Television Homeland | Season 5 spoilers

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Who is this numpty and can he be thread banned for being a trolling tossbag?
Pardon?

I have watched the show just like yourself, and again like yourself, I have the right to voice my opinion on the show. I offered my opinion that Homeland wasn't living up to its hype, for me (what a crime!), but I took issue with That'sHernandez's rather patronising tone and condescension thereafter.

The only 'tossbag' in this argument is TH, as others have attested to.

Cina

Pardon?

I have watched the show just like yourself, and again like yourself, I have the right to voice my opinion on the show. I offered my opinion that Homeland wasn't living up to its hype, for me (what a crime!), but I took issue with That'sHernandez's rather patronising tone and condescension thereafter.

The only 'tossbag' in this argument is TH, as others have attested to.
And you'd come out of this a lot better if you didn't keep bringing it back up.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I was as critical as anyone during the second season. I even stopped watching it for a few weeks after the ridiculous terrorist SWAT team in the tailor shop.

Bear Attack

The entire Nazir thing was ridiculous and the show has lost a lot of credibility. I actually couldn't watch it anymore because it got too preposterous. It was almost as if they completely changed the writing staff halfway through. Going against the tide though, I think that the opener to the third season is quite promising. One of the most interesting dynamics, for me, has been Saul and Carrie and I think they've made the right move by running with it.

That'sHernandez

The first should have ended with Brody killing the Veep, he should have gone through with it. If they wanted to make another season out of it, there are still plenty of avenues they could have gone down if they chose to be creative.

Bear Attack

Yup. And this season should have been the second, with them exploring the political ramifications behind the attack.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
The entire Nazir thing was ridiculous and the show has lost a lot of credibility. I actually couldn't watch it anymore because it got too preposterous. It was almost as if they completely changed the writing staff halfway through. Going against the tide though, I think that the opener to the third season is quite promising. One of the most interesting dynamics, for me, has been Saul and Carrie and I think they've made the right move by running with it.

Completely agreed, borderline cringeworthy. Although everything else on the show is very well done, top show to watch either way.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The first should have ended with Brody killing the Veep, he should have gone through with it. If they wanted to make another season out of it, there are still plenty of avenues they could have gone down if they chose to be creative.
But we would never had that beautiful scene with Abu Nazir hiding and how Carrie "figured out" where he was :lol:
That was classic TV ...

That'sHernandez

I don't know what fanboyism has to do with it. You were still moaning about a comment someone made to you in June in some passive-aggressive manner.
I'm pretty sure he's obsessed with me.

jem

Has there been no comment on the first episode yet? I thought it was actually pretty decent.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It was leaked a few weeks ago. The 1st ep only aired on TV in the states last night.

Did you not wonder why you saw a green screen instead of a crater when Saul was looking out the window?

Cina

It was leaked a few weeks ago. The 1st ep only aired on TV in the states last night.

Did you not wonder why you saw a green screen instead of a crater when Saul was looking out the window?
It did say "CRATER" on the green screen though, so that was considerate of them.

LARulz

Decent ending but Carrie still annoys the hell out of me. As does that daughter, actually, that whole lot does and now they've added a grandmother to it. Saul seems a bit over the place and the smarter version of Dexter's Quinn in this is at least slightly entertaining.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
That was a good episode, I thought. Quite tense with the hits on the terrorist associates, great stuff between Carrie/Saul and the Senator and a nice ending. Couldn't really see where they were going to go with this season so that was a pleasant surprise.

Shout out to the Dexter wannabe who had his head sawn off.

(Does he deserve a shout out? He was crap in Dexter...)

That'sHernandez

Carrie's life choices really disappoint me at times. I want someone to come in and settle her down so she doesn't act like a lunatic all the time.

jem

Yeah I was wondering about that. Thought it might be some new gimmick.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
This Dana/Zach from Dexter plotline is unbearable. The scene in the bathroom with Mrs Brody was good but that whole thing needs to stop quickly.

The other half of the show is mostly decent in my opinion, even if there is a real danger of the Carrie/insanity thing dragging out far too much. Sort of wish she'd caused a massive shitstorm with the media but it wasn't to be.

*Ah, and the guy who plays Saul is such a good actor! I know that's not exactly brand new information but it sticks out in every scene he's in.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Agree with all of that mate. Dana is fecking unbearable, even before she found out her dad tried to kill the VP she was a little shit. Saul is a great character, and he's coming to terms with how he has screwed Carrie big time.

Where the hell is Damian Lewis!!!! I'm not going through half a season without seeing him.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
It's been better than expected. I'm glad they kept Rupert Friend on board, his "I only kill bad guys" scene with David Estes at the end of last season made him one of the more interesting characters on the show.

Dana can't act for shit, that is one expressionless face. Loving Mandy Patinkin and F. Murray Abraham too.

LARulz

Fed up of this but will stick it through for a bit longer. Claire crying in every scene possible is just annoying. If they didn't make her do that the last 2 years this would have been good but its lost all meaning now, she just has to cries and over act more.

That scene where Saul has a go at the analyst was a bit harsh I thought but he's the only actor I actually believe. He's too good for this show.

As for Dana, I just skip those scenes.

Bear Attack

Fed up of this but will stick it through for a bit longer. Claire crying in every scene possible is just annoying. If they didn't make her do that the last 2 years this would have been good but its lost all meaning now, she just has to cries and over act more.

That scene where Saul has a go at the analyst was a bit harsh I thought but he's the only actor I actually believe. He's too good for this show.

:lol: I thought I was the only one

As for the show, it's a complete snoozefest right now.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

He was class on Criminal Minds. I might do the same with the Dana scenes from now on.

Brophs

The One and Only
Not really enjoyed this season either. It just feels really ragged. The second season had gotten quite daft but now they seem to be sort of retreating to the more personal stories, albeit with the odd mental conspiracy theory storyline thrown in. Brody's wife doesn't seem much of a character without him. His daughter's suicide storyline already feels tired, albeit I reckon her boyfriend will end up being a problem. Carrie's mental issues again feel really played out. How many times can they do the "Nooooo, Carrie, you don't know what you're saying, because you're mental, you silly bitch.....oh, actually you were right. Come back and work for us. If you're not with us you're against us" routine?

I'll stick with it, as I suspect they'll change things up soon enough, but at the moment it's a bit of a slog.

Keenst

I can't understand the amount of time dedicated to Dana. Are they trying to target a teeny-bopper audience? What sort of person enjoys watching shit like that? She's a horrible actress to boot. It's a shame she didn't finish the job....

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I don't think the problem with this show is the pace. The problem is that I don't care for Carrie's character now. In Season 1, I did and even through most of season 2. I think they wanted audience to feel the devastation Carrie felt in these two episodes and I don't think they succeeded in any way.