How Brighton BEAT Football

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
De Zerbi looking more like the ideal Utd manager by the day...

TheReligion

Abusive
@UTAretro @The Boy

What’s going on? Interested to hear your thoughts of RdZ, especially as both he and Potter keep featuring as a possible replacement for Ten Hag.

Are the current struggles due to something he’s done/isn’t doing or limitations of the squad? Admittedly not seen much of you guys this season.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Someone must speak up. The madness has to end.

You simply cannot be a top manager with this haircut. You just can't.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I'm not a massive fan of De Zerbi but to be fair, XI vs XI, I'm not sure a single Brighton player gets in the Roma team:

If you look at the team for what it is, it's really not a good starting 11.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I'm not a massive fan of De Zerbi but to be fair, XI vs XI, I'm not sure a single Brighton player gets in the Roma team:

If you look at the team for what it is, it's really not a good starting 11.
Yeah, I don't mean to Dunk on Brighton here, but that team is Gross. Hecke knows they could use more Steele, that's for sure.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
I follow both teams and the only one would be Lamptey over Celik/Karsdorp/Kristensen imho (and, outside that S11, Mitoma over EL92)..

Brighton are very decent but Roma simply have better players.. Just for example in that line-up alone there are some players that won either EURO2021 (Spinazzola, Pellegrini, Cristante), World Cup2022 (Paredes, Dybala) or African cup 2024 (N'Dicka) among others..

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I follow both teams and the only one would be Lamptey over Celik/Karsdorp/Kristensen imho (and, outside that S11, Mitoma over EL92)..

Brighton are very decent but Roma simply have better players.. Just for example in that line-up alone there are some players that won either EURO2021 (Spinazzola, Pellegrini, Cristante), World Cup2022 (Paredes, Dybala) or African cup 2024 (N'Dicka) among others..
You’re not seriously suggesting that to be successful tonight Brighton needed better players?

How tactically inept is De Zerbi if he needs better players to beat Roma?

mu4c_20le

@UTAretro @The Boy

What’s going on? Interested to hear your thoughts of RdZ, especially as both he and Potter keep featuring as a possible replacement for Ten Hag.

Are the current struggles due to something he’s done/isn’t doing or limitations of the squad? Admittedly not seen much of you guys this season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Eh. They're in the EL R16 and still fighting for european places in the PL aren't they? Nights like this actually strenghten the point of this thread if anything

Like this Brighton squad should be aiming to finish 10th in the PL at best. Nevermind playing a EL R16 tie...

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Eh. They're in the EL R16 and still fighting for european places in the PL aren't they? Nights like this actually strenghten the point of this thread if anything

Like this Brighton squad should be aiming to finish 10th in the PL at best. Nevermind playing a EL R16 tie...
Tbf they're 1 point ahead of Wolves in 10th.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

They finished 6th last season and 9th the season before.

They've won just five of their last 21 league games, lost 3-0 to Fulham on the weekend and 4-0 to Luton at the end of January.

They're going backwards in the league under him (which I'd say is understandable given the injuries they've had, but I've been led to believe that doesn't matter).

berbasloth4

Regardless of their latest form Brighton and de zerbi are still having a decent season.

People need to look at circumstances and losing best players each season. Also trying to manage a smallish squad in their first campaign in Europe is going to be a challenge.

On top of that hearing that a couple of your fans have been stabbed before the game can’t be good for concentration either.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Grown ass man with spikey hair. Insaneo behaviour

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Tbf they're 1 point ahead of Wolves in 10th.
They finished 6th last season and 9th the season before.

They've won just five of their last 21 league games, lost 3-0 to Fulham on the weekend and 4-0 to Luton at the end of January.

They're going backwards in the league under him (which I'd say is understandable given the injuries they've had, but I've been led to believe that doesn't matter).
Ah allright. Nevermind then :D

Finishing 6th last season and 9th the year before were serioisly impressive though

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

"You're telling me he's a top manager when he's taking time out of his day to delicately craft those spikes in the morning? No."

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Are they not just kind of falling back to the level somewhere nearer where they should be at with the players/resources they have?

It was the media who decided to start talking about them as if they were the rebirth of 2008 Barcelona.

Their first European game this season was amusing when their players were trying to showboat playing 100mph one touch football while a supposedly no mark Greek team picked them apart on the break. Can't blame them for getting a bit over excited though.

abundance

Supports
Inter
You’re not seriously suggesting that to be successful tonight Brighton needed better players?

Here's the "I follow neither teams" reply.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Here's the "I follow neither teams" reply.
No it was the “What would be said about him were he United manager” reply. It’s not my serious view of him or the club.

I’ve said many times De Zerbi is a good manager but Roma are where they deserve to be in Serie A.

They aren’t anywhere a title challenge and I’d argue levels below still even Juventus and AC Milan. They’ve been playing better under De Rossi (still struggling against better sides) but last night Brighton weren’t unlucky they were just outclassed.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

You cannot judge him until he has every single player healthy for at least 10 consecutive games.

BarstoolProphet

Feels like a bit of Southampton about Brighton now. Even with a seriously impressive recruitment/development strategy, every club will be affected by losing their best players/key personell several summers in a row. Then again they have had a lot of injuries to key players and too many games to handle for a club of that size, so they might return to winning ways soon.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think they'll have these seasons. Theyll qualify for Europe after next season but be unable to fight in both and they'll drop.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Is this the Gareth Southgate thread or where
where do I go for that?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Well well well. How the turned tables..
Brighton are currently experiencing the worst injury crisis in history of European football.

On a serious note, De Zerbi is far from a certain thing, I think anyone is going to be on the same page here. He's very young, has done well with Sassuolo and Brighton but that's a level or two below what would be expected from him at United or City. I find it quite hard to assess him on his Brighton spell alone because of how turbulent things are there. I like the football they play, even in games they lose heavily they still produce some very good moments where it feels like 1 or 2 quality players could turn things around, however his inability to produce results when dominating games is concerning and I think he meddles with the team a little too much. They've still overperformed this year relative to what realistic expectations should have been, but they've been in a similar place for a while even under Potter i.e. playing well but struggling to see off games.

Basically you wouldn't really know what you are getting into with him, much like many other young managers.