Television Homeland | Season 5 spoilers

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I dont believe that Brody was involved in the CIA explosion in the finale.

For me the show lost its spark the moment Brody told the CIA that Abu Nazir had entered the USA, thats the moment the we knew which side he was on.
The helicopter kidnapping leading up to that was terrible but it could have worked if Brody had gone back to the CIA and gave them all the information necessary to stop Roya's attack but not told them about meeting Nazir.

Then Brody and Nazir would have been free to finish off the vice president in a more credible way than that bullshit "dont you understand? i'm killing you"/death by remote control pacemaker/kidnap idea.

Plus they should have done what they never had the balls to do in the first series and kill off Brody.

I hope Quinn comes back for the third series, the 'I kill bad guys' scene in Estes' house was cool although it did just remind me of Bond.

Cina

I think I could watch a show just about Quinn, Jack Bauer style. He was definitely the best thing about the season.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
A few possible plot holes, the day at the cabin imagining that they wouldn't be missed or observed seemed to be the main one although they did cover some of the seeming plot holes from the last episode. So it was a partial save. The bomb was ok if them being absent was a bit contrived. Unless Quinn has other motives I also don't see whay he would really give a toss about Brody and Carrie to the point of not following orders. Sol was and is by far the best thing about the show and has been since episode 1 of the first series.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
The guy who plays Saul is bloody brilliant. Quinn is awesome as well.

Think it could've been absolutely perfect if she'd gone over the border with Brody, and at that point he revealed to her he'd played her, knocker her out or killed her, and pissed off. But Showtime never ask me my opinion.

Even though, enjoyed it thoroughly, more than most of you on here, liked the soft pace of the first half hour and the tense atmosphere of the ending and was genuinely surprised by the bombing (thought they did that quite well with Nazir's burrial at see in parallel). Will look forward to season 3.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
I hated every single second this teenage shitface was on the show! Open your fcking mouth when you talk you mumbling "OMG this is bullshit" frustrated and misunderstood dumb child idiot!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah nothing wrong with Dana. People hate characters for stupid reasons. At least the stuff she does make sense and is rational. Chris however is a pointless sack of shit. feck Chris.

Leg-End

It has to be said for all the credit Lewis & Danes get, Mandy Patinkin is top class even if he has a girls name.

MclarenMP4

Yeah nothing wrong with Dana. People hate characters for stupid reasons. At least the stuff she does make sense and is rational. Chris however is a pointless sack of shit. feck Chris.
Dana is shit though, she sounds like she's baked all the time & she smiled in one episode and it was contrived.
Chris is just pointless & appears to be completely oblivious to anything that is going on.

wr8_utd

:'(
I hated every single second this teenage shitface was on the show! Open your fcking mouth when you talk you mumbling "OMG this is bullshit" frustrated and misunderstood dumb child idiot!

Completely agree. She really annoys me a lot. It would be great if there was a lot less of her in the next season.

vanthaman

Winner
How old is she? Is it like that girl in walking dead who is supposed to be about 12 bit is really 23?

Googled it, She's 18, looks 12

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Completely agree. She really annoys me a lot. It would be great if there was a lot less of her in the next season.
Agreed. She is even more annoying than Sara Tancredi or Skyler White...

2x G.N. Sweepstake Winner, Apprentice Winner 2013
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place.
No problems with Dana, I liked the fact that they gave her a story arc this season and it tied in to the whole Brody storyline as well when she wasn't allowed to confess to the police.

Chris is the most pointless character on TV at the moment. Jess is a character I hate, the hypocritical bitch! Gets all up in a huff when Brody speaks with Carrie when she's boning Mike on the side.

Quinn = fecking cool. Like seriously fecking cool. Had my doubts when he first got introduced but like the direction they took him in.

Finally, the finale was a bit underwhelming IMO. I thought it had ended 60 minutes in but to my surprise it just carried on going. The final scene didn't really have as much impact as expected. I also wonder how they're going to keep Brody involved now that he's on the run and far away from anything going on. At least in Prison Break, the police weren't too far behind most of the time.

I'll still watch the show, if not for the plot then definitely for the tits.

binary bot
Just caught up on season two and it just got worse and worse as it went on, a few things;

- Saul was the best thing about it in the end, he seemed to be the only character who didn't do a complete U turn on who they were in the first place. Some of his lines were actually quite funny which added to it.
- Can't say the same for Quinn who went from being a dick who hated Carrie and everything she did to someone who thought she was brilliant, it'd be more plausible if he actually turned out to be Adam Johnson in the end.
- Dana permanently talks in that teenager moody stereotype that every show from the beginning of time plays on, it's frustrating. Just narrowly missing out on most pointless character to her brother, who they remembered existed half way through season 2 so that he could occasionally hug a few people.
- The Nazir capture has to be one of the biggest letdowns I've seen in any TV show, somehow he manages to evade about 4 Swat teams, then when his location is finally discovered, the Swat teams' radio conveniently stops working.
- In the final episode Carrie goes from pointing a gun to his head to running away and almost living happily ever after in the space of 30 seconds.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody else fancy the pants off brody's wife?

He definitely must be messed up to be leaving her for carrie.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
She looks quite ugly at the best of times. Especially when she lets her hair rest behind her ears and ends up looking like a shit elf.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
lol. At times carrie can look hot, i dont know if its just shes proper mental and u know she'd be great in the sack.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Finally got round to watching the last 2 episodes. Don't know what to think really. I did enjoy it but it's certainly lost the magic of the first series and half of the 2nd.

The plot holes have already been mentioned but it was extremely retarded how the whole FBI missed that Abu Nazir was hiding behind a fecking crate (!) and then when it was eventually discovered a sole soldier wandered into it without thinking to regroup the squad.

I'm keen to know where they will take it now with no Abu Nazir and I'm interested to see how Carrie explains her whereabouts whilst she was helping Brody escape.

I think I could watch a show just about Quinn, Jack Bauer style. He was definitely the best thing about the season.
I liked Quinn. When he was watching them get it on through the scope I was secretly hoping he'd reach down and have a little fumble. Sadly, though, he just sat back and ate a tin of tuna. A metephor there perhaps? :smirk:

I did cringe when he threatened David though with his "I'm a guy that kills bad guys." line...

Cina

Can't believe it swept the Globes ago. Best drama, best actor and best actress. Ridiculous considering how poor the second season was really.

Quinton Fortune

Think Breaking Bad got robbed big time, I thought that Homeland was ok this season but nothing special. Breaking Bad probably lost out because it copped out with a half season.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Can't believe it swept the Globes ago. Best drama, best actor and best actress. Ridiculous considering how poor the second season was really.
It's because they did not nominate anyone from it after its first season. So this was to compensate for that. Globes are a joke for TV anyway

Zen

Claire Danes 3 Times GG Lead Actress winner.

though tbf, she was brilliant in my so-called life.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
She looks quite ugly at the best of times. Especially when she lets her hair rest behind her ears and ends up looking like a shit elf.
Still hotter than Carrie, ffs.
Claire Danes is fit. The sexy type of fit and all in Homeland. Not too appealing when she's going mental and all watery eyed, but she's just a complete milf apart from that.

Cina

Jesus, you should really look this stuff up before making such bold statements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/69th_Golden_Globe_Awards
Homeland
American Horror Story
Boardwalk Empire
Boss
Game of Thrones

Claire Danes – Homeland as Carrie Mathison
Mireille Enos – The Killing as Sarah Linden
Julianna Margulies – The Good Wife as Alicia Florrick
Madeleine Stowe – Revenge as Victoria Grayson
Callie Thorne – Necessary Roughness as Dr. Danielle "Dani" Santino
EDIT: I saw that post before your edit :)

Leg-End

I thought Season 2 was good but Boardwalk Empire Season 3 shat on it from a great height.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Claire Danes 3 Times GG Lead Actress winner.

though tbf, she was brilliant in my so-called life.
She was annoying as feck. Much preferred her in Temple Grandin or even just the first series of this.

Baxter

I've had season 1 on my Laptop for ages now. Never got round to watching it. After my last exam tomorrow I will.

solvista

Shawshank redemption
I just, errm, acquired the complete first season - 12 episodes.

Problem is, when I played the first episode the first thing I heard was "Previously on Homeland".

Am I missing something?