Television Homeland | Season 5 spoilers

LARulz

The helicopter... jeez... The episode was really really strong up until that bit. That was just fecking ridiculous.. the CIA are tracking them but don't see or hear a helicopter coming. And even after that supposedly can't track a copter which just magically vanished and lands at the villain's lair. Them not moving in immediately to capture the new guy also made little sense when just a day ago they were ready to blow the whole Brody operation.
I agree with everything you have said except that part slightly. I think they were ready to blow the operation because they thought Brody fecked it all up by pissing the woman off so he's useless. As long as he's with them then no point jumping the gun.

But how the hell non of the other cars heard a helicopter coming and how Nazir just seems to have wondered in the country with a clean shave is just insane.

wr8_utd

:'(
The last scene wasn't really as ridiculous as some here are making it out to be and not on 24 levels at all. Sure it was a bit strange but you have to accept that even the best of shows will have some ridiculous moments to suit their plot. Really really liked the episode despite the ...strange end.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
I'm confused as feck. Where has the Quinn storyline came from? Since when was he suspicious? I feel like I've missed something.

EDIT: Never mind, should probably have waited a bit as it gets explained.

What an episode though! Loved it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Great episode
Warning: Speculation
Anyone think this is all some masterplan from Nazir to sacrifice an already compromised cell in order to prepare his real attack ? I'm saying this because I think Brody and him will eventually kill the Vice President

wr8_utd

Great episode
Warning: Speculation
Anyone think this is all some masterplan from Nazir to sacrifice an already compromised cell in order to prepare his real attack ? I'm saying this because I think Brody and him will eventually kill the Vice President
Having watched the promo for next week, I can assure you that's not the case.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I haven't seen this since the tailor shop raid at the end of an episode, did it pick up or get worse? I kind of got disenchanted with it after that

Sally Cinnamon

I haven't seen this since the tailor shop raid at the end of an episode, did it pick up or get worse? I kind of got disenchanted with it after that
Last week's episode was pretty silly to say the least. I'll keep watching though and finish the season. This week's was very good. Plus boobs.

vanthaman

Winner
I'm confused as feck. Where has the Quinn storyline came from? Since when was he suspicious? I feel like I've missed something.

EDIT: Never mind, should probably have waited a bit as it gets explained.

What an episode though! Loved it.
Just finished the episode and I still don't understand why they were suspicuous???

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't they were suspicious from the start, they never heard of Quinn, specially since he told them he worked for the CIA for a number of years.He was too clean and unknown

LARulz

Having watched the promo for next week, I can assure you that's not the case.
Promo's are there to mislead. Also if Nazir is talking to Brody he may already know Brody's phone etc is tapped and therefore doing his best to make it seem like its over. But saying that, you'd think Nazir wants Brody in.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Last week's episode was pretty silly to say the least. I'll keep watching though and finish the season. This week's was very good. Plus boobs.
Yeah, nice boobs, they really tied the story together in my opinion.

I was kinda surprised by that sudden what the hell is going on here with Quinn moment as well, I think I missed a crucial line and was speculating the shit out of myself before I understood what they were up to. Still shady stuff.

LARulz

I still don't get why they decided to break into his apartment, was it mentioned?
I'll spoiler in case

Saul said he only thought they'd watch him not break in. But I think Saul knew they would. Nobody had really heard of this guy before and he's been given this massive operation to run all of a sudden, hence why Saul was suspicious.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'm watching at UK pace and I just realised people here are talking about next weeks episode. I was like WTF :lol: *leaves thread immediately*

vanthaman

Winner
I'll spoiler in case

Saul said he only thought they'd watch him not break in. But I think Saul knew they would. Nobody had really heard of this guy before and he's been given this massive operation to run all of a sudden, hence why Saul was suspicious.
Cheers, I vaguely remember Saul say that now

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
That was a brilliant episode, I guess we have finally seen Estes' true emotive feelings towards Brody currently

Cornell

Promo's are there to mislead. Also if Nazir is talking to Brody he may already know Brody's phone etc is tapped and therefore doing his best to make it seem like its over. But saying that, you'd think Nazir wants Brody in.
Also when Carrie, Saul & Quinn are talking to Brody about his conversation with Nazir he fails to mention the Islamic prayer thing they partook in. The way it went down I think the writers/director wanted you to keep that in the back of the mind going forward. So your theory is pretty plausible I reckon.

Cina

That was a great episode after last weeks disappointment.

I understand the suspicion of Quinn. He was only supposed to be an Analyst after all, not exactly a high rank yet he was given control of the operation. Presumably this new high up guy will play a big part in things to come now.

Was anyone else sort of hoping that he killed Brody at the end? For me it just felt like the right time to end his plot and move on. For some annoying reason I think he'll still be in season 3 though.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
great episode.

The probelm for these guys is that we are all know trained in the arts of conspiracy by 7 seasons of 24 so will all try and work out what the double bluff is. Which is why its pointless as Im sure the writers and director have double de-bluffs in play.

And so there is no point speculating, may as well just enjoy the ride! Only a few episodes left til the season finale ... and hopefully Spartacus will then come on screen!

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
That was a great episode after last weeks disappointment.

I understand the suspicion of Quinn. He was only supposed to be an Analyst after all, not exactly a high rank yet he was given control of the operation. Presumably this new high up guy will play a big part in things to come now.

Was anyone else sort of hoping that he killed Brody at the end? For me it just felt like the right time to end his plot and move on. For some annoying reason I think he'll still be in season 3 though.
I get the impression with Brody that he's a bit too main a character at this point for him to be written out the show completely, but I suppose it depends on what direction the 3rd season is meant to go in. That last episode suggests that the rest of the family wants less and less to do with Brody as a whole, so it'll be interesting to see where that goes and whether it opens up the possibility for the series to naturally move on in another direction.

Must admit though, I'm thoroughly enjoying the scenes and dialogue involving Brody and Carrie and don't really want to see the end of him. The writers have got it spot on with that love affair, although I'm not really sure where it's going and how much longer they can carry on with it.

wr8_utd

I'd want Brody to be there in Season 3 because he's really a brilliant actor. He's done a great job on this show and I can't see them killing him off so soon.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
A very small part of me wants this all to be some sort of grand master plan where Brody develops over time into an agent fully fighting against terrorism, where he finally kills Abu Nazeer, and as a consequence forms the new counter-terrorism unit, climaxing with Brody shouldering his handgun and repeating his new government-issued name......Jack Bauer.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I'm still holding out hope that he is a proper terrorist and he has been playing them the entire time.

It is turning into 24 though and really has not been as good as season 1 for me.

Vooon

I'd want Brody to be there in Season 3 because he's really a brilliant actor. He's done a great job on this show and I can't see them killing him off so soon.
I think they´ll kill the whole thing if they kill Brody, and I guess Nazir as well... since they´re making a third season I assume this will somehow end with both surviving whatever is going to happen. I don´t think I want to watch the producers/writers milking this series dry by introducing completely new bad guys the next season. I can´t see how they´re going to keep the momentum for a third season of twelve episodes at the moment either.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I'm still holding out hope that he is a proper terrorist and he has been playing them the entire time.

It is turning into 24 though and really has not been as good as season 1 for me.
Shits all over 24.

That was a brilliant episode. Typical Carrie at the end...absolutely mad.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I thought it was poor bar some good set pieces between different characters. A lot of stuff simply did not make sense or required too much suspension of belief. No subtlety in Nazir kidnapping Carrie and black-mailing Brody. Liked the conversation between carrie and Nazir though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought it was quite poor too. The Nazir kidnapping Carrie thing was ridiculous. Like it was plucked straight out of a plot from 24.

Cina

Yeah I thought it was a bit crap, it's just all over the place now. They packed all the good stuff into the first few episodes and now it seems like they don't know where to go with it anymore.

I sadly think the show has run out of steam and needs to end before it tarnishes itself.

Vooon

Yeah I thought it was a bit crap, it's just all over the place now. They packed all the good stuff into the first few episodes and now it seems like they don't know where to go with it anymore.

I sadly think the show has run out of steam and needs to end before it tarnishes itself.
Myeah, I can't decide what to think, Brody is getting more and more weird with his frequent personality and loyalty changes. I've probably said this a couple of times, but I don't know if I like the idea of a third season.

And how are one to supposed to interpret that guy suddenly turning up with an injured arm after Carrie was ran over? It's obvious they're looking for a leak. Suspicious much?

Cina

Myeah, I can't decide what to think, Brody is getting more and more weird with his frequent personality and loyalty changes. I've probably said this a couple of times, but I don't know if I like the idea of a third season.

And how are one to supposed to interpret that guy suddenly turning up with an injured arm after Carrie was ran over? It's obvious they're looking for a leak. Suspicious much?
He was one of the people shot in the attack on the tailor shop, and was in hospital for a while, that's why his arm was in a cast.