing around the corridors at the home of football. to keep the country calm, sterling was played by an actor for the rest of the match. you could tell in the interview it wasn’t him. he was wearing headphones so someone could tell him what to say. he also answered every question with “of course i am the heem sterding, i play for england and the other manchester united.”
I assume you though this was funny when you wrote it?

Any chance of some capitals next time?

The unfortunate element is that if England win the final after so long, it's this cheating behaviour that is going to be remembered most of all. And done against a team and nation that almost lost one of their players... Sad story all around.
good attempt if sarcastic. Hilarious if not.

SER19

The fact you’re using the Eriksen incident to make a troll thread shows what you really are.
Nope. His teammates and nation were cheated by one of the premier leagues biggest cheats of the last decade. Its a rubbish way to end an incredible, inspiring story, in the 105th minute of a semi final. Just because it was England doesn't change that

SER19

Blatant dive’: Football world in uproar over ‘disgraceful’ England moment
JULY 8, 2021 8:40AM

The reaction from some quarters was fierce.

“It’s a blatant dive,” said German international Didi Hamann. “I think it’s a disgraceful decision.”

Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger also declared it “no penalty” and couldn’t understand why VAR wasn’t used.

“No one knows who gave away that penalty,” added Socceroos legend John Aloisi said on Optus Sport. “Was there enough contact? I don’t think there was . in my opinion, it wasn’t a penalty.”

-----

Calling anybody seeing a true cheat of the game as having dived is beyond bias. Wide consensus beyond England that hes conned the ref. If it were any other team there wouldn't be such a defensive response to the discussion. Seems like a sore point

Pickle85

Nope. His teammates and nation were cheated by one of the premier leagues biggest cheats of the last decade. Its a rubbish way to end an incredible, inspiring story, in the 105th minute of a semi final. Just because it was England doesn't change that
Bahahahaha...awww, sorry you didn't get your Hollywood ending sweetie. There'll be plenty of opportunities to laugh at England in the future, I can absolutely assure you of that. Can't see us beating Italy but the whole thing has been worth it for some of the ridiculously OTT anti-England sentiment.

Conor

I don't want to hear the English even mention Maradona's handball ever again after that dive.

SER19

Bahahahaha...awww, sorry you didn't get your Hollywood ending sweetie. There'll be plenty of opportunities to laugh at England in the future, I can absolutely assure you of that. Can't see us beating Italy but the whole thing has been worth it for some of the ridiculously OTT anti-England sentiment.
If you have a complex about being English, you're projecting it now. Im just talking about a serial cheat cheating on the biggest stage. Who happens to be English

Pickle85

If you have a complex about being English, you're projecting it now. Im just talking about a serial cheat cheating on the biggest stage. Who happens to be English
Sure...your quotes across threads bear our the fact that you're DEFINITELY NOT anti English :lol:

jackal&hyde

Sure...your quotes across threads bear our the fact that you're DEFINITELY NOT anti English :lol:
No to derail the thread but is this "anti English" even a thing? If anything it's the English media and government that for years now keep pointing the finger at Europe (France, Germany, Eastern Europe, EU, etc) for any and all of their problems culminating in Brexit. That after that type of behaviour people like to take the piss from time to time at England's expense seems very reasonable.

abundance

Supports
Inter
I can only see one scumbag here...

Infuriating that there's enough of these xenophobic morons on this forum that they feel they comfortable enough to be overtly offensive. Imagine the outrage if anyone posted this about any other nationality. The irony is, the English are too generous, and would hold anyone to account for such a comment about any other nationality. Yet they are to apologetic to oppose casual bigotry against themselves, due to a self deprecating and non confrontational nature. Despite this, the anti English bigots continue to be louder and louder.

Hang your head in shame son. Footballs coming home, and it tastes so damn good.
I'm in awe thinking about what such passion could do for somebody able to spell trequartista.

SER19

No to derail the thread but is this "anti English" even a thing? If anything it's the English media and government that for years now keep pointing the finger at Europe (France, Germany, Eastern Europe, EU, etc) for any and all of their problems culminating in Brexit. That after that type of behaviour people like to take the piss from time to time at England's expense seems very reasonable.
It may well be, but talking about Henry's cheating wasn't anti French, Rivaldo not anti Brazilian, and sterling's career of cheating not anti English. Its being used now as a defence against the discomfort of cheating