How Brighton BEAT Football

Ludens the Red

feckin hell :lol: this has escalated into an extremely bitter thread. Is this what we’ve come to? Taking kicks out of Brighton losing a game?

Nonameisknown

Supports
United
feckin hell :lol: this has escalated into an extremely bitter thread. Is this what we’ve come to? Taking kicks out of Brighton losing a game?
Anyone who's seen how De Zerbi has been deified in English football by the media would not talk like this. He was called better than ten Hag ffs.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Even if they finish 15th this season, what they’ve achieved has been impressive and worthy of praise

Yes the media and people saying things like title contenders are over the top. Dunking on them the second they have a bad defeat to a very good Villa side seems strange

A league with City, Newcastle etc. and football fans revel in the defeat of Brighton.
Good shout. Villa are mere mortals compared to AEK, the Greek gods of football.

Josh 76

The last time they lost 5-1, they won their nest league game. They play Liverpool next.

Ludens the Red

They brought it onto themselves. Their social media team acted like they won the World Cup after they beat United.
it’s Brighton, who cares? I’d understand if it was arsenal or spurs or something but this thread is getting weird. Getting angry at a team who’ve never won a trophy in their history getting some praise .
Anyone who's seen how De Zerbi has been deified in English football by the media would not talk like this. He was called better than ten Hag ffs.
Taking Brighton to 6th and into Europa League will obviously get more credit than finishing 3rd and winning the league cup with untied. But Again who cares..

IrishRedDevil

it’s Brighton, who cares? I’d understand if it was arsenal or spurs or something but this thread is getting weird. Getting angry at a team who’ve never won a trophy in their history getting some praise .

Taking Brighton to 6th and into Europa League will obviously get more credit than finishing 3rd and winning the league cup with untied. But Again who cares..
You care enough to defend them. Weird. I’m not angry, I’m laughing at them getting smashed.

Zed is not dead

I think what gets people, at least it’s what gets me, is all of the overreaction in here and the multiple threads on how they are the absolute of football and running of a football club, and how we’re absolute shite in comparison, while never taking into account the context.

I thought the Potter precedent was enough to get people cautious but it seems not.

cafecillos

It must have been the hangover after having BEATEN football.

I sort of like Brighton, but I hate all that clickbaity ott shite more.

Skills

Snitch
It's not like Ten Hag didn't have 6 and 7 put past him last season

mu4c_20le

It's a top 5 rival off the list. you should care

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

You cared enough to sing De Zerbi's praises in the other thread...

redshaw

Said at the time we stood off them for about 75 mins and made them look good and they probably won't have an easier away game.

Our performance was appalling in front of 70k home fans. Brighton didn't have to even work hard to get forward, it was a stroll for them. I think a lot of issues were in the minds of our players and the manager has recently tried to bring them together.

Ole'sgunnarwin

It's embarrassing, they've beaten us 3 times Ina row. I'd rather be near the top before laughing at smaller clubs.

ArmaDino

Oh boy did this thread go quiet.

This is such a typical PL trope as old as the SAF days are: play like world beaters when they face us and the turn into relegation candidates. Since they faced us, they only won 1 match in the PL, and 2 in the EL(against Ajax who is bottom of the table in the Eredevise)

And yet caf experts would have you believe that De Zebri si the second coming of SAF and Pep successor.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Oh boy did this thread go quiet.

This is such a typical PL trope as old as the SAF days are: play like world beaters when they face us and the turn into relegation candidates. Since they faced us, they only won 1 match in the PL, and 2 in the EL(against Ajax who is bottom of the table in the Eredevise)

And yet caf experts would have you believe that De Zebri si the second coming of SAF and Pep successor.
Mad to bump this thread the day they beat Ajax away in Europe, a day after we lose to European minnows. Timings not your forte?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looking good to make europa knock outs now and will be a threat in those rounds even if I don't think they'll get as far as SFs.

League form up and down but they are only 4 points off 5th with Sheffield United to come at home on Sunday.

Doing alright considering their central midfield is nowhere near the level it was last season and Estupinian has been a big miss in the last six weeks.

As usual some report went OTT and declared they'd defeated football or whatever and people quickly jumped on some mediocre results by them but they'll be challenging for top 6 all season. Finishing 6th two seasons running would be a huge achievement.