How Brighton BEAT Football

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Crystal Palace have had back to back victories at Old Trafford. Have they beat football?

Oranges038

Hype is reaching ridiculous levels.

Anyone remember when Ipswich finished 5th and got into Europe?

Bolton?

Boro?

Hammondo

I only recall the over the top dressing room celebrations when they beat us and his crying after we beat them in the FA Cup to be fair. I just remember he came across badly.
Don't be a snowflake.

PoTMS

Hardly. They beat Manchester United. Our brand of football is closer to rugby football rather than association football.

F-Red

I think they might be a start of a change in how clubs are run though, its hard to point at a better run club.
Better run club is a bit over the top, they just have a good model for scouting and then exploiting assets to sell on at a higher price.

SER19

Without the oil clubs, Brighton were top 4 last season. And in the CL now. Anybody who uses the piss poor argument that the money of murderous and corrupt states are the only way to compete are full of it and wont simply admit they want fast predictable success. Newcastle, have leapfrogged Brighton, in the space of 18 months or so, to be in the Champions League and the San Siro. It's absurd that this isn't called out in the media for what it is.

marktan

1. Using the analytics and data from Starlizard that no other club can come close to touching (aside from maybe Brentford).

2. Multi club ownership to allow the likes of Mitoma, Undav, Adingra bed in at Union SG before integration into Brighton. Most clubs don't have that ability.

3. Good coaching staff, but all of it comes from the management and Tony Bloom - they know how to run a club unlike at United. Potter left and wasn't missed one bit.

ShinjiNinja26

They should replace us in the champions league.
No they shouldn’t, they didn’t earn it. We finished 3rd and they finished 6th, even if we lose every game in the group we still earned the right to be in the competition. Until they finish in the top 4 they can play Europa and be grateful. Sorry to use your post a platform to rant a bit but I’m just sick of them getting piped off every 2 minutes lately and as a result seem to be getting too big for their boots judging by their Twitter.

CallyRed

No they shouldn’t, they didn’t earn it. We finished 3rd and they finished 6th, even if we lose every game in the group we still earned the right to be in the competition. Until they finish in the top 4 they can play Europa and be grateful. Sorry to use your post a platform to rant a bit but I’m just sick of them getting piped off every 2 minutes lately and as a result seem to be getting too big for their boots judging by their Twitter.
Let it out. Don't keep this stuff bottled up.

Brophs

The One and Only
I’m going to say what we’re all thinking: De Zerbi’s haircut is preposterous for a man of his age.

lex talionis

Brighton were on the up before they hunted down their prey at OT. Well done, Seagulls.

Brophs

The One and Only
And also spent £250m less than Brighton on the past five or so seasons.
Plus they’ve managed to appoint Roy Hodgson to succeed himself as manager after his retirement, which is next level stuff.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Plus they’ve managed to appoint Roy Hodgson to succeed himself as manager after his retirement, which is next level stuff.
Pretty much raised him from the dead.

Decade long lurker

I often think the way it used to be is reflected in how opposition fans and media react to our defeats these days. You’re not beating prime United. We are where we are. Not as well run as Brighton and other clubs for sure. Injury crisis going on. I’m hoping for improvement as the season goes on and players return.

Hammondo

Better run club is a bit over the top, they just have a good model for scouting and then exploiting assets to sell on at a higher price.
Well that is a massive part of it, they have done a lot of management and football related things well.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Are Brighton the new hipster club? Like Dortmund used to be or that other team from France or Italy or wherever it was.

Blood Mage

The Brighton hype needs to feck off. They've never finished above us the cnuts and I don't think they will this season either.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I enjoy the football Brighton play and I'd like to see them in the CL but not at our expense.

Besides, Leicester winning the PL was an anomaly and all the heavyweights had collectively collapsed that season. Arsenal finished 10 points behind in second and City were 4th with 66 points.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Let's wait until they win something shall we?

Good club and doing things the right way but anybody would think they've just become the second team to win the treble.
What is this ‘right way’ I keep reading about? They’ve got one of the biggest debts in world football.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well not if you are called Tottenham, but it has for us. Since SAF we have won trophies but made no real progression. Had some better seasons than others, some buys have worked out, and it's worked out.

If Brighton could do that then it's a massive success.
If Brighton could do what - win trophies or be consistently good? As they haven’t won a single trophy nor finished once in the top 4. So while what they’re doing is impressive it’s nowhere near the realm of teams that have actually won things, nor does it equate to BEATING football. I’m all for focusing on efficient administration, strong structured and processes and a cohesive footballing vision, but let’s also put it into the context that it deserves rather than pretending they’ve reached the pinnacle of football when they’re trophyless and CL- less.

amolbhatia50k

Very true. We peaked but could not sustain.The toughest thing in my mind is to sustain!!
But what a peak it was! PL and FA cup winners will remain a brilliant achievement no matter what.

Micky Targaryen

Aside from this forum, I don't think Brighton is being "overhyped" or "overrated" at all. Just that people are starting to recognise Brighton as a proper football club and giving it the respect it deserves. No one is actually saying they are on par with the likes of Madrid or City, aside from some delusional teenage posters here.

Taribo's Gap

Seagulls, trawlers, clickbait video titles, media hype. I didn't think it was possible, but the legend of Cantona grows ever more.

I think he foresaw this exact moment of Brighton's ascendancy over the footballing world when he came out with that line three decades ago.

Truly impressive.

amolbhatia50k

Aside from this forum, I don't think Brighton is being "overhyped" or "overrated" at all. Just that people are starting to recognise Brighton as a proper football club and giving it the respect it deserves. No one is actually saying they are on par with the likes of Madrid or City, aside from some delusional teenage posters here.
Name and shame them?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
“BEAT football”. Goodness me

Yes they are a very well run club both on and off the pitch and I really wish United had such a structure in place to get the best out of the football on the pitch but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. They haven’t won anything yet.

padzilla

Hipster
Brighton's model is to essentially flip footballers like they were houses.

Dortmund have adopted the same policy in recent years and it's no coincidence since they reduced their aspirations that Munich have won the German league every season for a decade.

It's almost as if football clubs and many supporters value savvy accounting and balancing the books as more vital than actually winning trophies.