Television Homeland | Season 5 spoilers

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The perfect end would have been him tripping the switch at the end of series 1.

Cina

Yeah I think most of us would agree on that. It would have been one of the finest seasons of TV I'd watched if that was the case.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
So I've just caught up with this. Was going brilliant early on, completely the right thing to do plot wise.

Then I got to the secret terrorist cell helicopter bit...and then the terrorist leader gets in America by shaving his beard bit....and then the terrorist leader goes all James Bond villan bit...then I got a bit sad.

Brophs

The One and Only
Wibble thinks every show would be improved by the addition of a suicide bomber ending.

Mockney

I thought that at the end of Season 1. Then I was actually impressed they took such an early, sensible change of tac (it couldn't have survived another whole series of will he wont he)

If they'd resisted going all Air Force One, it could've been a master stroke. It looks fecked now though tbf.

Brophs

The One and Only
The only way to go now is to have hour long sex scenes featuring Morena Baccarin.

Cina

The reason I started watching this is cause I was told she got them out, therefore I approve.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It was clearly stated that the tactical teams go in pairs. So when they go in with Carrie, why are there not two with her? The rest of the team just feck off and a Carrie with no sleep spots the hiding place. Oh dear.

Lots of other stupid things as well.

Brophs

The One and Only
Cos Carrie, the woman with obvious mental issues and very bad acting skills, became the second member of the team. Safe.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
When the team found Nazir they just aimed their guns at him in silence, nobody told him to get face down on the ground or anything. They just looked at him as if he was going to arrest himself. Then they shoot him and go back to being completely silent. Nobody goes to secure the target, make sure he's dead, etc... instead they carry on looking at him and let Carrie wander up to him so she can slouch and most likely angry cry at his probably dead body.

Cina

This is the problem, when you think a show has gone to shit, then you start to notice far more problems and plot-holes. I'm sure season one had quite a few too.

I re-watched the first season of Dexter over the weekend, it's absolutely riddled with daft bits, but it was so good that at the time I never paid attention or cared cause the writing and story kept me so enthralled. It was the same in season one/early season two of Homeland, but I've seen the show totally implode, I'm practically looking for stupidity in it now.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
There were two men, one got lost so Carrie went to find him and the other man got his throat slit. Not that them splitting up to find him makes any more sense. Nitpicking in a Showtime show is pointless because you signed up for that in the first place. They're not grounded in reality and don't pretend to be, IMO.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There weren't just two men. There was a whole team, who we were specifically told work in pairs. Unless they decided Carrie, with no helmet or weapon was now this guy's pair.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Wibble thinks every show would be improved by the addition of a suicide bomber ending.
Everyone dying at the end of every series worked for Blackadder.

I was praying (well hoping actually) that Christian Bale would blow himself up during The Dark Night Rises. In retrospect the first 10 minutes would have been the right time. And most reality and talent shows would also be improved. And we could have been spared decades of various soap operas. Imagine a Neighbours where that latest pretty boy/girl talent void explodes every time Alf says "flamin' Galah".

In fact you could combine the reality and suicide bomber genres in one show. When the majority of the audience push their button the untalented gimp on stage would blow up. A second device would be attached to Simon Cowell only he wouldn't blow up until everyone in the world thought he was a dickhead. So about half way through episode 1.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
This thread has been a bit quiet recently.

I'm going to watch the final episode of the second season in 30 minutes.

Has anoybody already watched it? Impressions?

Cornell

I found It quite tedious for the most part but i'm really interested to see how the Brody on the run angle plays out next season.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Good episode, of course now we think it's going to be interesting, but I'm not a big fan of third seasons, actually, however I'll continue watching, no doubt about that.

Quinn, hehe.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Thought it was one of the poorest episodes of the series

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I think it was an improvement on last 3-4 episodes. I have problems with buying the whole Danes-Lewis thing. 'This is Love' thing did not work for me. Their relationship plays better when you are kept guessing if it is genuine or one is playing the other.

Also I think they really ought to have killed of Brody by now. The fugitive on the run angle now... really? Would have been better to end his story as a tragedy with him dying taking the blame for all those deaths even when he did not do it.

Essentially this is going to go as I expected after S1. This is a cash cow for Showtime, they are going to milk it for quite some time.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
At the end of episode of 11, I felt there was no where for Brody to go. And the writers managed to find a way. So fair play to them even though it isn't making as much sense as it did before.

vuc

First Team Serb
I thought it was very good.

I was skeptical as to how much more longevity the show would have, but now I can see how it can still be solid for S3.

One thing about the pacing; Did anyone notice how it felt like the episode was wrapped up halfway through?

Mockney

I agree with Eboue, it was entertaining, but probably quite dumb when you think about it. At least they managed to tie it back to the Gettysburg nonsense.

It actually felt like watching half a finale, and half of the first episode of another season. Most shows would've ended half way through that, and then have the first ep of season 3 deal with everything that came after. But in keeping with the rapid fire plot movement of this season, they left slow pacing and subtlety behind a long, long time ago.

Still, I enjoyed watching it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah it was decent. I'm surprised they came up with a way to keep it going but it's interesting enough to keep me watching.

nooshka

I loved it, really not sure though how Carrie is gonna explain where she was. Am also still wondering whether Brody did actually have anyhting to do with the car bomb?

LARulz

Compared to the last 6 episodes, that was in a league of its own. Don't get me wrong, silly moments, but comparing to the previous episodes it wasn't as silly. I was ready to pack it in up until the explosion, that kept me slightly interested.

Cina

I thought it was awful to be honest.

The whole way through I was hoping Brody would be killed off, but no, they find a way to keep him in it for a third season, which going by the way they ended it, will be even more dumb than the last half of the season.

I'm also slightly confused as to how Carrie can just walk in the room at the end there, without them going "haaaang on, you and Brody are together, and you both disappeared, where have you been for the last day, where the feck is Brody, you're helping a terrorist, we're going to arrest you now."

LARulz

I thought it was awful to be honest.

The whole way through I was hoping Brody would be killed off, but no, they find a way to keep him in it for a third season, which going by the way they ended it, will be even more dumb than the last half of the season.

I'm also slightly confused as to how Carrie can just walk in the room at the end there, without them going "haaaang on, you and Brody are together, and you both disappeared, where have you been for the last day, where the feck is Brody, you're helping a terrorist, we're going to arrest you now."
Nobody else really knows they were together

Cina

Even still, they were both missing for a day, how does that not add up? I'm sure quite a few CIA members were aware, seeing as around 20 people heard them banging each other before.

Sally Cinnamon

I kind of enjoyed it, but only because I couldn't care one bit about any of the characters anymore or what happens. I just watch it these days for a laugh when reading the comments on reddit about Chris. (That's Brody's son by the way)

Brophs

The One and Only
Oh good. Carrie did her scrunched up crying face once more before the season ended.

Leg-End

They could have ended the Brody character and kicked some new life into it going forward but no yet again we are gonna get the Carrie vs The Government convincing them of what she knows, only this time it will be the opposite with her pleading his innocence. That's not to say they won't make it good, I'm watching anyway but Brody has done the old escape job one too many times now, its predictable and lazy writing.

The whole bomb scene was quite silly really, I mean Carrie really couldn't wait 10 minutes at a Vice Presidents memorial service to tell Brody she was going with him? Brody isn't sitting right up front even though he was a close ally and the last person with him before he died? It was such an obvious setup that I knew shit was going down and yet again those two would escape it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's too convinient that the bomb went off when both Carrie and Brody were at a safe distance from it.I really hope this was some plan by Abu Nazir and Brody together otherwise the entire thing is too un-original