Gaming Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5)

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

4K version… why couldn’t they just stream it at 4K :lol:
This looked absolutely gorgeous. Stream was dogshite though. It didn't look impressive during the stream but the moment I saw this video, I was immensely impressed. I have no idea how this will even play on PS4.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Looks great

Still holding out hope that they're going to hit the 2021 release date that they said they're aiming for. Apparently, the game is still on track according to the developers. I'm going for November, fingers crossed.

b82REZ

Looks great

Still holding out hope that they're going to hit the 2021 release date that they said they're aiming for. Apparently, the game is still on track according to the developers. I'm going for November, fingers crossed.
It will required a shit loads of crunch for a 2021 release. Not beyond the realms of possibility but I was told Q1 2022 is the most likely.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It will required a shit loads of crunch for a 2021 release. Not beyond the realms of possibility but I was told Q1 2022 is the most likely.
Yeah, probably will be next year. As you say, January seems a good time to release it. If they don't announce it by July/August then it's definitely off for this year. Be a shame, because God of War definitely isn't being released this year. So it would be nice to have one of them.

b82REZ

Yeah, probably will be next year. As you say, January seems a good time to release it. If they don't announce it by July/August then it's definitely off for this year. Be a shame, because God of War definitely isn't being released this year. So it would be nice to have one of them.
I'd imagine March/April. Similar release window as the first one.

Bosws87

Hopefully they include an option to drop the resolution down to something like 1440p and play it at 60fps, games like this deserve the fluid control and combat.

Similar to the setup in spiderman.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Hopefully they include an option to drop the resolution down to something like 1440p and play it at 60fps, games like this deserve the fluid control and combat.

Similar to the setup in spiderman.
Spiderman is 40k 60fps and they actually added another mode to keep rtx and 60fps together.

It's not 480fps though is it

Bosws87

Spiderman is 40k 60fps and they actually added another mode to keep rtx and 60fps together.

It's not 480fps though is it
Spiderman is dynamic resolution to keep 60fps as far as i know, might be a 4k output but it's not a true 4k image.

the rtx mode is 1080p rendered resolution then checkerboard used to output a 4k image.

In a perfect world the AMD Super resolution (direct competitor to DLSS of Nvidia) will reach a point like the nvidia counterpart where a game will hit 4k 60 and due to the tech it will be very hard to differentiate between native and upscaled.

I'm not sure on the console's setup but i remember reading that their is no hardware strictly dedicated to this feature in AMD Gpu's compared to Nvidia GPU's which gives nvidia a huge advantage.

You can meme about high frame rates as much as you want but until you regularly play at 240hz and above you won't understand the huge difference to the feel of a game ;)

Massive Spanner

You can meme about high frame rates as much as you want but until you regularly play at 240hz and above you won't understand the huge difference to the feel of a game ;)
I play at 144mhz, don't think you're talking to some bitch made gamer, I'll come over to yours and clock you right in the jabber with me frames mate you bloody watch it.

Bosws87

I play at 144mhz, don't think you're talking to some bitch made gamer, I'll come over to yours and clock you right in the jabber with me frames mate you bloody watch it.
at least you are making progress and can agree you can clearly feel when a game is at 60 and one is at 144 it’s not some made up science!

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I don't see how games for ps5 are still being made for ps4 I want my next gen console to look in a different league to the last. Not be vaguely distinguishable.
For example you wouldn't need to do a split screen side by side of mgs1 vs mgs2 to see the difference in graphics (obviously they're 2 different games)
I'm no expert by any means but if this game is being made for both consoles then is it not technically as good as it could've been.
(Top Gear's Porsche Cayman review from years back)

Widow

It is at home. :lol:

Just don't really want to play games at the dining table and it's too small tbh.

Meh who am I kidding. I wish I had the time spare to justify one.
There are deals to be had on monitors.

I've just grabbed a SAMSUNG LU28R550UQUXEN 4K Ultra HD 28” LED ips Monitor from the currys discount eBay page. £300 down to £205 then a voucher (they offer to everyone) reducing it to £185! Brand new but had a damaged box, great monitor!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'll be interested to see how this game runs on the PS4. Obviously the video we seen was running on the PS5 so i assume a lot of that will be scaled back quite substantially for the PS4. Still disappointed it's cross-gen, to be honest. Seems like it's going to be a disservice to both consoles

Massive Spanner

I'll be interested to see how this game runs on the PS4. Obviously the video we seen was running on the PS5 so i assume a lot of that will be scaled back quite substantially for the PS4. Still disappointed it's cross-gen, to be honest. Seems like it's going to be a disservice to both consoles
In fairness HZD looked incredible even on my launch PS4, I'm sure they'll do a good job. it's really not as big a deal as people are suggesting. It's not like the PS3 that had completely different hardware to develop for.

Fully Fledged

It looks good. Horizon and GoW are the 2 franchises that Play Station has that I would like to play. I must admit that I haven't gotten around the playing Zero Dawn yet even though it's been on steam for almost a year. I might give it a go sometime soon. Just need to upgrade my SSD before I start downloading anymore games. Either that or finish the ones I'm playing and uninstall them.
My one problem with it is her running commentary. I think that might get old rather quickly.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
In fairness HZD looked incredible even on my launch PS4, I'm sure they'll do a good job. it's really not as big a deal as people are suggesting. It's not like the PS3 that had completely different hardware to develop for.
I know that. That isn't my issue, really. It's got nothing to do with that.

There's obviously going to be some compromises made (which I think even the developers have alluded to) by designing a game for cross-gen. I have no doubt that the game will look incredible on the PS5, but that's just one (almost superficial) aspect of it. The PS4 version probably isn't going to be close to what we saw in that gameplay showcase, and the PS5 could have been so much more. This is not the same thing as saying it's going to be shite - far from it. I have no doubt it's going to be really good, but if they solely focused on a proper PS5 exclusive, then it would be truly special, IMO.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This is going to blow the first one out the water isn’t it?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I've only ever bought one special edition in all my years of gaming; Assassins Creed 3, of all games. Never again.

It is tempting though.

RedDevilRoshi

This is going to blow the first one out the water isn’t it?
Hopefully! The gameplay looked fantastic in that state of play event they did back in May. I just hope they don’t over complicate the story as thought the 1st one was terrific.