How are you coping as a City fan?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think it’s fair to say that we are all more than happy to see City win the league if given a choice between them and Liverpool. That said, what needs to happen in order to get there is kinda excruciating! I find myself constantly emotionally torn when watching them, as I am now. I want them to win the league (sort of), but also don’t want to watch them win any given football match!

Very difficult to watch a match and wish them victory!

ATXRedDevil

I hope they win every remaining game in the premier league, and I’m coping just fine with it. Hope we knock them out the FA cup and champions league. It’s the only thing a true united fan would wish for.

Tarrou

If in a title race without us, I never watch them unless they’re playing United

lysglimt

Scout
I hope they win every remaining game in the premier league, and I’m coping just fine with it. Hope we knock them out the FA cup and champions league. It’s the only thing a true united fan would wish for.
Hm - you know they are playing us in a month right ? :)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yea same with me, generally speaking. But in real terms, can you watch them against Watford, as I am now for instance, and not want Watford to score whenever they come forward?

Have to constantly remind myself of the bigger picture.

Oh, and one of those remaining games is against us!

Chipper

Adulterer.
Not too bad. It's been a while really, so I'm kind of used to it now.

I don't watch them mind, doing that and hoping they win would seem weird. I don't really watch much of anyone besides United anyway. I keep up with scores online, via Sky Sports News and on the radio if I'm in kitchen. The goals aren't really flowing for them lately, that makes it a bit nervy.

SungSam7

I have come to terms with it, City aren't as bad as Liverpool when they win things. They win it and it's done and dusted within a few months, they then look towards the next challenge.

However, Liverpool will be literally shoving it down every fans throats till the day they die about how they finally won the title. Just scares me every day at the thought of it.

Only obnoxious City "fans" are those who used to be Chelsea fans or have multiple teams the follow. But you ignore them!

GiddyUp

The empty seats tell me that even they're supporters are all too nervous to watch.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not too bad. It's been a while really, so I'm kind of used to it now.

I don't watch them mind, doing that and hoping they win would seem weird. I don't really watch much of anyone besides United anyway. I keep up with scores online, via Sky Sports News and on the radio if I'm in kitchen. The goals aren't really flowing for them lately, that makes it a bit nervy.
This is my struggle!

djembatheking

It is easy being a City fan when they are up against Liverpool . 2014 was easy , Slippy and Crystanbul made sure of that .

klsv

"Pep's at the wheel
Tell me how good it feels
Got Mendy and Foden and Mahrez
David Silva blue and bred on PED's"

Cloud7

It’s awful to be honest. I’m watching city watford here and normally when I watch these matches I always hope for an upset but I can’t even hope for that FFS. We need to be back in the title race next season. I’ve had enough of this ‘lesser of two evils’ crap.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I drink lots of tea and coffee but apart from that surprisingly well. Much rather them than Liverpool.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It’s awful to be honest. I’m watching city watford here and normally when I watch these matches I always hope for an upset but I can’t even hope for that FFS. We need to be back in the title race next season. I’ve had enough of this ‘lesser of two evils’ crap.
Honestly, imagine having to celebrate a last minute City winner!

ATXRedDevil

Yea same with me, generally speaking. But in real terms, can you watch them against Watford, as I am now for instance, and not want Watford to score whenever they come forward?

Have to constantly remind myself of the bigger picture.

Oh, and one of those remaining games is against us!
It’s really weird. I’m watching too and openly rooting for them. I feel dirty, but I just hate Liverpool so bloody much, and my hope for their eternal suffering eclipses any disdain I may have city.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think only people who interact with a lot of Liverpool fans have this problem.

Quality of football aside, how anyone can enjoy City on top is beyond me. Sayings like "oh it's because of their wealth" are classic defense mechanisms.

But as a fan of football, the way they play is excellent.

Cloud7

Honestly, imagine having to celebrate a last minute City winner!
It’s awful. I keep watching and hoping Watford catch them on the break, then remember fecking Liverpool. It’s enough to make you want to vomit.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
This game against Watford just shows how irrelevant they really are. Hopefully they win but god damn they're not money.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Balls. I give it for granted they will win. Now I read this and checked the scores... and will continue to do it for the next hour.

Thanks

PS: Spurs :lol:

Dudu

Not a great feeling.. but I'm coping fine.

As long as Liverpool don't win... All that matters.

SuperiorXI

I think it's embarrasing and small time to support another team, especially City.

I hate the fact either of them could win the League. It's shite.

Dudu

Did Watford play this defensive against Liverpool?
Nope. It's because they've rested half the team for their FA cup game.

Funny this is City would probably be winning against their normal attacking 11.

Bogga

I remember laughing for a second when Newcastle scored against them a couple of weeks back... then I remembered it was a bad thing :(

Kapardin

Yes!! They scored!!:drool:

Last game for the day and you can't even watch hoping they would drop points. Feels fecking terrible.:(

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
I can't even laugh or be happy when they drop points now, that's how bad it is. Football is a funny old game. That being said, City has been labouring to wins for their past few games and this is going to catch up to them recently. I won't be surprised if Watford shocks them.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Not supporting City by a long way in their next two matches. So there is that at least

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Yes!! They scored!!:drool:

Last game for the day and you can't even watch hoping they would drop points. Feels fecking terrible.:(
Yeah, doesn't feel right. Wish they could both just lose all their games and it stays the same. Actually, we would win it :lol:

But then, the pressure the win puts on Pool makes it pretty sweet.