Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
A lot of the book fans are a bit disappointed with Daemon’s portrayal in the show. In the books he was genuinely sad at his wife’s death, and a very good father.

Also by this stage in the books (ep9 show) Alicant and Rhynaera are much more morally corrupted, egHer husband does get murdered for her to marry Daemon, and Daemon doesn’t kill that guy in the courtroom, Rhynaera feeds him to her dragon
Good book chat always welcome in here.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Really enjoyed this. Totally disagree with the guy who says he doesn't give a toss about anyone. I think there's reason to be sympathetic to people on both sides and they really built the escalation well in the final few episodes.

Sylar

I can't believe it's been leaked
Hbo need to stamp that out even with things abroad. It's mad

And people are discussing it in here and then will act like they had no clue ... Ffs :lol:

AlPistacho

Can’t wait for this to start. Managed to avoid season finale spoilers. I think Twitter must have a new algorithm for things like this and stop spoiler hashtags from trending on the main page.

AlPistacho

I can't believe it's been leaked
Hbo need to stamp that out even with things abroad. It's mad

And people are discussing it in here and then will act like they had no clue ... Ffs :lol:
I remember back in 08 movies leaking early from pre screeners was very common. Used to watch quite a few movies in DVD quality online before they were out in cinema. But then Hollywood stopped it.

Without spoiling the finale. How did it leak and where to? Because I’ve been too scared to search that incase it leads to spoilers.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Just finished binging it. A little slow in parts, but feck me. What a good show. Not peak GOT, but considering the foul taste of season 8, this is a fantastic return to form. Finally a well written and constructed show. And that finale didnt half wet my appetite for next season. Hurry up 2023.

AlPistacho

Really enjoyed this. Totally disagree with the guy who says he doesn't give a toss about anyone. I think there's reason to be sympathetic to people on both sides and they really built the escalation well in the final few episodes.
I actually don’t like the way Alicant and Rhynaera have been portrayed in the show as primarily motivated by motherly instincts. Then you neither root for them, because they both rightly or wrongly are lead by different people to believe that their children will die or could die. It’s like the most primal thing, you can’t hate them for it, but then both are so similar you can’t favour one over the other.

So they end up being neutrals who are just reacting to the words and plots of those around them.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I actually don’t like the way Alicant and Rhynaera have been portrayed in the show as primarily motivated by motherly instincts. Then you neither root for them, because they both rightly or wrongly are lead by different people to believe that their children will die or could die. It’s like the most primal thing, you can’t hate them for it, but then both are so similar you can’t favour one over the other.

So they end up being neutrals who are just reacting to the words and plots of those around them.
Difference between the two of them is Alicent knew Rhaenyra is the heir. She chose to believe that Viserys was referring to their son and she allowed herself to be manipulated by her father. Rhaenyra is also motivated by the fact that she's supposed to protect not just her children but the realm. It's not only motherly instincts that's driving her she's thinking about protecting humanity as well.

Rooney1987

I remember when they switched the actors mid season most didn't like it was the younger Rhaenyra was very good but that last ep was why they hired Emma D’arcy.

AlPistacho

Difference between the two of them is Alicent knew Rhaenyra is the heir. She chose to believe that Viserys was referring to their son and she allowed herself to be manipulated by her father. Rhaenyra is also motivated by the fact that she's supposed to protect not just her children but the realm. It's not only motherly instincts that's driving her she's thinking about protecting humanity as well.
I might have interpreted it wrongly. But to me it always seemed like she was brainwashed by Otto into believing Rhaenyra would kill her children and he had to keep whispering in her ear over decades. That then made her judge certain things that Rhaenyra did with a negative bias that she wouldn’t have done if not for Otto’s whispering.

When Visery’s died I genuinely think the show wanted it to be a miscommunication that she genuinely believed and wanted to fulfil her husbands last wish.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That was great. I kind of wish Daemon had remained heir. Would’ve been a lot of fun after the death of his brother. He has a mind for war.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The one Daemon was singing to is supposed to be similar in size to Vhagar.
Not really. It is bigger than what the Blacks currently have but no match for Vhagar in terms of size. But that being said, like in real life, size is an advantage but no guarantee of victory.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think that's Vermitor The Bronze Fury who is the 4th largest. Balerion was the largest closely followed by Vhagar.The Cannibal is the 3rd largest.
Isn't Cannibal supposed to bigger than Vhagar? I wish we'd get to see him in the show but I doubt it. Read a fascinating theory that Cannibal is descended from a different lineage than the Targ dragons and that's why he eats them. He was also on Dragonstone before the Targs so is easily the oldest dragon alive.